Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
Regardless of how the round 4 is going to finish, it was a good example of where the main flaw in this challenge is. People can use times of those set earlier as a benchmark below which they mustn't submit their times, automatically eliminating chance for victory to people who submitted their times first. One may say:

Dude, you know, if you're so funky you can always submit your times a moment before the round finishes. Gee... :rolleyes:

but given the current bonus round, some people want to do it instantly, without playing trickster games on others. Sending all times to Jason's PM box would fix these problems easily.

Anyway, outstanding job @Harsk100 , would you mind sharing the vehicle setup? I'm being curious. :)

Regardless of how the round 4 is going to finish, it was a good example of where the main flaw in this challenge is. People can use times of those set earlier as a benchmark below which they mustn't submit their times, automatically eliminating chance for victory to people who submitted their times first. One may say:

Dude, you know, if you're so funky you can always submit your times a moment before the round finishes. Gee... :rolleyes:

but given the current bonus round, some people want to do it instantly, without playing trickster games on others. Sending all times to Jason's PM box would fix these problems easily.

Anyway, outstanding job @Harsk100 , would you mind sharing the vehicle setup? I'm being curious. :)
No, I don't mind. But I don't remember.

But I know is that I putted Downforce, the highest as possible, Brake Balance to 3-3, Stabilizers to 3-3, Toe Angle to 1.0 in front and -1.0 on rear, Bound & Rebound set to 5 and Camber angle to 0.5-1.5 (If I remember)...

I had driven without TCS and ASM.

About the all times to Jason's PM box, I was going to tell the idea, as I was seeing the participants changing cars after I submitted my lap time. And it would become a mess. In my Tourist Trophy SuperSport 1000 Championship, I always putted one rule: "Do not discuss about the lap times on the thread"!

Well, as long the people send the lap time before the deadline, their lap times will be valid. Otherwise, they won't be classified.

Great, I won the previous round! My pride is still standing. :P

I have a question regarding the bonus round: how far are we allowed to cut corners on Test Course? We have one full white and one full yellow line - are we allowed to run over them?
No rules regarding corner cutting on the Top Speed challenge as it doesn't make your top speed any better.

Wasn't supposed to be July 15th at 22:00? I suggested to the deadline to be on July 15th at 23:59!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
AND I have just realised I have mixed up the dates. Sorry. Will add your time. Thought today was the 16th :dunce:

Bonus Round 1 is live!

My speed:
image (1).jpg
image.jpg

Deadline for this is the 18th but if people want it extended to the 20th I'll do that

20150716_194325.jpg

My actual time.

I noticed some filler text. PD never expected anyone's TV to be clear enough that we'd read this. I appears in GT Auto as well.

20150716_194342.jpg

@JASON_ROCKS1998 Jason, my points are incorrect.

I had 5 points from 1st round, 1 point from 2nd round and 5 points from 3rd round, making a total of 11. So, if I get 10 points, then I have 21 points, not 25 points.

But I know is that I putted Downforce, the highest as possible, Brake Balance to 3-3, Stabilizers to 3-3, Toe Angle to 1.0 in front and -1.0 on rear, Bound & Rebound set to 5 and Camber angle to 0.5-1.5 (If I remember)...
Thanks for the note, I used higher camber ratio (2.5-2.0) and reduced rear downforce by few clicks to get better top speed. Everything else is almost the same as yours.

Viper GTS --- 271.2 mph

2z6rts4.jpg

Thanks for the note, I used higher camber ratio (2.5-2.0) and reduced rear downforce by few clicks to get better top speed. Everything else is almost the same as yours.

Viper GTS --- 271.2 mph

2z6rts4.jpg
Converted your speed to KPH and added it to the leaderboard.

Viper GTS --- 271.2 mph

2z6rts4.jpg
I thought that you were using a PAL version of Gran Turismo 3...

Jason, I haven't had time to participate in this Time Attack as I have got my new PS3. I'll try to send the lap time tommorrow.

Could someone send the car settings by PM, please?

You got a PS3! I was wondering when you would (your tag always said "not yet")

I want to try again using my broken in Viper, but my controller died. If I can find the spare, I'll try again.

Jason, I haven't had time to participate in this Time Attack as I have got my new PS3. I'll try to send the lap time tommorrow.

Could someone send the car settings by PM, please?
Hey, I'm glad to hear you have new PS3. Take a good care of it and have fun with GT6! :)

Because I never save my game unless I'm collecting cars for my reviews site, I can't send you my setup. I forgot the values for my gearbox, the most important part on this challenge. All I can tell is that raising the car a little bit helps for top speed because there is no bottoming out on corners. I also used very stiff suspension setup with zero camber and little contrast between bound and rebound units to keep the car steady.

Oh, and cutting the corner helps because you gain extra speed when gently 'coming down'. Still, it is all about the gearbox setup - don't use the 6th gear and use the rev-limiter. This goes for all of you who still participate in the challenge.

Latest Posts

Back