Gran Turismo 1 Weekly Race Series: Official thread

• Thread starter poolio
  • 142 comments
peterjford
Does the HP limit apply to the amount shown in the garage, or the amount shown in the settings with the graph? For this time I don't think it matters for me because I think I got it where I want it with 249hp in settings and 246hp in the garage.

Does anyone want to see my vehicle selection and settings?

If you would like to share the info with us...

peterjford
Does the HP limit apply to the amount shown in the garage, or the amount shown in the settings with the graph? For this time I don't think it matters for me because I think I got it where I want it with 249hp in settings and 246hp in the garage.

Does anyone want to see my vehicle selection and settings?

the one shown in the garage

this weeks winners

1.TMM - Copperhead concept car - 1.21.462
2.Suchayo - S13 Silvia '91 Q's - 1.23.810

standings updated

Wow. I thought it was a good lap, especially as I couldn't beat it when I tried later...

TMM
Has this race series stoppped running?

If there isn't an official one, you could give us one. Or I could. I was thinking of using one of the more unusual cars, i.e. the Subaru SVX. Then figure out if I should limit the mods and what track... but I don't even have time to participate in the official ones.

peterjford
If there isn't an official one, you could give us one. Or I could. I was thinking of using one of the more unusual cars, i.e. the Subaru SVX. Then figure out if I should limit the mods and what track... but I don't even have time to participate in the official ones.

That is the problem, finding the time. We could race the SVX, full mods including race body at the High Speed Ring. I only suggest this as I have the car to hand, what does anybody think?

I'll try to get a few laps in this week. When are times due? If you are going to make it Monday, may I suggest postponing it until Wednesday July 5th, most of us Yanks will be celebrating the 4th of July this coming weekend.

peterjford
I'll try to get a few laps in this week. When are times due? If you are going to make it Monday, may I suggest postponing it until Wednesday July 5th, most of us Yanks will be celebrating the 4th of July this coming weekend.

To appease all the yanks out there, the times will be due 12:30 GMT, 4th July...

Only joking, how about Monday 10th July, 12:30 GMT? PM me your times, anybody else interested in joining in?

sorry for not updating this. ive been amazingly busy with work and haven't had the time

is this thing continuing without me now?

poolio
sorry for not updating this. ive been amazingly busy with work and haven't had the time

is this thing continuing without me now?

I would say that TMM stepped in as a temporary replacement for this one. I would think that you can resume control once this challange is over. Then again I really shouldn't have any say in this. I can sit here at work and post but can't seem to find the time at home to ever participate. What I need to do is bring my PS2 into work. I problaby wouldn't get any good lap times here, but it would get me fired and that would give me plenty of time to race.:sly:

peterjford
I would say that TMM stepped in as a temporary replacement for this one. I would think that you can resume control once this challange is over. Then again I really shouldn't have any say in this. I can sit here at work and post but can't seem to find the time at home to ever participate. What I need to do is bring my PS2 into work. I problaby wouldn't get any good lap times here, but it would get me fired and that would give me plenty of time to race.:sly:

Hey we could all do with that!!!

Are people OK with my suggestion? I haven't done any laps myself so we could push it back another week, run it seperate to the series or just tack it on? Is anybody else participating?

TMM
Hey we could all do with that!!!

Are people OK with my suggestion? I haven't done any laps myself so we could push it back another week, run it seperate to the series or just tack it on? Is anybody else participating?

I really tried this weekend, but the girlfriend had other plans. I still don't have any mods for the SVX, but I did do the clubman cup again for some money and once the girlfriend is occupied with something else I will equip the Subaru and start trying different settings.

peterjford
I really tried this weekend, but the girlfriend had other plans. I still don't have any mods for the SVX, but I did do the clubman cup again for some money and once the girlfriend is occupied with something else I will equip the Subaru and start trying different settings.

OK, let me know if you want some more time...

JamaicanDrifter
How does this race series work? Please explain.

Well for the current race we are using a Subaru SVX with all mods, even racing body, on the High Speed Ring. This is not Arcade. I use the Time Trial tracks in GT to do my racing. You then PM your fastest lap time to the organiser, this time it's me, and points are awarded for where you come in the standings.

Usually a track and a limit are picked, ie Trial Mountain with any car under 250HP and without Race mod. You then pick your fastest lap and PM the organiser and he post's the standings. If your lap is in doubt then you might be asked to prove the time, so it's best to save a replay of your fastest lap so that you can take evidence after.

Anything I've missed...

well I've finally got my internet sorted out, so what have I missed....

let me get this right first of all...

Subaru SVX - Simulation Mode, all modifications (including Race Mods), High Speed Ring, just take a picture and post on here when done?

what should the hp come out at so I know i've done it right? and what tyres?

matherto
Subaru SVX - Simulation Mode, all modifications (including Race Mods), High Speed Ring, just take a picture and post on here when done?

You don't have to take a picture and post it here, only if your lap is called into question should you need 'evidence' and the best is in the form of a replay.

matherto
what should the hp come out at so I know i've done it right? and what tyres?

I'm not sure what the top HP is for the SVX and the tire choice is your's. What are you comfortable driving on, what suits your style or do you want to push the boundary and different tires? It's the same with the setup, it's all up to you.

Maybe make a note of the setup also in case your lap is called into question.

JamaicanDrifter
Ok I get it but.......Me have no capture card:crazy: And I dont have a camera phone:grumpy:

Don't worry about not having a capture card or phone. There are alternatives, X-Port, Game Shark etc... Just save a replay of your fastest lap so that you have something to refer back to if there are any questions raised.

TMM
You don't have to take a picture and post it here, only if your lap is called into question should you need 'evidence' and the best is in the form of a replay.

I'm not sure what the top HP is for the SVX and the tire choice is your's. What are you comfortable driving on, what suits your style or do you want to push the boundary and different tires? It's the same with the setup, it's all up to you.

Maybe make a note of the setup also in case your lap is called into question.

thanks TMM

Apologies for not posting sooner but I have been working on a different site and haven't been able to access the internet.

1st place: TMM racing an SVX S4 with the time of 50:652
2nd place: Sucahyo racing an SVX Version L with the time of 51:935
3rd place: No entry
4th place: No entry
5th place: No entry

Points standing at the mo: -

1st Place Suchayo with 13 points
1st Place TMM with 13 points
3rd Place Sagaris with 4 points

How about a TVR Cerberra with no mods, not even tires. Anybody suggest a course and want to have a go?

Hey I wouldn't mind joining this race series, but just 1 question -- for the lap time, it includes the 2nd lap around right? not only the first?

Oh and, how about a go at an rx7-fd aspec (no racing mods) ?

JvR314
Hey I wouldn't mind joining this race series, but just 1 question -- for the lap time, it includes the 2nd lap around right? not only the first?

Oh and, how about a go at an rx7-fd aspec (no racing mods) ?

No we only count the flying lap as the fastest time, ignore the first lap.

Anybody else interested, still waiting for a suggestion of a course and which car should we use, the TVR Cerberra or the RX7?

Mind if I join in the fun? :) Its been years since I last played GT1 but i've been thinking of getting back into it.

TMM
Anybody else interested, still waiting for a suggestion of a course and which car should we use, the TVR Cerberra or the RX7?
Cerbera :)

Back