Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
11717405_1469052230058308_3756790942247819223_o.jpg

433.0 Km/h
11754462_1469052336724964_3608069161755152972_o.jpg

I was doing around 5700 rpm in 4th gear to get this speed

Out of curiosity, how many laps do people typically do before posting a time for the timed events. If you noticed my post on Deep Forest was about 30 laps, I was wondering if that is high or low.

Out of curiosity, how many laps do people typically do before posting a time for the timed events. If you noticed my post on Deep Forest was about 30 laps, I was wondering if that is high or low.
I usually go til I do one clean lap (usually within 3 laps) and post. But I don't really care about my time to much.

I usually run around 10 to 12 laps, with two or three breaks within to adjust the car if necessary.
Matej is the winner, congratulations! :cheers:
Thanks, although I doubt the result would be the same if other members participated.

I decided to use the GT40 '66 (1'25.688) because on this track speed is not important as much as control.

35nbza8.jpg

Time u
I usually run around 10 to 12 laps, with two or three breaks within to adjust the car if necessary.

Thanks, although I doubt the result would be the same if other members participated.

I decided to use the GT40 '66 (1'25.688) because on this track speed is not important as much as control.

35nbza8.jpg
pdated

Interest in this seems to be pretty low right now so I will be doing 2 more rounds and that will be it.

I'm sorry for missing this Jason, but I was playing PS3 and I forgot to ask my mother to plug my PS2 on... :(
Even at that there really hasn't been any interest in it. Just look at the early entry list compared to round 5.

Edit: OP updated.

Okay. If Matej and I finish the season with 31 points, then are we crowned champions?
Not crowned as such but if such an event arises then another bonus round will take place with 1 car on Complex String.

Not crowned as such but if such an event arises then another bonus round will take place with 1 car on Complex String.
Why can't you declare both drivers as champions?

I had two victories and 2 podiums, while Matej just had 2 podiums and 1 victory.

In FIA, the champion is determined by the victories and the gratest positions.

Why can't you declare both drivers as champions?

I had two victories and 2 podiums, while Matej just had 2 podiums and 1 victory.

In FIA, the champion is determined by the victories and the gratest positions.
I am not the FIA, and it's not like you get any big prize from it. If you wish I will just call it a draw between you if that happens

Quick question...

I see that this round is referring to the PAL version of the game. I have the american version and the car I have is the F90/S. Can that still work for this round?

Quick question...

I see that this round is referring to the PAL version of the game. I have the american version and the car I have is the F90/S. Can that still work for this round?
Round 7 will feature the NTSC F Formula cars.

Since I own NTSC copy, I presume I have to wait for the next round. I have never cared about F1 cars in GT3, their ridiculous speed is beyond realism I can tolerate, but I do admit they are often fun to drive when you just want to relax and enjoy sensation of the speed.

If I understood the conversation above correctly, PAL drivers participate in the current, sixth round while NTSC drivers compete in the next. We also have wider offer of F1 cars on our disposal. :)

Since I own NTSC copy, I presume I have to wait for the next round. I have never cared about F1 cars in GT3, their ridiculous speed is beyond realism I can tolerate, but I do admit they are often fun to drive when you just want to relax and enjoy sensation of the speed.

If I understood the conversation above correctly, PAL drivers participate in the current, sixth round while NTSC drivers compete in the next. We also have wider offer of F1 cars on our disposal. :)
The F1 cars top out at 350KM/H which is around 220MPH, not too far off real life, although the acceleration is a bit much. @Harsk100 That is actually a better idea. After researching I have found out that the NTSC/PAL cars have similar performance so I'll edit R6 OP.

Back