Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
This is going to be fun, maybe Harsk100 and I could send you laps via PM so that neither of us use other's lap for benchmark? That seems fair way of dealing with the tie, but it is up to you to decide.

I have two F1 models in my garage, not sure which one though. This could be very unfortunate situation for PAL players since they don't have F1 cars that go above 800 hp while NTSC drivers do have them. Maybe Jason could eliminate two F1 models that are overly overpowered.

Oh, and congratulations to Harsk100 for beating the Apricot round!
Will edit OP to remove the 888HP cars.

Edit: OP updated

Last edited:
This is going to be fun, maybe Harsk100 and I could send you laps via PM so that neither of us use other's lap for benchmark? That seems fair way of dealing with the tie, but it is up to you to decide.

I have two F1 models in my garage, not sure which one though. This could be very unfortunate situation for PAL players since they don't have F1 cars that go above 800 hp while NTSC drivers do have them. Maybe Jason could eliminate two F1 models that are overly overpowered.

Oh, and congratulations to Harsk100 for beating the Apricot round!
Thanks Matej.

Well, I know a fastest way to get the Formula Car: The Superspeedway 100 Miles.

Will edit OP to remove the 888HP cars.

Edit: OP updated
Do we submit times to you via PM or here like usual. I need to be sure since I already opened the question. :)
Thanks Matej.

Well, I know a fastest way to get the Formula Car: The Superspeedway 100 Miles.
True, but you'll have certain amount of chance to win the F1 car as there are other prize cars available. Other events are time consuming, but you can save before taking prize and thus ensure you get what you want.

Do we submit times to you via PM or here like usual. I need to be sure since I already opened the question. :)

True, but you'll have certain amount of chance to win the F1 car as there are other prize cars available. Other events are time consuming, but you can save before taking prize and thus ensure you get what you want.
Doesn't really matter. Submit the times in PM if you want.

But if Matej manages to win the round, I will be runner-up and Matej will be the champion....

Remember about the GT4 Rally Challenge? I actually worked hard, but @shotamagee won, because in round 1, I have made a mess....

But now I hope to win a second championship as I have been crowned the champion of my Tourist Trophy Supersport 1000...

Sorry for off-topic.

But if Matej manages to win the round, I will be runner-up and Matej will be the champion....

Remember about the GT4 Rally Challenge? I actually worked hard, but @shotamagee won, because in round 1, I have made a mess....

But now I hope to win a second championship as I have been crowned the champion of my Tourist Trophy Supersport 1000...

Sorry for off-topic.
Well, after this I may try a similar thing for GTR2, if people are interested in that (and if many people here even have that game)

Doesn't really matter. Submit the times in PM if you want.
Okay, I'll submit my time via PM. Once the round is over I will officially submit my time here for everyone to see. I also suggest Harsk100 to do the same so that we have even chances.
Indeed, but consequences of such actions is what makes these challenges unpredictable, thus fun. :)

Okay, I'll submit my time via PM. Once the round is over I will officially submit my time here for everyone to see. I also suggest Harsk100 to do the same so that we have even chances.

Indeed, but consequences of such actions is what makes these challenges unpredictable, thus fun. :)
But the round 6 has just finished yesterday...

I agree with you on second part: This is an good challenge. Are you planning to host GT4 championships after the GT4 Rallye Challenge?

Sorry for telling off-topic.

I agree with you on second part: This is an good challenge. Are you planning to host GT4 championships after the GT4 Rallye Challenge?
Not really, for the last two two months I play Gran Turismo only to do my reviews and participate in this challenge. At this moment I don't have any plans regarding event organization.

Jason, I have tried to get the Formula Car from Super Speedway 100 Miles, but didn't get it. What is the best way to get it? :(

Jason, I have tried to get the Formula Car from Super Speedway 100 Miles, but didn't get it. What is the best way to get it? :(
If you own NTSC version of GT3, try running either Dream Car Championship or Polyphony Digital Cup of Pro. league. Be sure to check which of the two events offer the type of F1 car you want to have and make sure you save the progress before the final race with enough points over your opponents - in case you don't get an F1 car, you can load and try again.

The same applies for PAL version - run either of the two events under conditions I prescribed above to get one of the Polyphony race cars.

Other events in which F1/Polyphony car can be awarded (F1 championship or endurance events) are overly long to be recommendable option. For the full prize car list of both GT versions go here

To sum up, run one of the two events above -> save prior final race with more than 10 points over your opponents -> enter final race and exit once the game starts -> pick the prize car. In case you don't win what you want, load the game and repeat underlined part.

Edit:
Added important note.

Last edited:
If you own NTSC version of GT3, try running either Dream Car Championship or Polyphony Digital Cup of Pro. league. Be sure to check which of the two events offer the type of F1 car you want to have and make sure you save the progress before the final race with enough points over your opponents - in case you don't get an F1 car, you can load and try again.

The same applies for PAL version - run either of the two events under conditions I prescribed above to get one of the Polyphony race cars.

Other events in which F1/Polyphony car can be awarded (F1 championship or endurance events) are overly long to be recommendable option. For the full prize car list of both GT versions go here

To sum up, run one of the two events above -> save prior final race with more than 10 points over your opponents -> enter final race and exit once the game starts -> pick the prize car. In case you don't win what you want, load the game and repeat underlined part.

Edit:
Added important note.
That's an good method, thanks! I just started the Dream Car Championship today, which is shorter than the Polyphony Digital Cup. I'm using the Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car.

Well, I just have made the 1st race of Test Course, adjusted the gearbox and Downforce. I won that race easily.

This could be very unfortunate situation for PAL players since they don't have F1 cars that go above 800 hp while NTSC drivers do have them
Both the 001 and 002 PAL f1 cars in my garage have 829 Hp after an oil change

Last edited:
I have just submitted my lap with photo of the run to Jason via PM. Players still competing for the title can do the same. If they still post in this thread, I won't submit my time again even if I may be faster, I'm done with the round.

Once Jason proclaims the winner, I'm going to post the time here for everyone else to see.

I have just submitted my lap with photo of the run to Jason via PM. Players still competing for the title can do the same. If they still post in this thread, I won't submit my time again even if I may be faster, I'm done with the round.

Once Jason proclaims the winner, I'm going to post the time here for everyone else to see.
Could you send your lap with photo of the run to me, please? So I could know.

I'll try to get the Formula Car as quick as possible, but it won't be easy for me... I just have done the round 3.

Could you send your lap with photo of the run to me, please? So I could know.

I'll try to get the Formula Car as quick as possible, but it won't be easy for me... I just have done the round 3.
I think the reason he sent it to me is so you don't have a "benchmark" time to beat.

But I'm very curious, Jason.... :sly:
Of course, it is easy to dress for a party when you know what the occasion will be. ;)

Let's wait for the official results, this anticipation is putting all of us on probation. And since nobody posted anything yet, I may just do another few laps and see if I can decimate my previous lap.

Of course, it is easy to dress for a party when you know what the occasion will be. ;)

Let's wait for the official results, this anticipation is putting all of us on probation. And since nobody posted anything yet, I may just do another few laps and see if I can decimate my previous lap.
And I haven't got the Formula yet. I have done the 3 races of Dream Car Championship and there are just missing 2 races. (Note that I'm skipping the round 7, so I can get the Formula Car quickly)

Back