Gran Turismo 1 Weekly Race Series: Official thread

• Thread starter poolio
  • 142 comments
So, the due date will be set for December 22nd. I will be gone for a while. Don't be alarmed, I made a resolution to get off this computer for a bit. See you all then.

Hey all ! Greetings from Oz,

Time sent, pathetic though it was.
What a Pig of a Car and setup.There was no mention of racing brakes so I did not fit them, doubt it would have helped though.
I did not have a '93 model available so I used a '90 model.
Doubt there would be much difference here either !!!

First 10 laps moderately awful, I defy anyone to get around without excursions at all. Couple of decent laps once tyres warmed up but then started to feel very Seasick with all the bouncing up and down :yuck:

After about 12 laps, as tyres started to go off, it was just a matter of survival
very pleased to get to 20 laps, Car virtually undriveable by this stage.

Boy ! What a train wreck :ouch:!

Maybe future races could be just a car and track picked out in Arcade mode or something, just to make it more pleasant.

Later.

Whoops, forgot about the pitting aspect!

I will start another one most likely in January, another go at this.

I'm up for it, if only anyone is taking this seriously. Two people in a race series is a bit of a joke. At least four people in a decent series I think.

I can try, have been taking some time off, just tried to get back into it and forgot where I left off. I think was trying to win hardtuned with the cerbera all poles, all races without being passed. Couldn't do it when I was "skilled", so I just raced an FF series with a level 1 upgraded integra-definitely rusty. Anyway, looking to get back in, I'm up for whatever...

I don't think you can, it's only in GT2 that you can save replays in-game. I might be wrong though, since I never saved any replays myself. For most cases a picture of your records screen after you set the time is enough.

Welcome, by the way, hope you stick around :).

I think only in GT2 can you do fastest lap replays. You can also fast-forward and reverse laps (during replays) by hitting and L and R button, which is really helpful.

Last edited:
You can also fast-forward and reverse laps (during replays) by hitting and L and R button, which is really helpful.

You mean the L & R d-pad buttons? I gotta try that...

EDIT: Tried it just now, and it doesn't work :confused:. I tried pressing L1,R1,L2,R2 and the directional buttons, and nothing happens. Maybe you're thinking of GT3/4 Parnelli?

Last edited:

EDIT: Tried it just now, and it doesn't work :confused:. I tried pressing L1,R1,L2,R2 and the directional buttons, and nothing happens. Maybe you're thinking of GT3/4 Parnelli?

He's not; it only works in GT2's Time Trial mode. I believe it's the L1/R1 buttons that rewind/fast forward.

Yeah, sorry I should have been more specific. This only works for the Arcade disc of GT2, during Time Trial mode (treed by Mr. ty0123). I think you push R1 to skip to the next lap, and L1 to rewind to the previous lap. Or maybe it's L2 and R2, I forget...

Last edited:
Back