Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary Special Time Trial

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 279 comments
Tried to adjust the brake bias via the in race menu after setting ABS to 0, the race menu pops up, but grayed out, and unable to change the values. Anyone else run into this?

I have had no problems doing this in the previous TTs where the car was supplied.

Are you kidding me, B/B can't be adjusted?

Tried to adjust the brake bias via the in race menu after setting ABS to 0, the race menu pops up, but grayed out, and unable to change the values. Anyone else run into this?

I have had no problems doing this in the previous TTs where the car was supplied.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm now a whole lot less impatient to squeeze in some time to try this event. I wish they would put important information like that in the news updates, but oh well.

If it has race softs on the rear that should help a little, but driving any GTR with 5/5 brakes and no ABS is not a lot of fun. The Corvette with locked brake pressures from a while back was one thing, but on a GTR... not looking forward to that.

Referring to the event description: Was there really a qualifying session last year with one car on the track at a time running one lap only? I only remember the usual several-hour qualifying sessions having 175+ cars out at once running as many laps as possible/desired and each driver having to complete a minimum number of timed laps after sunset. There was a top-20 session at the very end I believe but I can't recall if that was one-lap-only or not. I'm sure they never drove on anything resembling Race Mediums or Softs or with the crazy brake bias that 5/5 represents, but given GT5's history I guess that's to be expected along with the lack of traffic.

I did 9.18 but I ran of the track couple times. I should be able to gold it if I keep it on the track. For some reason I don't have this car.

I haven't done any TTs for 6 months and I'm a bit rusty, but think the loose handling of the N24 is great fun. Yes, it is frustrating in some corners alhough you get used to that quickly I think. Keeps me busy at the wheel. Got gold on a second clean run. Will try to go under 9min. Nice one.

Last edited:
Morgoth;

"If it has race softs on the rear that should help a little, but driving any GTR with 5/5 brakes and no ABS is not a lot of fun. The Corvette with locked brake pressures from a while back was one thing, but on a GTR... not looking forward to that.

~~

I have ABS on 1, at least for me it is adjustable as usual.

Morgoth;

"If it has race softs on the rear that should help a little, but driving any GTR with 5/5 brakes and no ABS is not a lot of fun. The Corvette with locked brake pressures from a while back was one thing, but on a GTR... not looking forward to that.

~~

I have ABS on 1, at least for me it is adjustable as usual.

Well this (and thinking about it just before Bruins/Rangers intermission) got me to at least load it up and take a quick spin. It seems that you are confused about what was in question however, since I'm pretty sure you're not just flatly lying about it.

You can adjust ABS and TC from the driving options menu before going out onto the track, but you cannot adjust anything once you are on the track, not even ABS and TC. The brake pressures are not adjustable before or during the run. That is the concern, because for those of use who would rather not play GT5 than play GT5 with ABS, driving nearly any car with the pressures at 5/5 is incredibly difficult and with many all-wheel-drive cars including the modern GT-Rs it approaches impossible, at least at race pace. Any braking sections from speeds in excess of 150mph become particularly hairy.

Despite getting sideways under braking half a dozen times and losing tons of speed hitting the wall climbing through Klostertal and feeling very sluggish in quite a few spots I was still able to clear the gold time by 6 or 7 seconds, so clearing the challenge obviously isn't too difficult. My lap was red from my 3 or 4 offs so I'll wait until another day to set a time. I was planning to abandon the run anyway since my login bonus is at minimum and I actually need money for once. I'll probably wait until after the race to do it. Maybe do it right after the race, while delirious from lack of sleep and excessive consumption... that should be fun. :)

I was a bit surprised at how slowly I seemed to need to take the corners. I was running at speeds barely above what I'd expect from sports hards or mediums in most cars despite having goofygrip tires on this car. But there were a few corners I took at a much higher speed, so I'll probably just chalk the others up to the way the GT-R seems to not like to go into the corners too hot but can take them at a phenomenal pace when settled down.

Ahh Morgoth, I see, you are referring to changes which can be made alternative to the Options menu.

I don't/can't access that option, too much trouble for me, so use what is available before the race. Forgot about the 'other'.

The GT-R car seems a lot easier to handle with traction control 0. Is that the general consensus here?

Thanks guys I'll try re-doing the event and see how it goes.

I had no other tickets in my truck at the time either but yeah see what happens.

Anyone got a time for the checkpoint as you come to the last straight? I cant even finish one lap lol, i just wanna know what i should b at about timewise :)

I got gold in a 8.53.xxx after 2 laps going into the grass and it's a tricky car with the breaking over steer, what i did try to break in a straicht line thats my opinion.! The GT r you win, i didn't found that car as special as they said unfortanly!

Doing this after running the 4-hr enduro with the JGT MR-S is not a fun experience. The MR-S is a nimble car that really likes to go around corners. By comparison, this car is an understeering pig. I suspect most of it is the tune, AWD cars seem to be particularly painful to drive unless you spend some effort getting them to turn.

I thought the GTR was pretty OK to drive... you have to get most of your braking done in a straight line, and the medium front/soft rear tyre combo gives a bit of understeer in the faster corners, but as long as you don't try braking late or jumping on the gas too soon mid corner, it's quite nice.

Ran 3 laps last night for a 8.38.

Well, it's not your birthday.

No, but it is mine..... :D And I do agree with Dennis (roomboter), that this one is certainly not easy. What I do like about it is that it is all in this weekends atmosphere, feels like you are actually little part of the Green Hell's race around the clock 👍

I've been running this seasonal a few times tonight, and I, like many was caught out big time by the brake balance and the inability to set it from the heads up menu. So I did a few laps - very gingerly - and stuffing up most of them, but I could see a potential time in the 8:40s. After a bit of a break and a think over it, I decided to go with no ABS, as the rears lock up so easily with ABS set at 1, then I may as well go full "no aids" and get to see what's what.
I did try ABS at 3, which helped the recalcitrant rear end but it just felt slow.
So, anyway, after 4 laps I have begun to knock time off, and it's not feeling so bad to be honest.
My first eligible lap was a 8:51, and each lap I'm making about 1 second on my previous time, now sitting on 8:47.xxx. Maybe if I put a lot more time in I could go sub 8:40, but that is a bit of a stretch under the circumstances.
I'm finding it to be great practice for 'no ABS' driving though. Previously I have only dabbled occasionally with ABS off, then quickly retreated to the safety of the anti-lock!
If you're using a wheel and using ABS on this seasonal, give it a chance with it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit late posting this video on the thread, was gunna do it when I made the video, but totally forgot. Might be useful to some people :)

Bit late posting this video on the thread, was gunna do it when I made the video, but totally forgot. Might be useful to some people :)

Thanks for the video, great to listen to and brilliant time in the seasonal!

This is real fun trial. I really wish it would be available for longer than just 1 week.

I'm finding it to be great practice for 'no ABS' driving though. Previously I have only dabbled occasionally with ABS off, then quickly retreated to the safety of the anti-lock!
If you're using a wheel and using ABS on this seasonal, give it a chance with it off.
Sounds like a good idea.
Are you using the active steering? Any suggestions regarding that?

It is possible tune the car? Well, for me (casual driver) it impossível do 8:29 i try 3 times and my best is 9:28 and i thinking that i only reduções the time 10 ot 15 seconds abobe.In the last straigth the max speed is 283

It is possible tune the car? Well, for me (casual driver) it impossível do 8:29 i try 3 times and my best is 9:28 and i thinking that i only reduções the time 10 ot 15 seconds abobe.In the last straigth the max speed is 283

Very few will go 8:30. The gold time is 9:15 so if you can shave off 15 seconds you're good.

this is a great TT and the first I plan on putting some time to.
Im fairly new to GT5 (5 months and 9000 miles) so I have been putting my time into A spec and getting to level 40,with that done now, I can put more time into the TT's.
so far I have got a 9:02 but i know i can improve a lot.I would like to finish my first serious TT in the top 3000 at least,maybe thats not so great for some of you guys but for me it will be a goal a achieved.for those still trying for gold,goodluck and dont give up,you will do it,and hopefully,like me have a lot of fun doing it.

This is the most time I've ever spent on this track so I have a couple questions (particularl about this event). What does it mean when my timer goes red after I lose control and all 4 tires go off the track, and what does it mean when I bang into a wall (other than I need more practice!) that the next lap is invalidated?

Thanks!

Back