Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary Special Time Trial

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 279 comments
Fortunately I got gold after about 4 tries. Drove off on the first 3. With AAOABS1 (or AAOA1; think we should introduce this as an acronym for All Aids off except ABS, which is at 1) this car was sometimes a handful.

Could pretty much forget about breaking into a turn, or else the back would slide out. I also felt the "snap oversteer" that so many talk about.

I think my driving was much poorer than when I got the GTR-07 trophy.

Anyway, I made it with the slightest margin: 09.14.720, which placed me firmly in 30100th place or something, hee hee. :lol:

My final time - my first clean full lap - was 9:11.xxx. I'm not complaining about getting gold (though I don't see how people were coming in ~30 seconds ahead of me, but I can accept that I'm just piss-poor at the game), though, and I got a silver GT-R. Trying to decide whether to do a 'full' tune, 'bolt-on' tune (like my blue one), or keep it stock and clean.

Best I could manage was 9:19.xxx

That was with a DS and I also had the traction control down to 1 so clean laps are possible with a controller. I probably ran maybe 20 laps tops and I'd say half of them were clean. The car was definitely pretty ugly handling...

Thanks for that Zippy, worth a look. Kept trying to look a bit higher over the wheel though.
The overtaking is scary at times, some confusion as to which side of the road to be on. 'Should be on that side but I'll stay here to make it easier for him.'

Like I said, hairy. I counted at least twice when his braking point was obscured by glare, and one off. Whoever put up that floodlight at Pflanzgarten wasn't being as helpful as he might've hoped, and turn 1 of the GP at night in the rain is a black hole.

After a mediocre gold (9:13.4 - I'm not close to anything fast) on my primary account, I used the ghost to run one of my secondary accounts and could not get a clean lap. Finally last night I backed out and reloaded without the ghost and ran a perfectly acceptable clean lap (9:10) Guess I need to practice more chasing rabbits and lose the tension.

1st full lap I did was 8:58.892. I hate to bring the cheating issue up again, but I noticed that in the currently active 550pp Italian Time Trial that someone managed to sneak a Option Stream Z in and placed 1st the day after the 15th Anniversary TT records were refreshed. People are finding more holes in the time trials lately.

1st full lap I did was 8:58.892. I hate to bring the cheating issue up again, but I noticed that in the currently active 550pp Italian Time Trial that someone managed to sneak a Option Stream Z in and placed 1st the day after the 15th Anniversary TT records were refreshed. People are finding more holes in the time trials lately.

It's actually a glitch where you enter with a car and you somehow end up in another car. No cheating here. It's even happened to me before.

Back