Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
I have just sent Jason my new lap time, but it seems that I missed the deadline. Therefore, Jason can freely cancel my last submission to keep the battle fair, I will happily accept such consequence. 👍

Last edited:
I have just sent Jason my new lap time, but it seems that I missed the deadline. Therefore, Jason can freely cancel my last submission to keep the battle fair, I will happily accept such consequence. 👍
I appreciate your gesture, thanks. But you don't have to cancel your last submission. If my last submission is admitted, then it's alright. That will give me courage of me doing better. 👍

I appreciate your gesture, thanks. But you don't have to cancel your last submission. If my last submission is admitted, then it's alright. That will give me courage of me doing better. 👍
That depends on how many submissions you have submitted and if one of them was submitted beyond the deadline. Jason should now have date of all our submissions, so we'll see what the outcome will be. :)

Harsk100 is the winner of this championship with Matej in a close 2nd.

OP updated for the final time.

Uh, now when I look at Harsk100's time, I see how even my second submission wouldn't bring me the victory; my top lap of 1'13.854 is still one second below the madness Harsk100 has achieved. 👍

Therefore, I would like to congratulate you @Harsk100 , for winning this round and the entire challenge! Well played! :gtpflag:

Special thanks to @JASON_ROCKS1998 for holding and maintaining the entire challenge and to all participants and spectators who competed and cheered in this way or another. :)

And as I promised, below is my approved lap for the last, final round:

250nq5z.jpg

As Matej has shown his time this is the approved time for @Harsk100
dscf8419-jpg.425254
Just because I had submitted it on time. Otherwise, I would recieve a penalty for this round and I would have lost the title to Matej.

Uh, now when I look at Harsk100's time, I see how even my second submission wouldn't bring me the victory; my top lap of 1'13.854 is still one second below the madness Harsk100 has achieved. 👍

Therefore, I would like to congratulate you @Harsk100 , for winning this round and the entire challenge! Well played! :gtpflag:

Special thanks to @JASON_ROCKS1998 for holding and maintaining the entire challenge and to all participants and spectators who competed and cheered in this way or another. :)

And as I promised, below is my approved lap for the last, final round:

250nq5z.jpg
Thanks Matej.

I actually went under pressure on this round and I just made the fastest as I could. As I couldn't do better, then I just submitted the lap time to pretend that everything was lost and that @Matej had won the championship. But when I saw that he had lower lap time and that I won the final round, I was like "What?" and suprisingly, I won the championship with 5 points ahead of Matej.

You were also an good player, you came really close. But I play GT over 10 years ago and with the time, I gained more experience and started to do the tuning when I got GT6 for PS3.

When I started the Time Attack Challenge, I was 2nd in first round and 3rd in second round. But when I saw Matej on the lead, I started to focus more on the championship after failing to win the GT4 Rally Challenge.

In the last round, I never thought that Polyphony 001 could be faster then F090/S because there are Formula cars which look like an Indy Cars.

Thanks to @JASON_ROCKS1998 for this challenge.

So, I hope that there will be more Gran Turismo 3 championships, as I'm planning to make one.

But for now, let's just celebrate my victory championship. :cheers:

Regards,

Harsk.

So with Gran Turismo 3 turning 15 today I thought about potentially reviving this series. If there's any interest shown I'll post the first round tomorrow. It'll be done quite differently to the original series and will utilize a better points system than before as well.

So with Gran Turismo 3 turning 15 today I thought about potentially reviving this series. If there's any interest shown I'll post the first round tomorrow. It'll be done quite differently to the original series and will utilize a better points system than before as well.

I'll be interested

DNjuRoX.png

Well, what can I say? GT3 is the GT game I have the least amount of experience with, and this particular round already uses a track I'm not very good at, so obviously I'm not going to be fast right off the bat. Since I've only recently fully completed GT3 for the first time, I guess this is a good opportunity to undust my copy.

I am not able to do this round due to my Playstation being fixed / upgraded, but I should be ready for the next round

Next round is up, with the Lancer Evo VII rally car at Smokey Mountain.

Sorry for the low quality image, it was the best image of the Evo VII Proto WRC I could find.

JSizKSC.png

This one was a breath-holder, as I'm not very good at dirt racing (and because this whole track is done flat-out except for two corners), but it turned out better than I expected.

Last edited:
Jason, I didn't know that this 2nd season challenge was open....

I'll see what if I can participate in this challenge, as my PS2 Controller has some problems.

Sorry for double post, but here's my lap time.

DSCF8578.JPG

PS: My time is 1'25.470. The reason why there is a cable on my way is because my controller has some problems, but despite of them, I still managed to make it work. 👍

7x2SsWT.png

I put in a lot more effort than I usually do on this lap, because Harsk set the bar pretty high. I feel like I hit a metaphorical brick wall in Sector 2 though - I feel like I lose most of my time there.

Last edited:
DSCF0792.JPG

I had no assists on for this time

This is my entry for this round

These 2 pics were my first attempt. I had TCS and ASM on for these 2 pics

DSCF0790.JPG
DSCF0791.JPG

Last edited:
Is the track Midfield Reverse? Midfield Forward? Or the Grand Valley Speedway? There is no Grand Valley East Course on GT3.

Back