Gran Turismo 1 Weekly Race Series: Official thread

• Thread starter poolio
  • 142 comments
pooliogeordio
Due to the demand for a weekly series I've taken it upon myself to instigate the whole thing so here goes...............

I'll do the usual thing of setting the rules out for each race at the start of the week, submissions are to be made by PM only to myself. You can run as many laps as you wish as long as your chosen lap time is in before the deadline for the given week.

You will only submit times for clean runs, no wallriding or bumping is allowed and you must have at least 2 wheels on the course at all times. Proof of your time is not required but should it be requested please be ready to submit proof either by screenshot or replay.

Rankings will cover the top 5 times with points being given in reverse order e.g;

1st = 5 points
2nd = 4 points
3rd = 3 points
4th = 2 points
5th = 1 points

and i will post a table showing the cumulative totals for the overall leaders in the series.

Oh and I wont be entering for fear of accusations of cheating.

So, here's the first race:

Track -
Deep Forest
Race Limitations - Seeing as it's the first race there will be no limitations on car mods, drivetrain or tyres. The only thing you can't have is race modification. Otherwise - anything goes!
Deadline for entry - 12 noon GMT Friday 26th May

Gentlemen, start your engines!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing after week 1

1. Suchayo - 9 points
2. TMM - 8 points
3. Sagaris GTB - 4 points
4. NO ENTRY
5. NO ENTRY

Ok, I'm in. Since I only have 3 cars my choice of car is pretty easy (GTO twin turbo).

Time trials in GT1 were somewhat sad 2-lap, standing-start, affairs. So should one instead just do practice at, say the Deep Forest Racing Way spot race?

Yea it's the fastest lap from a practice session because as you said the time trials are a bit rubbish

And yes coldfire this week it's the fastest lap with a non r body car

HYBRIDLVR
Don't cheat yourself now, You should pick a fast car instead! :)

Are you joining the fun HYBRIDLVR? When I PM do I need to specify the car I will be using? Can chnage or do I have to stick to that car for the week?

HYBRIDLVR
Don't cheat yourself now, You should pick a fast car instead! :)

I just started playing GT1. I have all the easy (blue dot) races done in arcade mode and I have passed the B and A licenses. I also won the Sunday Cup (twice) and bought the Nissan Skyline GTS M T-type (or is it GTS T M-type?) and the Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo. I have won a bunch of the spot races and have about 68,000 cr. I was going to try to get a car that could win the US vs UK races to get the purple concept car and try to get that set up for me. But for this week I will just use what I have.

Although its name does not say "race-modified", the purple (or yellow) Concept Car actually is race-modified; it has adjustable downforce.

peterjford
But for this week I will just use what I have.
I was just kidding PJ, The Mits GTO Twin is a super fast car!

TMM

I doubt I will be able to participate, I'm a little busy and barely able to post on my spare time, If something changes I will definately give an update.

TMM
Are you joining the fun HYBRIDLVR? When I PM do I need to specify the car I will be using? Can chnage or do I have to stick to that car for the week?

yes you need to specify the car you used for your fastest lap and you dont have to use the same car all week. you can use as many cars as you want

HYBRIDLVR
I was just kidding PJ, The Mits GTO Twin is a super fast car!

TMM

I doubt I will be able to participate, I'm a little busy and barely able to post on my spare time, If something changes I will definately give an update.

I know what you mean about being busy. I wanted to do some setup and testing this weekend, even get a banker lap posted for this series but I didn't even get the PS2 turned on, went to a dog show instead... Hopefully tonight...

poolio
there's plenty of time to get your entries in

Believe me, Friday mid-day is fast approaching for me... The weekend goesw even faster, I must be getting old...

poolio
tell me about it. its my 27th birthday today and im wondering where the hell the last 10 years have gone :indiff: :nervous:

Happy Birthday. 27 years young, is that why your a junior member???!!!??

I still haven't turned the PS2 on yet, time really is getting short... Might have to abondon my planned car and go with something I can get my hands on easily.

TMM
Happy Birthday. 27 years young, is that why your a junior member???!!!??

I still haven't turned the PS2 on yet, time really is getting short... Might have to abondon my planned car and go with something I can get my hands on easily.

thanks hehehe. how do i get rid of the junior member tag? it's been bothering me :indiff:

I was doing some laps in the GTO tt. Using the practice before a spot race I think. I have this car pretty much maxed out on mods (but no race mod) and have started tweaking the settings, but can't seem to get it right. Also, in the practice before a race there is no way to save a lap to prove your time. Anyway I got tired of doing that and went to arcade mode (still haven't finished that either). I noticed that there was no time entered for Deep Forest in Time Trials so I tried it in the GTO tt. On my first try I beat my best time in simulation mode by 4 seconds. I guess I really suck and tuning cars and/or the arcade mode is a lot easier to drive (I guess that is why its called arcade mode). Tonight I am going to have to search the forums for tuning tips for the GTO.

poolio
thanks hehehe. how do i get rid of the junior member tag? it's been bothering me :indiff:

I think it's on the number of post's you do and by the look of your Avatar you have moved onwards. Still haven't even turned the PS2 on, damm but I need a free day to get this done.

woo hoo active member!

ive been thinking of launching a team event for this too. my idea involves two of you guys getting together and making up a team. hopefully getting around six teams altogether, then using your times to calculate placings in the race and allocating points accordingly

does this make sense and is it something you're all interested in?

poolio
woo hoo active member!

Congrats

poolio
ive been thinking of launching a team event for this too. my idea involves two of you guys getting together and making up a team. hopefully getting around six teams altogether, then using your times to calculate placings in the race and allocating points accordingly

does this make sense and is it something you're all interested in?

I like the idea but I'm having enough probs trying to fit this race series into my life.

poolio
maybe i should make it monthly instead of weekly?

Monthly might work for me. I could schedule a time for it then. Still waiting to setup and race this series, I might be able to do a quick lap or two and then PM them. Bet I'm last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I managed to get sometime on the PS2, up till after mid-night and I only did about 20 runs. Must get more organised for next week. when are the results and the next challenge going to be posted?

Right here.............

Week 1 results:

1. Suchayo - 1:05.182 - R32 '89
2. Sagaris GTB - NSX TypeSzero - 1:06.159
3. TMM - 1:06.916 - 400R
4. NO ENTRY
5. NO ENTRY

points standings will be updated in the first post of the thread

Week 2 race:

Track - Trial Mountain
Race Limitations - FR cars only. HP limit of 250. No R bodies.
Deadline for entry - seeing as im going away a the end of next week for a few days this week will run slightly longer. Deadline is Monday 12th June at noon GMT

hopefully more entries this time.....................:)

Does the HP limit apply to the amount shown in the garage, or the amount shown in the settings with the graph? For this time I don't think it matters for me because I think I got it where I want it with 249hp in settings and 246hp in the garage.

Does anyone want to see my vehicle selection and settings?

Back