Gran Turismo 1 Weekly Race Series: Official thread

• Thread starter poolio
  • 142 comments
OK, as I asked East first I will follow his suggestion but thanks for the input and we can use those ideas for the next races.

TVR Cerbera, no mods at all not even race or sport tires round the High Speed Ring but as we raced that last I think it should be the reversed direction. No wall riding so watch that first corner and PM me your fastest laps by Friday 11th August, 12:00 PM GMT. If this is to quick let me know.

east are you in?
xjr-9 are you in?
g4l are you in?
Jvr314 are you in?
matherto are you in?
JamaicanDrifter are you in?
peterjford are you in?
Poolio are you in?
Suchayo are you in?
Sagaris are you in?

xjr-9
I'm in. When do we have to be done by, and do we PM our entries to you?

xjr-9

Closing date is Friday 11th August, 12:00 PM (midday) GMT and yes PM the results to me.

Anybody I have PM'd regarding this race please either post in this thread or reply so that I can gauge interest.

Would anybody like to PM their best result by Friday 4th so that I can post the fastest time for people to aim at?

I just moved (about 1 km away from my previous apartment) and have not yet set up the PS2. I WILL compete in this eventually. Every night after work I get more stuff done on the list of things to do that my girlfriend/roommate made. The PS2 didn't even make it on her list. I think she is hoping I will forget which box it is in and never play it again, but I know exactly where it is...

Ok, that is enough complaining.

peterjford
I WILL compete in this eventually. Every night after work I get more stuff done on the list of things to do that my girlfriend/roommate made. The PS2 didn't even make it on her list. I think she is hoping I will forget which box it is in and never play it again, but I know exactly where it is...
Lol, Classic!-)

HYBRIDLVR
That's a great idea TMM, That will give them a chanllenging weekend!

I thought it would be a challenge, are you up for it???

Thanks for all the responces, should be a good race and I look forward to posting the results.

I forgot how fun the GT1 time trials were, I love the way its done over two laps and the way the times are displayed at the end if you do a fastest lap.

Is anyone else doing this in Time Trial mode? Because I think it would be cool if we submitted our best total time over the two laps aswell as our fastest lap.

east
I forgot how fun the GT1 time trials were, I love the way its done over two laps and the way the times are displayed at the end if you do a fastest lap.

Is anyone else doing this in Time Trial mode? Because I think it would be cool if we submitted our best total time over the two laps aswell as our fastest lap.

Yes I am but I've not made a note of my overall time, just the fastest 2nd lap time and I've saved a replay so that it can be verified if required.

I'm not sure about posting the fastest overall time as well as I tend to run slower on the 1st lap to wind up for the 2nd lap. I've done some cool drifting round some of the corners trying to get the power down and I'm pretty pleased with my lap so far.

If anybody wants to post the overall time as well as lap then I'll publish them but I will only count the fastet lap.

It's not over yet is it? I'm currently tied up doing the 'Ring 24 Hours on GT4 so I won't be able to post a time until tomorrow. Is that OK, and are we giving first lap and second lap times or not?

xjr-9

TMM
I thought it would be a challenge, are you up for it???

Thanks for all the responces, should be a good race and I look forward to posting the results.
Yes, I'm up for it!

east
Excellent Post! Not to mention how GT1 Would ask for your name and store it on your memory card when you beat the old Lap record, I sure mis that, Hopefully that feature will return to the GT series!

I have a question though. How dyou unlock the Cerbera for arcade mode, or do I have to do a few races and buy it in career? I dont really have too much time to do that many races.

xjr-9
It's not over yet is it? I'm currently tied up doing the 'Ring 24 Hours on GT4 so I won't be able to post a time until tomorrow. Is that OK, and are we giving first lap and second lap times or not?xjr-9

It doesn't close offically until midday (GMT) on Friday 11th August so you have plenty of time. It will be judged on fastest lap, that is generally the 2nd lap because of the standing start on the 1st.

HYBRIDLVR
Yes, I'm up for it!

Great another entry.

Sakiale
I have a question though. How dyou unlock the Cerbera for arcade mode, or do I have to do a few races and buy it in career? I dont really have too much time to do that many races.

I don't think anyone is using arcade, certainly I'm using simulation and running time trials and saving the fastest lap so that it can verified if called into question.

I have permission to post a target time which is now null and void, please still PM me your times even if they don't beat the target as there are still ponts up for grabs... And we all know what points make don't we...

I've just looked back and realised that we're doing High Speed Ring Reverse. I've been doing Grand Valley Speedway Reverse. Oops. 58.066 seconds did seem a bit quick. I guess that I'll be off to practise then, making all previos practising completely irrelevant.

xjr-9

xjr-9
I've just looked back and realised that we're doing High Speed Ring Reverse. I've been doing Grand Valley Speedway Reverse. Oops. 58.066 seconds did seem a bit quick. I guess that I'll be off to practise then, making all previos practising completely irrelevant.

xjr-9

That's a pretty good time for Grand Valley Speedway, reverse or not. Are you sure your running the stock Cerberra without even changing the tires?

Is it bad form to post again after yourself in the same thread, well tough...

Less than 24 hours left to PM the results, how are the laps going people???

Well the deadline has passed but nobody has PM'd me. I will try and logon later today or tonight but I'm on holiday for the next 2 weeks...

Well it's 2 am here in the UK and still nobody has Pm'd me. However with GTP being down and in the hope that I might get some times posted, otherwise I'll be the only 1 competing which isn't much of a race, I'll wait until next weekend.

No I'm not at work, finally got Internet access at home although only on a 56k modem so it's slow.

You still have my time dont forget TMM, but thats a bummer that no one else did this, I was really looking forward to the challenge.

I was in Italia ,thus I wasnt able to participate, but If you can still accept a field filler, I have done a time. I tried to PM TMM but it didnt work so ill post my time here. 58.199. Not fast, but I tried (Im alot better at GT4 than the early games) and its my best. Hope more people participate for this in future rounds. 👍

I was in Italia ,thus I wasnt able to participate, but If you can still accept a field filler, I have done a time. I tried to PM TMM but it didnt work so ill post my time here. 58.199. Not fast, but I tried (Im alot better at GT4 than the early games) and its my best. Hope more people participate for this in future rounds. 👍

Apologies, I changed my mail address for GTP but I didn't have time to confirm it before going away so that could have caused the Pm failure's. Anybody else try to PM me and fail? How do people feel about letting SagarisGTB's time stand, I'm happy to include it...

east
You still have my time dont forget TMM, but thats a bummer that no one else did this, I was really looking forward to the challenge.

Sorry east, I thought that the time you PM'd me was for GrandValley so I dismissed it...

So the standing so far is as follows: -

1st East - 58.066
2nd SagarisGTB - 58.199
3rd TMM - 58.907
4th Sucahyo - 59.253

So the series stands as follows: -

1st TMM - 16 points
2nd Sucahyo - 15 points
3rd SagarisGTB - 8 points
4th east - 5 points

how about a go at an rx7-fd aspec (no racing mods) ?

I think we should include a Race gearbox and possibly Race tires, what's everybodies opinon on this? Anyone like to name a course?

Ye, add Sagaris' time in, the more the better 👍 and something isnt quite right with your leaderboad, i'm guessing your time was a 57?

Ye, add Sagaris' time in, the more the better 👍 and something isnt quite right with your leaderboad, i'm guessing your time was a 57?

Your right, apologies it was late and I was trying to hurry before going away. I need to review the time cause I didn't post a 57.

So who wants to try the RX7 with Race gearbox and which course should we use? Autumn Mini anyone?

GT Days: 2223 Credits: 25,863,950 Cars: 34 Races: 554 Wins: 335 Second places: 59 Third places: 33 Others: 127

sorry for the stupid question, but where can I see the wins/second/third ratios in the game ?

Dix
sorry for the stupid question, but where can I see the wins/second/third ratios in the game ?

I'm not sure if you can. I think TMM just keeps very detailed records...

...then again I might be wrong.

Last edited:
Back