Gran Turismo 3 & 4 All Cars/Colours + Game Starts Save Game(s) Pack

Should I Still Release Save Games Of All Used Cars Restored To New?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • This option has been mothballed and won't come out in the final save pack.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, what I'm doing is, creating save games with every single winnable and used car bought/won in all their colours, this is going to be a massive task, I have already done this for Gran Turismo 3 but this will take much longer.

I have already completed the following.

- Beginner (Completed)
- Professional (Completed
- Extreme (Completed)
- Endurance (Completed)
- Japanese Hall (Completed)
- European Hall (In Progress)

I also plan on having saves where all of the used cars have been bought and miles reset to 0.0 and oil and rigidity restored, plus I'm toying with the idea to buy all used cars and not restoring them on separate saves though, I'm really not sure because why, when you can just buy them but it would be handy if you wanted a particular car and it wasn't available in your game week. I might make it low priority.

of course there are some obstacles, such as having to armax the licence tests on new saves to get all of the licence prize car colours but first I'll get all the main prize cars, then move onto used cars.

Now you may ask the question well why the hell would I want and/or need this, well, it is useful for having a wider selection to buy for a certain race competition and if a car is not buyable in the dealerships, you can buy them for 200,000 credits from the save, which a Minolta Toyota at 200,000 is laughing change.

If anyone has any questions or can offer any help that would be greatly appreciated, once I have achieved what I want to I will certainly release them plus the GT3 saves. I would like to make clear to have all cars and colours, I have used armax codes but I am not making this to be a primary save, this is to supplement your main save game.

Also Famine, if you read this I want to make clear I will be using your PAL used car Excel spreadsheet and I will try and finish of the blank colour spaces for you, so you can update it.
Wow, that's a pretty ambitious project. Best of luck with it!

However, you may run into a snag: if memory serves, you can't have more than 1000 cars in your garage in GT4.

Also, @Famine is more likely to read your post if you tag him like I did although I suspect he'll read it anyway, somehow, what with being all-powerful and all. :D

@BobK yeah thanks for that warning with the max cars limit, but what I'm doing is when I reach the limit, backing the saves up on my ps3 then wiping my memory card and continuing from the races I left of at, I done that with Gran Turismo 3 and thanks for tagging Famine, I need to re-familurise myself with the site lol

and thank you very much for the good luck wish. :)

btw only thing I feel bad for is when this is done, NTSC I don't think can use it, with me being PAL? I would like everyone to enjoy this if possible.

and did you do the 24hr races over again?? You machine lol

Thank you also for the good luck wish :)

I am contemplating the idea of uploading my gt3 saves with all cars/colours, can I upload files here?

Last edited:
Oh something I would like to add, in GT3 and 4 I have done all the missions and/or licence tests with no cheats all gold, and if people think they can't do it, believe me, you can, the secret is to not quit the test, just keep retrying and the best lines and accel/brake points come naturally at the finish :)

The one concern I have is winning all the Honda S500 colours from the licences, that's going to be a lot of deleting the memory and inserting armax (Please insert a playstation format disc) I HATE THAT LOL

2 more colours of the Chevelle 454; Desert Sand Metallic and Classic White, then 28 COLOURS of the Plymouth, noticed how Japanese game gave American cars LOADS of colours, despite past tensions lol, now this creates a lot of work for me.

Anyway, once I have done the American hall, I only have Special Conditions, then one make races to do, oh and the last colours of the licence cars (I'm Not Looking Forward To That) :(

At one point I was working on winning the Superbird in all colors. I'd have to check but I believe I got all but four of them. It just got too disheartening, run that series ten times and not getting a new color happened too many times.

I can't imagine my trying to win a license car in every color, considering what's involved when you win a duplicate... Or even when you don't, and try for another color.

Yep Adam & Bob... Getting all colors of your fav cars requires tons a patience, that's for sure. The one thing that I wish GT4 did was rotate the colors as you win a race over and over again. Getting the repeat colors, (doubles, triples, etc etc etc, of various fav cars) , can almost make ya give up. When I was going for the last two colors I needed of the PFGT I thought there might be a trick to it, but I never did find any trying various cars, colors, and other change ups. It just seems to be a random luck thing I guess. By the time I got the last missing colors I had so many repeat colors in my garage that the first 8 pages + were all PFGT's which equated to running the 24 hour over 80 times to get the final two (orange and white for me). The good news is... ya get to know the tracks so well ya can run 'em almost blind lol...

Oh, I didn't vote on the GT3, cause I never actually finished that one, cause by the time I got even close, GT4 had already come out. I just did the one time transfer to GT4 at that time... So on the GT3 release, it's just a matter of personal choice. Personally, although it can take many years, I think it's more fun to play the game all the way through as it was intended.

I've now been cruising around all the tracks, real slow, looking for odd stuff, (similar to the Smoke and Big Tree thing or the Nike Morse Code), but also looking for other oddities that may have been overlooked in the past. If I find anything out of the ordinary I'll soon report...

Last edited by a moderator:
@BobK @PS2 GT4 GT4 hey peeps, I have just got all the Plymouth colours, I feel you both about dupes, there should be a colour rotation thing, I tried what you tried also PS2 GT4 changing the colour car I was using and what not to no avail.

And the save I am offering to upload is not to use, it is just buy any car or colour from for your save game, it is not actually a save game to play. :)

I am also thinking about releasing saves with 2nd hand cars, I.E. my saves that I have used and driven cars basically my raw completed saves, this is still in progress with GT3 and I am currently in the FGT Championship in my gt4 save, with Nurn 24hr completed. :D

wow these one make races are dragging by, I need the light blue Mercedes 300 sl, then I can get the special yellow MG

Weeks per race in some cases would be my guess. But hey, go for it! I'd love to see it done.

I am going for it :D, I have all the Honda s500 colours, I only have one more Lupo 1.2 colour to get which is perleffekt blue or something, then it is all the Jensen colours then Mercury cougar. :D I can't wait myself, I'm looking forward to getting back into some racing again. :)

Also I am worrying a little about the wear & tear on my ps2 and memory card, what with all the saving and reseting. I hope my little pezza' can pull through lol

Last edited:
I'm really struggling with the Jazzleblue Perleffekt Lupo1.4 from B Licence, I'm at the brink of giving up here :'(

Edit: Not kidding the very next time I tried this I got Jazzblue Perleffekt I'm a happy lad again. :D

Last edited:
Right o I think RX-8 Yellow is the default and only colour the RX-8 Type II Concept can be won in, in the licence tests.

Okay, I am struggling majorly to get some more colours of the Jensen Interceptor MKIII I only have 4 more, them being; Mustard, Black, Brazillia and Brienz Blue.

What are you doing about the cars you can just purchase in whatever color you want? Have you been buying them, or have you been holding off on that since there's no challenge to just buying them? Personally, I'd wait until I'd won all the prize cars; no point in loading up the garage so much. No need to make the gamesave file larger than it has to be until you're finishing up.

What are you doing about the cars you can just purchase in whatever color you want? Have you been buying them, or have you been holding off on that since there's no challenge to just buying them? Personally, I'd wait until I'd won all the prize cars; no point in loading up the garage so much. No need to make the gamesave file larger than it has to be until you're finishing up.

No I haven't purchased a single car, I have won them all, the reason why I have not bought any is because I want to get cars with the broken in horsepower and torque, so don't worry, I haven't came all this way just to start buying. :)

Edit: I'm trying to get the Black Jensen Healey Interceptor MKIII then I just need the rest of the Mercury Cougar Colours then that's every single prize car and colour in GT4 :D

@BobK sorry, yes I can expand on my answer, I have not bought any cars and left them in the garage, I have bought cars but I have sold them after I didn't need them anymore, long story short, I only have all won cars & colours in the garage. :)

Last edited:
Okay, so because of my own stupidity, I know need to get all the Jensen healey's again... I swear, I'm about ready to jack it in here like. :'(

Back to needing the four colours; Black, Mustard, Brazilla and brienz blue. :(

Edit: I now only need two colours of the Mercury Cougar. :D

Last edited:
I'VE DONE IT!!! I HAVE ALL PRIZE CARS IN ALL THEIR AVAILABLE COLOURS (I haven't bought any, all have been won, plus there are no left over cars in the garage) So, now I am going to have a break and when I come back I will get on with the used cars. :)

but I'm SOO HAPPY :D

Wow, that was quick! Howzabout screenshots of your garage?

hey there, I'm not sure how to take screenshots on a ps2 game, or do you just mean with a camera? I would upload it but I was really wanting to wait until all the used cars were done (That's Going To Be A Chore). the reason it was quick is because I have been using action replay for one lap races and gold licences. :)

Edit: @BobK sorry for not replying earlier, I was having some time away before starting with the used cars, I am considering buying some more memory cards so I can have late 90's on one early 90's on another, then a memory card for the restored versions of the used cars.

@BobK btw thinkin' about some screens but pics of about 453 prize cars and colours and 40+ pages might take a lot of time on my little netbook camera and the pic quality on it is rubbish, since I'm still having a self-imposed break, I am now buying all of the dealership cars... but not to make a save game out of them, no, no, I plan on selling them, the reason I am buying these is to have all cars available in arcade mode, right now I have about 485 available in arcade. :)

Last edited:
@BobK btw thinkin' about some screens but pics of about 453 prize cars and colours and 40+ pages might take a lot of time on my little netbook camera and the pic wuality on it is rubbish, since I'm still having a self-imposed break, I am now buying all of the dealership cars... but not to make a save game out of them, no, no, I plan on selling them, the reason I am buying these is to have all cars available in arcade mode, right now I have about 485 available in arcade. :)
Yeah, I realize it would be somewhat of a hassle to take 50-100 photos with a camera, or even if you had a screen grabber that's still too much of a project.

Yeah, I realize it would be somewhat of a hassle to take 50-100 photos with a camera, or even if you had a screen grabber that's still too much of a project.

Aye would take a while and I honestly have no kind of screen capture for ps2, I had thought about it a few years ago and doing my own LP but it wouldn't be any good so I scraped the idea.

Also the only way I can see of doing the used cars is to have parts A, B and C since buying a car advances a day, all I can do is buy the first 7 cars from each list of the 100 weeks, the on the next cycle buy the 2nd 7 cars from each list, in the Used Cars (1980's) there is 2500 used cars (yes some are dupes but they will be kept as they could have different, BHP, Torque or mileage) so since the career garage can take in 1000 cars, part A will have 1000, part B will have 1000 and part C will have 500, then repeat for early 90's and late 90's. :)

okay so joined with @Famine used car list of, I think 250 different model cars in the U.C.D. and then every single winnable and purchasable car of 548 plus the 250 Famine has listed that makes 798 cars altogether in Arcade mode, I currently have 616... and yes this will be part of the save game, you will have all cars available in Arcade mode... Only cars you can't have are special colours, like WR Mica Blue Subaru 360 and say the or the black L.M. cars :'(... I think it is possible to choose them with the "Buy Any Car Armax Code" though.

I want to thank our little community that we have developed here and big thanks to my first commenter @BobK and massive thanks to those like @PS2 GT4 and @Famine for dropping by.

Thanks all. :) I hope we all have a long and friendly relationship here-on-out and look forward to getting the rest of these cars. :D

Edit: I now have 642 cars in arcade mode out of an estimated 798. :D

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back