Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary Special Time Trial

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 279 comments
Hi, I´m Ronny!
I´m getting too curious about this to stay anonymous on this site!
An hour ago, i experienced this: I started up the challenge and when i got to the starting line, the timer showed -8.XX.XXX (in red), immediately shifting into timing the lap -in red!!!
Doesn´t this suggest a glitch of some kind?
Furthermore: How are y´all doing on Nordschleife -generally? -I can´t make a "decent" ranking. I´m at 8.55.322, placing me 3859 -and i don´t see tons of improvement. Normally i´m easily within top 1000 (even 500), but that´s not gonna´ happen here. The last TT on this track, i sucked too: Couldn´t make top 3000. Even taking into consideration that the length of the track can accumulate quite some time -and that I -being a DS3-driver- am probably struggling more with consistancy than Wheelers, on a TT with this many critical manouvres, I do find this odd. Someone suggested there were people in the rankings, who normally doesn´t surface; I´ve spotted a few too. But like the other guy, I don´t wanna make accusations either -that´s why i ask you, How are YOU doing on this track? Does it smell fishy to you?

I have always been intimidated with seasonal time trials, thinking that I'm not good enough to race against the pros, but when there is a rare prize car I am seduced to compete hard, at my first attempt in 15 anniversary ,I thought this is mission impossible,with understaring car, but I was so surprised how nissan car is so easy to drive with 0 traction and 1 Abs,stability off, I did improve my time from 9.30 to a golden 9:09,816 in Sadioki account and 9.09,628 in Takaya15 account but lost the academy prize because my delivery garage is full with blue tickets, then improved my time to 9.06,528 in Sadioki7 account using hand controller,I consider my self a rookie,this event is not that difficult if you are familiar with Nurburgring , there is no reason or excuse to cheat,Thanks PD for this event, I had fun and exciting time. Please keep these kind of event coming, and don't close this TT, give the chance to honest players to earn their prize, and ban those cheaters later or now.

Last edited:
Do you have to complete a clean lap before you get a ghost car? I tried and couldn't. This car is weird. I'm barreling down the last straight at like 175 mph and rather than put on the brakes and go spinning like a top I just take my foot off the gas and it gets all jittery. I downshift (even before the turn) and try to just touch the brakes and there it goes, spinning fast enough to generate my own gravity.

Thanks!

Yes mate, you have to do a complete lap to get a ghost. And I know what you mean about taking your foot off on a straight at high speed and it's all over red rover.

But I seem to have learned how to manage that and expect it's down to a more gentle easing off, or in my case with the buttons, a tap tap easing off.

It is doable though and I'm sure you'll get past that problem.
You could start by going reverse on the track which will soon take you to the long straight for some high speed practice runs, before doing nearly all the race and blowing it 1/2 a mile short of the finish.

I also thought this event was impossible, after 2 spins on the last bend, I just let go of my driving.. I just eased up and used the stick instead of the paddles and boommm got the GTR at 9.08s. got that prize in less than 30 min and never saw my ghost...

I also thought this event was impossible, after 2 spins on the last bend, I just let go of my driving.. I just eased up and used the stick instead of the paddles and boommm got the GTR at 9.08s. got that prize in less than 30 min and never saw my ghost...

Way to go MarcusQ.

One of the beauties of having a ghost is just knowing that you can do it.

And I'm sure that bit of psychological help spurs us on and stops many from just giving up trying to get gold here.

Way to go MarcusQ.

One of the beauties of having a ghost is just knowing that you can do it.

And I'm sure that bit of psychological help spurs us on and stops many from just giving up trying to get gold here.

I was planning on using that ghost but since I got it below 9.15 in my first clean run.. i was so happy i never wanted to try it out again.. i even rushed on exiting the event to claim the ticket that I forgot to save the replay..

I was planning on using that ghost but since I got it below 9.15 in my first clean run.. i was so happy i never wanted to try it out again.. i even rushed on exiting the event to claim the ticket that I forgot to save the replay..

Oh well, you achieved what you came here for, well done.

Hi, I´m Ronny!
I´m getting too curious about this to stay anonymous on this site!
An hour ago, i experienced this: I started up the challenge and when i got to the starting line, the timer showed -8.XX.XXX (in red), immediately shifting into timing the lap -in red!!!
Doesn´t this suggest a glitch of some kind?
Furthermore: How are y´all doing on Nordschleife -generally? -I can´t make a "decent" ranking. I´m at 8.55.322, placing me 3859 -and i don´t see tons of improvement. Normally i´m easily within top 1000 (even 500), but that´s not gonna´ happen here. The last TT on this track, i sucked too: Couldn´t make top 3000. Even taking into consideration that the length of the track can accumulate quite some time -and that I -being a DS3-driver- am probably struggling more with consistancy than Wheelers, on a TT with this many critical manouvres, I do find this odd. Someone suggested there were people in the rankings, who normally doesn´t surface; I´ve spotted a few too. But like the other guy, I don´t wanna make accusations either -that´s why i ask you, How are YOU doing on this track? Does it smell fishy to you?

Same thing happened to me earlier, not sure what to make of it.

The Leaderboard is back to normal all phony times are gone 👍 :cheers:

I'm still not entirely convinced that some of the times at the sharper end of the chart are legit... I've watched full lap replays for most of the top 10 and the guy who is currently leading with a time of 8:27 is overdriving 1 out of every 7 or so turns and making obvious mistakes, yet the car seems to be moving in fast forward. It's almost as if he has 5% more grip and 50 extra hp. I've done over a thousand virtual laps of the track and I'm only at 8:43 now (currently 500-some odd place), granted I can probably cut another 5 or so seconds from that if I made every corner virtually flawless, but my time at 8:43 has far less errors than the leading car and we're entering corners in identical gears at similar speeds etc - it's just like he doesn't have to slow down mid-corner and then rockets out. Defies logic. Not that it really matters, just mind boggling lol.

Of course the plan is to drive slower than usual so as to get a ghost to chase/overtake. Once you have a ghost (not one of the 1st 10 ones which you'll only see for a brief moment) which is closer to your ability you can find where to speed up and attack the track, even throw caution to the wind occasionally as you improve your times.

And you will improve your times, I can just about guarantee it.

Great Tip! :)

Looking at the live screen now and positions 1-41 are all bogus times. "Real" times don't start until 42nd place with a 8:27.819, set by SIX2SIX-BONELLI.

Oh, and this:

Winners never cheat, cheaters never prosper.

Last edited:
^^^ He got lucky and turned his car across the S/F line at the exact right spot, the cheatin so-and-so.

What get's me is that this is a special occasion TT, not just the regular weekly type. It's a bannable offense I say, moreso because of the occasion. Those top 41 jerks who've cheated their way into the record books should be stricken from same books and then have their accounts locked down on the PSN, or otherwise be blocked from using GT5 online anymore.

I've just been trying to get a good, clean lap. So far, the longest I've survived is 5' something seconds.

I've got a cold and flu so I gave it a go last night, got 9.15.07, first go, I just cant catch a break :(
I don't know whether I'll try again on Nitrous_Ox, will do on alt accounts, if I'm up to it.
Seems like the wrong car to use on this circuit.
Extremely long lap with such a twitchy understeering car that needs to be pampered around corners and kept away from the edges.
I suppose that's the point and the challenge is what makes it rewarding.

I've got a cold and flu so I gave it a go last night, got 9.15.07, first go, I just cant catch a break :(
I don't know whether I'll try again on Nitrous_Ox, will do on alt accounts, if I'm up to it.
Seems like the wrong car to use on this circuit.
Extremely long lap with such a twitchy understeering car that needs to be pampered around corners and kept away from the edges.
I suppose that's the point and the challenge is what makes it rewarding.

Give it a go and hope you feel better! There are a lot of turns that you need to brake early on(brake and gas at same time if possible but come off the brakes easily), avoid most curbs, some slight lift of the gas and just stay on track. You can do it 👍

Give it a go and hope you feel better! There are a lot of turns that you need to brake early on(brake and gas at same time if possible but come off the brakes easily), avoid most curbs, some slight lift of the gas and just stay on track. You can do it 👍

Thanks, I'll be home in 2 & 1/2 hrs, will try to get 4 or 5 golds then :) 👍

Toivo goes fastest again, nice one for the no ABSers. 👍

Also looks like PD are deleting the cheat times more regularly. :D

Wow its taken me 4 hours to just barely get the Gold just at 9.11 or so I dont know how you guys do under 8.40 :dunce:

Back