Gran Turismo 3 10 year anniversary !

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 3' started by bullet360, Jul 10, 2011.

1. bullet360

bullet360

Congrats PD !

2. odge35

odge35

Wow :O it's been out 10 years :O

3. JacoJa

JacoJa Premium

Ah... the memories.

Also, I'd never have thought that 10 years later we would still be using the exact same ~3000 polygon car models in GT5!

4. bullet360

bullet360

To the day, july 10th :D

5. fabmaru

fabmaru

Congrats to this great game. I still play it a lot.

6. Midnight Snacks

Midnight Snacks

Still an epic game.

7. xiSealHDz

xiSealHDz

ahh,those memories..still hell of a great game!

8. gtsmashbros

gtsmashbros (Banned)

Ahh... good times, good times. (Escudo+rubber bands+Super Speedway 150)

9. Flynn77

Flynn77

All hail the mighty Lamborghini Diablo! :D

10. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Actually the standard models are from GT4.

11. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

My only regret in regards to GT3 is that I never could get a hold of a Gameshark to use that car...

Also, I don't think I ever completed GT3 at 100%. :indiff::nervous::guilty:

12. gtsmashbros

gtsmashbros (Banned)

We need a front page post about this!

13. bass264

bass264

This:tup:

14. Midnight Snacks

Midnight Snacks

WAKIN' UP AT TWELVE IN MAH CLOTHES AGAIN
    FEEL MAH HEAD EXPLODE, FROM A NIGHT OF GIIIIIIIIN
    ANOTHER NIGHT OUT LATE...

I would've never discovered Feeder, if it weren't for GT3.

15. Inferno251

Inferno251

^ I would've never discovered and loved Gran Turismo if it weren't for GT3/GT Concept (mind you I had just got my PS2 for my 7th birthday, if I recall correctly)

+10 ;)

16. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

Indeed. :tup:

Played some GT3 last night in fact. I really had fun. The driving in this game may not be realistic as GT5 but it's still very enjoyable with my DFGT. :)

17. Muzaffar

Muzaffar Premium

This is the only game in GT which has several F1 cars instead of the Formula GT or the Ferrari F1 cars in GT5. Ah, the F686 was still one the best car to drive in GT3. Oh, and not to mention using the Gameshark and this made GT3 a bliss to play!!! :D

18. Cano

Cano Premium

O_o what, 10 years?

Heck, it looks like it was freaking yesterday. It’s the only GT game that I completed. When GT4 came out my PS2 exploded. Ok it didn’t explode but it broke, and I never got it fixed… so the last GT I really played was GT3, and got damn some good memories off that game.

I still remember beating whatever event it was that gave you the GT40 road car multiple times to have it in all it’s available colors. I loved that thing with the wire wheels. I also loved beating the annoying Japanese LeMans cars with the GT40 race car.

Good times. +1 on the front page recap.

19. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

10 or so years ago is when I started getting into racing online. GTTimes :) I used to be pretty competitive in GT3. Man alive I still don't think I've done any one thing in any video game as much as I spent in the F/094S @ Midfield :bowdown:

I remember golding the Toyota GT-One License Test too I couldn't believe I did it. Truly great game, congrats PD!

Jerome

20. Coxis

Coxis

The only GT game I've completed to 100%. I remember when I was able to finally beat that dreaded Time Trial with the RUF at the Complex String... I was 14 but I jumped around the house screaming in joy. :D

Awesome game.

21. SamBF1991

SamBF1991

Best GT game EVER!!!

22. GT_Prologue5

GT_Prologue5

I played mine the other day, fantastic game. I wish mine didn't skip when loading some of the races.

23. Korza

Korza Premium

I love this game except for when my copy freezes when trying to do an arcade race.

24. Rob192005

Rob192005 Premium

I have to agree,for sheer game play GT3 is the best one.I miss my 1034hp R34.:(

25. bullet360

bullet360

I believe its my favourite because of all the great memories i have with the thing... Thing is though... You needed to play it during its time when it first came out to fully enjoy its full potential of being one of the best games ever created... If you werent there.... You won't fully understand... Just the perfect mix of relaxation and satisfaction while playing that game... I also love how they brought out the "judast priest - turbo lover vs motley crew's kickstart my heart" competition.... Kaz really outdid himself in this game and hopefully... If he hasnt already, realize it sooner rather than later...

26. PAWEL17

PAWEL17 Premium

Yes, me too.....im gonna go have a go, hopefully i still have my save.

27. Nicko

Nicko Premium

Dusted off my copy of GT3 earlier this week, and I couldn't believe how much faster the loading times were than GT5's! Played a few events, and it didn't take long for me to realise why I found the older games in the series just so much more enjoyable.

28. Petrolhead1

Petrolhead1

10 years on and I'm still playing it!!!

29. BryCivicSi

BryCivicSi

I picked up a PS2 and GT3 from a pawn shop when i was in college. I want to say this about about fall 2003. Loved it. I played it a ton but didn't get very far cause I always seem to quit the GT games whenever I get to the super fast races or endurance races. I got like 90% complete in GT4 and have been at 96% complete in GT5 for 3-4 months now.
    But still, GT3 was my first PS2 game and the first GT game I owned. Had to go to a friends house to play GT and GT2. Sadly, game was sold when I got rid of my PS2. I bet I could find it for a few bucks at Game Stop. May have to pop it in and play it a bit this weekend.
    Does anyone know if works in the PS3? I have the original 20GB version with the PS2 chip.

30. optiongamers

optiongamers

The good old days of GT3 were you would do endurances and listen to good music.