Gr. 4 is pointless in Sport Mode

Should Gr. 4 be discontinued from daily races?

• Yes - it is a dumbed-down Gr. 3 and serves no purpose

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • No - but it should feature less often than it does

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • No - Gr. 4 is as fun as any other group

Votes: 280 90.9%

• Total voters
Gr. 4 is pointless in Sport Mode, especially now that we have three other groups which are better with the introduction of Gr. 2. Whilst being a perfectly enjoyable group of cars, Gr. 4 is little other than an inferior version of Gr. 3. The only thing it offers which Gr. 3 doesn't is some unique cars and different drivetrains (e.g. the Gr. 4 GT-R is 4WD whereas its Gr. 3 counterpart is FR), but this does not make it worthy of a slot in the very-limited selection of daily races. Now that we have groups 1-3, all of which are faster and therefore more fun than Gr. 4, this group serves little to no purpose to the game, and it should feature a lot less than it does in Sport Mode, if at all.

There may be a bigger issue here, as PD continue to limit us to three daily races per day, with many of us complaining on a regular basis that a given day's selection does not suit our personal taste. Either way, I feel that Gr. 4 only gets in the way of having much more fun races in the form of Gr. 1 and the newly-introduced Gr. 2. Discuss if you so please!

The data has disproved the hypothesis

Are you around Sundays at 9pm EST? The league I'm in (click my sig) uses SS tires on Gr.4 and it's a lot more fun. Check it out.
Not quite ready for league racing just yet. My racecraft is still too rusty and I just can't get back to my old pace yet but I'm working on it!

Saying Gr.4 is pointless in the game is like saying touring car racing is pointless in real life, while the truth is touring car racing is (or at the very least, was) one of the most watched racing category besides Formula 1.

There is a reason why touring cars and gt4 are still living on in modern day motorsport. They are closer to the production car than the other racing categories, which means they are much closer to the "race on sunday, sell on monday" motto. The lack of bodykit or wingtips means they can create "raw-er" racing, something other racing categories cannot replicated.

Saying Gr.4 is pointless in the game is like saying touring car racing is pointless in real life, while the truth is touring car racing is (or at the very least, was) one of the most watched racing category besides Formula 1.

Its not the same but I agree with your point.Gr4 is not pointless.

There is a reason why touring cars and gt4 are still living on in modern day motorsport. They are closer to the production car than the other racing categories, which means they are much closer to the "race on sunday, sell on monday" motto. The lack of bodykit or wingtips means they can create "raw-er" racing, something other racing categories cannot replicated.

The main reason that GT4 or other touring series are alive is...money.Its super cheap compared to other series and thus more easy for customer "based" teams and championships.
Let me make it more clear:
A GT4 car would cost around 150.000 euros.A GT3 car has a price tag of around 450.000-500.000 euros.A GTE car is around 1.000.000 euros.That alone makes it clear why a lot of customer teams are offering an affordable "seat" to "gentlemen" drivers and why those kind of "programs" are really popular.

Race C was GT4 in Brands Hatch yesterday, full of action and tension, lots of overtaking, many mistakes and near misses. The funny thing is in the British GT Championship, the GT4 class can make laps _slower_ than we did :gtpflag:

That is a common thing in any "sim" racing title:"aliens" would always be able to lap faster that rl drivers do (same car series-same track).The difference is that the more "hardcore" the title is,its more difficult for "non-aliens" to do that.

Now that we have groups 1-3, all of which are faster and therefore more fun than Gr. 4

This single line is the main reason I disagree. Faster /= better IMO. It's the same reason I enjoy driving the N200 class cars in races, they are slower but require more accuracy to get fast times.

I am making an assumption with this last part, but if you had the choice, would you run with Racing Super Softs because they are faster and therefore more fun?

Completely disagree.

This single line is the main reason I disagree. Faster /= better IMO. It's the same reason I enjoy driving the N200 class cars in races, they are slower but require more accuracy to get fast times.

I am making an assumption with this last part, but if you had the choice, would you run with Racing Super Softs because they are faster and therefore more fun?

Completely disagree.
The E30 and R33 at Tsukuba is a prime example of what your points are. The slightest errors (a tad too much throttle on the E30; a tad too much trail braking on the R33) is going to lead you to so much oversteer, if not a total spin out. They're different from the race cars in the sense that you can feel them slowly lose their grip as you push them further, but you have to strike a balance of ultimate speed and grip. A tiny error costs you 5/10ths, and I love the thrill of it :D

Funny thing is... You just have to look at the public lobbies to see your answer on the RSS :(

But yeah I agree with all of what you said, and I hate RSS so I only use them when my hand is forced (restricted to RSS only or there's an alien in the room)

Is it me or does the Lexus RCF Gr4 handle like a pig when it comes to corners??

Gr4 is enjoyable but I love Gr1 the most since im a big fan of LMP.

No.

If someday I start doing online races (most of my GT Sport time is spent on livery editor, photo mode or custom races) it will probably be on Gr.4 because it's the most enjoyable driving experience for me.

Is it me or does the Lexus RCF Gr4 handle like a pig when it comes to corners??

Gr4 is enjoyable but I love Gr1 the most since im a big fan of LMP.
I've had fun using the torque of the RC F, in Sport Mode. Had good races and qualifying as well. I even got better fuel economy over M4s at Suzuka.

On another note, I parked the GT500 RC F and did a few Gr.4 Daily races. Other than the VGTs and Bugatti, I appreciate how PD put this class together. It really is more like or based on Super Taikyu, than GT4.

It doesn‘t work anymore, I tried it at Brands Hatch and had to pit for fuel

haha, so then I agree with the OP that Gr. 4 is pointless, actually the whole game is getting pointless with these constant BoP changes.
The M4 was ~same speed as many other cars in qualifying, usually not even the fastest car, it only had a huge fuel saving advantage for race C.
So apparently now they have reduced its power, massively increased the weight and also massively increased the fuel consumption, so it is now as pointless as the Cayman, which they also destroyed and never restored to a somewhat competitive level.
If I see on my friends list people that were good with the M4 (and pretty skilled) now being a second down in qualifying times compared to others using the Ferrari (which already is completely un-competitive) then I dunno why I should even bother with the game anymore, I don't have the time to pick and learn a new favorite car every few weeks to stay somewhat competitive.
And by the looks of it while now it's not a "M4 one-make" anymore (you won't see any M4s at all anymore soon when all have figured out that it's now a second too slow to be remotely competitive) now we have 9 Bugattis in the top 10, and that on Dragon Trail, which isn't even that much of a power/top speed track, so now you have a Bugatti one-make instead - well done!

Starting to get bored of GR4 races in Sport mode. If BOP were removed and tuning added GR4 would be really run. I have blast with GR4 in the lobbies as all car groups. A Lot of GR4 cars feel underpowered with the BOP in the Sport races. Need to race those cars in other modes to see what they are really capable of. This also goes for GR3.

For anyone interested, GT$ European Series Qualifying at Zolder is Live right now. In reality, the M4 is pretty much the strongest car in the field.

Back