Gr.B Rally Car Tunes

Note: friends say I set cars horribly, but it works for me. I drive chase w/ no HUD and - for now - cone braking guides

I just completed this. So far, the only races in campaign I had to actually adjust a car for to win. Here's my advice. Make your rally car a road car.

For Tokyo and Sardegna, I used the NSX in pretty much stock form except i adjusted brake balance to the front slightly and auto-tuned the trans to 290 (Tokyo) and 270 (Sardegna) They took 2 attempts each.
For Willow, I used the Mustang, though I suspect I could've used the NSX, but by 8 attempts I was fed up with it. Basically took the setting from the Gr4 Mustang and applied it as closely as possible w/max downforce. Took a further 2 attempts. Also, you'll need to adjust braking points earlier

Seems odd that the only 'rally' event consists of 2 paved circuits. Same with the Raptor "survival" event.

The Gr. B NSX is on my list to tune at the Ranch. I'm working on a frustrating Gr. 3 atm :lol:

EDIT: I think I have a tune now. I'll post it tomorrow.

Jerome

Last edited:
You're welcome to give my Gr.B Evo a go?

View attachment 735162
Car: LANCER FINAL EDITION Gr.B RALLY CAR (v1.18)

Tuned on: Willow Springs - Big Willow (1.20.603)
Suitable for GT leagues: Group B Rally Cross

BHP: 500 (96%)
Weight: 1,196kg (85%)
Tyres: Sports Soft

Traction: 0
Brake: 0
Ride: F-90mm R-100mm
Frequency: F-2.50hz R-2.50hz
Roll Bar: F-9 R-9
Damp Compression: F-63% R-63%
Damp Rebound: F-93% R-93%
Camber: F-2.6 R-2.4
Toe: F-in 0.15 R- 0.00
Downforce: F-200 R-300
LSD: F-10_25_35 R-10_25_35
Gears: Max 180mph
1st: 3.616
2nd: 2.466
3rd: 1.814
4th: 1.398
5th: 1.129
6th: 0.955
Final: 3.700

It you do, let me know how you get on :cheers:

You're welcome to give my Gr.B Evo a go?

It you do, let me know how you get on :cheers:

Hi I used your above settings for the Lancer Grp. B Rally car they worked really well I won the race in lap times of 1.25/6 not as good as you to get 1.20. Many thanks been stuck on Willow Springs race for over a week have tried different cars but to no success. Thanks again. Maybe do more settings for Grp. B cars as u are really good at them especially for Willow Springs

Thanks for trying out my setup @easygtsport11 and glad you had fun with it. :D
Many thanks for taking time to leave feedback. Much appreciated. :cheers:
:gtpflag:

Edit:
gran-turismo%E2%84%A2sport_20180629234114-jpg.748133

Car: LANCER FINAL EDITION Gr.B RALLY CAR (v1.21)

Tuned on: Tokyo Expressway - Central Inner Loop (1:20.815)
Suitable for GT leagues: Group B Rally Cross: Race 3

Brake: -2
Ride: F-75mm R-75mm
Roll Bar: F-7 R-9
Toe: F-in 0.08 R- 0.00
LSD: F-10_15_36 R-10_15_40

I found the key to obtaining quick laps on this circuit is limiting your braking to the absolute minimum. If you get it right, there's only two corners you need to brake for (first and last turn) To control your speed on the rest, lift off the throttle as you approach a corner and guide the car in towards the apex before accelerating out. There are a couple of tricky corners that require almost pin-point timing when lifting off as well as timely downshifts, but if you get them correct, the lap times should shorten dramatically.
The Tokyo circuits/layouts are generally high average speed so be wary of the restrictive sports soft tires, as the car can loose grip and slide out if your carrying either too much pace and/or find yourself off racing line and need hit the brakes when you're already on a bend! Once you find the rhythm though, consistent 1:21's should be a regular sight. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for trying out my setup @easygtsport11 and glad you had fun with it. :D
Many thanks for taking time to leave feedback. Much appreciated. :cheers:
:gtpflag:

Edit:
gran-turismo%E2%84%A2sport_20180629234114-jpg.748133

Car: LANCER FINAL EDITION Gr.B RALLY CAR (v1.21)

Tuned on: Tokyo Expressway - Central Inner Loop (1:20.815)
Suitable for GT leagues: Group B Rally Cross: Race 3

Ride: F-75mm R-75mm
Roll Bar: F-7 R-9
Toe: F-in 0.08 R- 0.00
LSD: F-10_15_36 R-10_15_40

I found the key to obtaining quick laps on this circuit is limiting your braking to the absolute minimum. If you get it right, there's only two corners you need to brake for (first and last turn) To control your speed on the rest, lift off the throttle as you approach a corner and guide the car in towards the apex before accelerating out. There are a couple of tricky corners that require almost pin-point timing when lifting off as well as timely downshifts, but if you get them correct, the lap times should shorten dramatically.
The Tokyo circuits/layouts are generally high average speed so be wary of the restrictive sports soft tires, as the car can loose grip and slide out if your carrying either too much pace and/or find yourself off racing line and need hit the brakes when you're already on a bend! Once you find the rhythm though, consistent 1:21's should be a regular sight. :)
Tune sucks rather gi stock

For some tuning back ground for rally, keep in mind that they usually have a push, or lack of steering. Depending on your skill level, you’ll want to add steering.
To do that experiment with using a stiffer rear sway bar, like 4 front and 6 rear. Also try higher ride hieght in back, as well as lower in back to see what suits your driving style. You can add steering by adding camber in the back, for example 1.5 front and 3.0 rear. The differential settings can be used to make the car feel more aggressive or less, as desired also. The higher the center number, the more the wheels work together. This means more acceleration as long as the car isn’t trying to spin out under power. The bottom number can be used to help steering off power and the top diff setting can be tuned to adjust how soon the diff feels like the wheels are locked together.

For gearing you need to see where it might be faster to not shift mid corner and adjust that gear for that. For example if you cant make it thru turn 4 without an upshift into 4th gear, make 3 rd taller(lower number).

These are just some general guidelines in case you want to experiment.

Hej gents i use this tune for this event, it's a slicely modyfied tune of the Lancer above that i use on the WRX.

BHP: 100 %
Weight: 100%

Ride: F-70mm R/ R-75mm
Frequency: F-2.20hz / R-2.50hz
Roll Bar: F-7 /R -10
Damp Compression: F-63% / R-63%
Damp Rebound: F-93% / R-93%
Camber: F-2.0 / R-2.5
Toe: F-in 0.10 / R- 0.00

Downforce: F-200 / R-250

LSD: F-10/10/25 R-10/10/35

Gears: 180 km/h
1st: 3.357/70
2nd: 2.449/96
3rd: 1.875/126
4th: 1.479/158
5th: 1.181/200
6th: 0.931/270
Final: 4.454

I'm a DS4 driver and for me works fine, first place plus 50% for clean race.
IMG_20190628_064024.jpg

Last edited:
For some tuning back ground for rally, keep in mind that they usually have a push, or lack of steering. Depending on your skill level, you’ll want to add steering.
To do that experiment with using a stiffer rear sway bar, like 4 front and 6 rear. Also try higher ride hieght in back, as well as lower in back to see what suits your driving style. You can add steering by adding camber in the back, for example 1.5 front and 3.0 rear. The differential settings can be used to make the car feel more aggressive or less, as desired also. The higher the center number, the more the wheels work together. This means more acceleration as long as the car isn’t trying to spin out under power. The bottom number can be used to help steering off power and the top diff setting can be tuned to adjust how soon the diff feels like the wheels are locked together.

For gearing you need to see where it might be faster to not shift mid corner and adjust that gear for that. For example if you cant make it thru turn 4 without an upshift into 4th gear, make 3 rd taller(lower number).

These are just some general guidelines in case you want to experiment.
great post!

I would have thought that initial setting in the lsd was just permanent tightness of the diff even when not under accel/decel force, like when the clutch is pressed, which might feel like higher reactivity of accel/decel lock but is not exactly that. I think it affects steering in some longer turns where you keep an almost constant speed for a while.

Thanks a lot for all of your information. This should help out a lot. This is why I can't make a good setup. I lack all of this knowledge. Thanks again

garystevens64

Thanks for sending this to me, it's help out a lot so far. I wish that I had the knowledge that some people have to be able to create good car setups. As you know I'm sure a good setup makes all the difference in a race.

garystevens64

Thanks for sending this to me, it's help out a lot so far. I wish that I had the knowledge that some people have to be able to create good car setups. As you know I'm sure a good setup makes all the difference in a race.

garystevens64
the 1 thing that makes all the difference in Gran Turismo is changing the default gearing and adding the LSD on road cars. That's where the major gain happens, even before tuning these 2 to your taste. But it's nice to tune everything and there is indeed some gain to be found by doing it.

Back