• Gran Turismo 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gran Turismo 6

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Forza Motorsport 6

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sadly I had to part ways with the case (and all my cases for that matter) when I moved a long time ago. I kept all the booklets though =P

The picture is missing the 2nd booklet that came in that case btw.

is this the bonus disc are you talking @submaniac93?

$_35.jpg

(not my photo)

And looking at your lap it's still far from the best, 1:20.0 or even below expected ^^

Not trying yet, but why bother when you got an OP car. :P

It's not an OP car... >.> It's just that Turbo FTW. :P I tried the 22B too, but it's slower because it lacks torque :C Sadness.

This is going to be a fun round! Now, since I want to stick with traditional touring regulations as much as possible, I eliminated all 3-door cars but one, all 4WD cars and all cars that have performance-oriented specs right from start. Consequently, that leaves me decent number of cars to choose from:

Alfa Romeo 155 2.0 TS 16V (R) '98
BMW 320Ci (R) '98
Dodge Neon R/T (R) '98
Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.5i 24V (R) '98
Mazda 323F (R) '93
Vauxhall/Opel Vectra GSi 2.5 V6
Peugoet 406 Sedan (R)
Lexus IS (R)
Renault Laguna V6 (R)
Toyota Corona Exiv 200GT (R) '96

I will proclaim my choice soon.

Important thing to point out is that cars with high stock power will have advantage on this round as they have wider tires and better chassis than some cars that start with circa 200 hp, so it is naturally that they will support power upgrades more efficiently. Weight of the underpowered FF cars though, could play important role here and annul everything I have now stated.

I also have one question (the answer may be posted above but I don't want to scroll the entire thread to keep myself away from looking at submitted times) - In case I choose either Series-3 BMW or Lexus IS, am I allowed to use any of the versions that appear under these two models?

In case I choose either Series-3 BMW or Lexus IS, am I allowed to use any of the versions that appear under these two models?
Yes, all models of the listed cars that support race mods (while still looking like touring cars) and are under 320HP stock are permitted to be used.

Im playing on Console(s) too.
I tried GT1 japanese edtion on a PSX with CRT TV and god, its like seeing velvet fps side.
Also the special gold GT2 edition is for sale at 30 pounds, but i dont think it has that value.

...are under 320HP stock are permitted to be used.
So we can tune the cars to the max? I Thought that 320HP is cap

Last edited:
Im playing on Console(s) too.
I tried GT1 japanese edtion on a PSX with CRT TV and god, its like seeing velvet fps side.
Also the special gold GT2 edition is for sale at 30 pounds, but i dont think it has that value.

So we can tune the cars to the max? I Thought that 320HP is cap
No, 320HP is max, tuned or not.

Welp, I was able to do 1:21.4 before a few times as well but after trying for a while I gave up and decided to rest. So here it is, another 1:21.4 though recorded this time. I could still do like 1:21.0 perhaps with a clean lap, looking at those splits I know I've gotten better ones before.

It's quite obvious also I can't beat submaniac especially knowing he wasn't giving everything he had in that lap...and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to reach that time either. :P I just wanna reach the max of Accord and stop there.

For my defense, I did try for over an hour. It's only when I tweaked a lot of the suspension that I was somehow able to do 3 best laps in a row. However, I admit the Subaru has the advantage over pretty much anything. It's all about torque in this event, and it has plenty.

@TumeK5 'course not. I'm not denying any car, but since I had the occasion, I wanted to drive the car that served as the basis for my name :3
It's very unfrtunate that most if not all of the FF, N/A cars have such low torque in GT2. I even tried turbo FF cars, but most of them weren't very fast in the straight.

[R]Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero
1:20.635 @ 151,40 mph

317 hp/6500 rpm
35.2 kgm/6500 rpm
Horsepower mods:
Port&Polish, Engine balance, Stage1 turbo, Semi-racing exhaust

Oh come on! Now I'm against TWO flying finnish? I feel so aloooone T.T

'Kiddin :P

Welp GG, guess i'll be lapping for a bit, now hehe.

@TumeK5 this is proof that Turbo > N/A at low powers in GT2. Even though that's not always true irl.

EDIT: Tried for about 2 hours. Got the following time within the 1st hour... the rest was spent trying to beat it xD Now i'm the one that's beat, so here's it. Gonna have to try a little harder @Batiittos :P

1.20.596 @ 231.37 kmh / 143.77 mph

Last edited:
Time uploaded. I used Vectra GSi. Out of all the cars I listed in my last post, only Lexus IS and Series-3 BMW had better power distribution. However, I didn't feel like driving a RWD car, so I took the Vectra.

@Matej Not a bad choice. The BMWs and the Vectra have an unusually RWD-style handling for some reason. Super oversteering..

@TumeK5 What do you mean ignored? Your time is up though. 1.21.411..

Not a bad choice. The BMWs and the Vectra have an unusually RWD-style handling for some reason. Super oversteering..
The only trouble I really had was related to the chassis - bounciness. I reduced damper values to fix that problem, but for some reason slamming the ride height down fully did the job more effectively. :P

The Vectra's V6 engine is really something special. Usually all these V6 models have spiky peak power distribution when tuned hard, but the Vectra remained fairly smooth in operation.

Since theres at least 3 superfast driver, there is no point in trying more than this, cause it would need an excessive amount of time:
1:23.425
233.92 km/h
In the end i used my favorite Toyota Altezza 280T (319hp / 1144kg)

117.400 Toyota GT-ONE Road Car  Screenshot 2016-03-10 17-27-49.png

I tested a couple cars:

After installing all ugrades (except TCS and ASMCC - whatever it is)

1:24.625 [R]Mazda RX-7 GT-Turbo '83 319hp / 909kg (final gear 3.339)
1:25.238 [R]Nissan Datsun 240Z 240ZG '71 319hp / 901kg (final gear 3.195)
1:26.696 [R]Subaru Impreza Wagon GT '94 319hp / 1093kg (final gear 3.792)
1:27.452 [R]Fiat Coupe 2.0 20V Turbo 318hp / 1118kg
1:27.511 Mazda MX-5 C Spec Touring Kit 319hp / 929kg (final gear 4.066)
1:27.601 [R]Toyota Corona Exiv 200GT 302hp / 1070kg
1:27.846 [R]Peugeot 206 S16 318hp / 963kg (final gear 3.021 , was topping out)
1:27.976 [R]Citroen Saxo F2 Kit car 264hp / 834kg (final gear 3.808)

Back