Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary Special Time Trial

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 279 comments
Wow its taken me 4 hours to just barely get the Gold just at 9.11 or so I dont know how you guys do under 8.40 :dunce:

:lol: Most will do lots of hours each day, but some are just plain good at gaming :eek:. I spent 4 hours yesterday throwing away 37's. :lol: Wont be logging into that account for play today, so no more chances at it.

Congrats :cheers:

:lol: Most will do lots of hours each day, but some are just plain good at gaming :eek:. I spent 4 hours yesterday throwing away 37's. :lol: Wont be logging into that account for play today, so no more chances at it.

Congrats :cheers:

Mate you got some seriously quick times, :bowdown:, especially considering that car on that track, wasn't my cup of tea at all :yuck:

Can't even set a clean lap never mind beating gold on this.

Meh, the car handles like a pig anyway.

Edit: lol, first try after posting this I go and beat the time. Typical.

And now I can't connect to the server. I am not leaving this race screen until I connect, dammit.

Last edited:
Got gold, but it was a struggle. Booked a 9:32 early, suffered a couple failed attempts, then got a 9:15.262. Thought, ok, one more try should do it, only for it to take about 25. I could pick up big chunks of time on my ghost -- 5-6-7 seconds -- but would invariably bin it. Most annoying/unfair failure was the red lap that resulted when I dropped two wheels off the pavement to the left leaving Pflanzgarten. Finally settled for a 9:13ish result, getting a lead on ghost on the GP and then just stroking it once I rounded the carousel. Like others, found the handling strange. Understeer initially, then it'd bite without ever feeling like the back would come around. Felt almost like SRF but of course that was locked off.

It took me three laps to get gold (9:02) and I was a couple of seconds up on the fourth when I fluffed it and went off. The handling is pretty treacherous but if you keep off the kerbs, brake in a straight line, coast into the corners and get the power on early it's not too bad. Trail braking was a big no-no due to the horrible snap oversteer. This is not really my idea of fun so I'm going to take the prize, settle for a place around 10000 and do something more enjoyable. Looking on the bright side, when they remove the cheaters I'll move up 40 places.

Managed to get an 8'54.6??, a time set on a generally piss-poor lap. Very scruffy and at times hesitant. But that doesn't matter, as all the times will be deleted soon anyway in order to get rid of the cheating scum at the top of the leader board.

Got gold at the second try but...just by two seconds, i was going "slow" to be sure to have at least one lap for the ghost.
On the first try i was pushing a lot and i've lost the car after the straight, thankfully nobody heard all those obscenity :lol:
With a car tuned by me i can push as much as i want on the nurb, but i don't like the handling of that gtr at all.

What does this GTR look like?

And is it just me or is this seasonal biased towards the Wheelers? I can't set a clean lap with Pad...

What does this GTR look like?

And is it just me or is this seasonal biased towards the Wheelers? I can't set a clean lap with Pad...

The N24 is the car featured in DLC as well as in the GT5:Academy Edition. Rest assured the Nürburgring is a 🤬 for everyone, wheels or not.

Like others, found the handling strange. Understeer initially, then it'd bite without ever feeling like the back would come around. Felt almost like SRF but of course that was locked off.

Having driven a couple of other AWD cars around the 'Ring, I thought the handling was fairly typical of default-tuned AWD. Tendency toward understeer, balky about turning in, impossible to overpower the back wheels to get oversteer coming out of a corner. After a few laps, I got a grudging appreciation for the ability to use throttle to catch oversteer, but I always felt like I was fighting the car. I don't necessarily need a bunch of oversteer out of corners, but I have a hard time dealing with the understeer/balky turn-in at corner entry (I had similar problems with the C7 time trial).

Got a second faster tonight. Not sure how that happened..

Final time 8:28.641 not bad.. I was close to no 1 but I did a small mistake and lost a few tenths.

Fired up GT5 for a couple of relaxed laps (not likely in this event) near the end of the 24-hours... and my wheel decided to die on me without warning. Starts calibrating, then keeps on going when trying to return to center and never finishes the process.

So I had to break out the DS3 just to get the money. Tried a couple laps without ABS then decided it wasn't worth the effort. Still took a couple laps with ABS before I could convince myself to stop trying to go fast while steering with the joystick, and then finally managed a legal lap and gold by a couple of seconds.

I could easily improve as the lap was a mess, and I'm sure I could manage it without ABS after a little practice, but I just don't see the point. It's not as if the car as provided is any fun to drive or that it's going to teach me much of value driving it with unbalanced megagrip tires and an asinine brake balance. It's rather annoying though since I'm sure I could have easily been far under 9 minutes without hardly trying using the wheel.

Oh, well... time to contact Fanatec... again. At least the race was entertaining.

This seasonal is pissing me off!!!

I HATE this damm CAR man!!!!

Anyone know what time it finishes?

And whats with the 0:00.033 time! FFS

Having driven a couple of other AWD cars around the 'Ring, I thought the handling was fairly typical of default-tuned AWD. Tendency toward understeer, balky about turning in, impossible to overpower the back wheels to get oversteer coming out of a corner. After a few laps, I got a grudging appreciation for the ability to use throttle to catch oversteer, but I always felt like I was fighting the car. I don't necessarily need a bunch of oversteer out of corners, but I have a hard time dealing with the understeer/balky turn-in at corner entry (I had similar problems with the C7 time trial).

I found the handling odd even for an AWD, even given the mixed tire setup. Never experienced the snap oversteer some are talking about (suspect that's more the car going 'round after hitting curb/grass) but found it would plow until the speed dropped to whatever seemed appropriate for the specific corner. You can't adjust mid-corner with throttle, nor is it really a point-and-shoot car. Very definitely one you have to two-foot through and sometimes even let coast through the turns.

Edit: By the way, this video was posted to another part of the site. It's mind-blowing stuff from this year's 'ring 24. Nordschleife only pictured, very little of the GP. Striking how much the guy is off-throttle and also about how hairy it gets between the carousels. Prepare for opposite lock.

Last edited:
I wonder will they keep the event offline, (ie no longer get times recorded) after the quickly approaching deadline, like the other seasonals for a week or two to let me finish golding my alt accounts, or will they ripp it off completely :scared:

I wonder will they keep the event offline, (ie no longer get times recorded) after the quickly approaching deadline, like the other seasonals for a week or two to let me finish golding my alt accounts, or will they ripp it off completely :scared:

What colors are you in need of? I got 4 blues in Green :mad:. 1 black but borrowed.

I only got the meteor black and the ultimate silver, off the top of my head, without checking the actual correct names :) 👍

But hopefully they keep it going offline for at least another week, and I'll be right, its also more of an acheivement thing :) 👍

I can send you the silver one, golded the event in Shazbu :) 👍

I only got the meteor black and the ultimate silver, off the top of my head, without checking the actual correct names :) 👍

But hopefully they keep it going offline for at least another week, and I'll be right, its also more of an acheivement thing :) 👍

I can send you the silver one, golded the event in Shazbu :) 👍

All good bud. Not doing the Greens any more :). Will bring up your thread at the Market Place. Can send now.

All good bud. Not doing the Greens any more :). Will bring up your thread at the Market Place. Can send now.

Undecided may just put the greens in with the unmentionable app. But would like to either trade or ideally earn these, but its getting harder with time constraints, wish they made it a bit more fun

Undecided may just put the greens in with the unmentionable app. But would like to either trade or ideally earn these, but its getting harder with time constraints, wish they made it a bit more fun

Cool 👍 if you need the green ticket, just let me know :)

Have they completely taken away the Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary Special Time Trial, or is it still available without new online results?

Have they completely taken away the Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary Special Time Trial, or is it still available without new online results?

In past you could still gain credits and not sure on rewards after the event was finished. Still the first thing you see when you go into Seasonal, but CLOSED.

Have not tried to do one after event closed in a while, but should still get both rewards. Least no one has posted it was not possible. Just no ranking now.

In past you could still gain credits and not sure on rewards after the event was finished. Still the first thing you see when you go into Seasonal, but CLOSED.

Have not tried to do one after event closed in a while, but should still get both rewards. Least no one has posted it was not possible. Just no ranking now.

Sounds good, thank heaps, I hope to get a few more greenies, once I gold all my alt accounts, and nice work on the OCD update, a bit of a misarable OCD, but thanks for updating it so quickly :) 👍

Sounds good, thank heaps, I hope to get a few more greenies, once I gold all my alt accounts, and nice work on the OCD update, a bit of a misarable OCD, but thanks for updating it so quickly :) 👍

Gran-Kustom ;) our Green Ticket Dealer in GTP :) OCD is blah again.

Gran-Kustom ;) our Green Ticket Dealer in GTP :) OCD is blah again.

It's really a blessing as I dont have enough time to complete a massive OCD just now, so a blessing in disguise I suppose, hope to do heaps of other GT5 things over the next two weeks :) 👍

It's really a blessing as I dont have enough time to complete a massive OCD just now, so a blessing in disguise I suppose, hope to do heaps of other GT5 things over the next two weeks :) 👍

Hoping they give us supplied cars again...not all the cheat is purged yet to do tuned TT :(. If you need me to send any 👍

Swe
Got a second faster tonight. Not sure how that happened..

Final time 8:28.641 not bad.. I was close to no 1 but I did a small mistake and lost a few tenths.

That's mental, you're insanely fast. I haven't been playing for a few months, but I'm normally within the top 256 but the first 50 or so times are way faster than I can comprehend. I was only able to put together a 8:42.xxx with a handful of minor mistakes.

I found the handling odd even for an AWD, even given the mixed tire setup. Never experienced the snap oversteer some are talking about (suspect that's more the car going 'round after hitting curb/grass) but found it would plow until the speed dropped to whatever seemed appropriate for the specific corner. You can't adjust mid-corner with throttle, nor is it really a point-and-shoot car. Very definitely one you have to two-foot through and sometimes even let coast through the turns.

Edit: By the way, this video was posted to another part of the site. It's mind-blowing stuff from this year's 'ring 24. Nordschleife only pictured, very little of the GP. Striking how much the guy is off-throttle and also about how hairy it gets between the carousels. Prepare for opposite lock.

Thanks for that Zippy, worth a look. Kept trying to look a bit higher over the wheel though.
The overtaking is scary at times, some confusion as to which side of the road to be on. 'Should be on that side but I'll stay here to make it easier for him.'

Would have been nice to get another session at this as I think I might have been able to shave off another second or two. Still, nice to stay in the top 200 (just :scared:).

Back