Gran Turismo 3 10 year anniversary !

• Thread starter bullet360
  • 30 comments
Ah... the memories.

Also, I'd never have thought that 10 years later we would still be using the exact same ~3000 polygon car models in GT5!

WAKIN' UP AT TWELVE IN MAH CLOTHES AGAIN
FEEL MAH HEAD EXPLODE, FROM A NIGHT OF GIIIIIIIIN
ANOTHER NIGHT OUT LATE...

I would've never discovered Feeder, if it weren't for GT3.

Midnight Snacks
Still an epic game.

Indeed. 👍

Played some GT3 last night in fact. I really had fun. The driving in this game may not be realistic as GT5 but it's still very enjoyable with my DFGT. :)

This is the only game in GT which has several F1 cars instead of the Formula GT or the Ferrari F1 cars in GT5. Ah, the F686 was still one the best car to drive in GT3. Oh, and not to mention using the Gameshark and this made GT3 a bliss to play!!! :D

O_o what, 10 years?

Heck, it looks like it was freaking yesterday. It’s the only GT game that I completed. When GT4 came out my PS2 exploded. Ok it didn’t explode but it broke, and I never got it fixed… so the last GT I really played was GT3, and got damn some good memories off that game.

I still remember beating whatever event it was that gave you the GT40 road car multiple times to have it in all it’s available colors. I loved that thing with the wire wheels. I also loved beating the annoying Japanese LeMans cars with the GT40 race car.

Good times. +1 on the front page recap.

10 or so years ago is when I started getting into racing online. GTTimes :) I used to be pretty competitive in GT3. Man alive I still don't think I've done any one thing in any video game as much as I spent in the F/094S @ Midfield :bowdown:

I remember golding the Toyota GT-One License Test too I couldn't believe I did it. Truly great game, congrats PD!

Jerome

The only GT game I've completed to 100%. I remember when I was able to finally beat that dreaded Time Trial with the RUF at the Complex String... I was 14 but I jumped around the house screaming in joy. :D

Awesome game.

I love this game except for when my copy freezes when trying to do an arcade race.

I believe its my favourite because of all the great memories i have with the thing... Thing is though... You needed to play it during its time when it first came out to fully enjoy its full potential of being one of the best games ever created... If you werent there.... You won't fully understand... Just the perfect mix of relaxation and satisfaction while playing that game... I also love how they brought out the "judast priest - turbo lover vs motley crew's kickstart my heart" competition.... Kaz really outdid himself in this game and hopefully... If he hasnt already, realize it sooner rather than later...

Kingofweasles
My only regret in regards to GT3 is that I never could get a hold of a Gameshark to use that car...

Also, I don't think I ever completed GT3 at 100%. :indiff::nervous::guilty:

Yes, me too.....im gonna go have a go, hopefully i still have my save.

Dusted off my copy of GT3 earlier this week, and I couldn't believe how much faster the loading times were than GT5's! Played a few events, and it didn't take long for me to realise why I found the older games in the series just so much more enjoyable.

I picked up a PS2 and GT3 from a pawn shop when i was in college. I want to say this about about fall 2003. Loved it. I played it a ton but didn't get very far cause I always seem to quit the GT games whenever I get to the super fast races or endurance races. I got like 90% complete in GT4 and have been at 96% complete in GT5 for 3-4 months now.
But still, GT3 was my first PS2 game and the first GT game I owned. Had to go to a friends house to play GT and GT2. Sadly, game was sold when I got rid of my PS2. I bet I could find it for a few bucks at Game Stop. May have to pop it in and play it a bit this weekend.
Does anyone know if works in the PS3? I have the original 20GB version with the PS2 chip.

Latest Posts

Back