Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
A little more on the bonus round:

Only 1 car will be avalable and it MUST be done in the top speed testing in GT mode.

Only 2 screenshots will be accepted

This (but with the top speeds):
79-Zienoow-GT3-Test%20Course-1'19.768.JPG

Or this:
images

A little more on the bonus round:

Only 1 car will be avalable and it MUST be done in the top speed testing in GT mode.

Only 2 screenshots will be accepted

This (but with the top speeds):
79-Zienoow-GT3-Test%20Course-1'19.768.JPG

Or this:
images
But there is a problem: I don't have the Escudo in my garage. :(

@Matej Thanks. I was not expecting that Impreza would be faster than Clio as the mid-engined cars have more speed on straight line, while the most of 4WD cars have more easier cornering without oversteering at all.
Ah, forget it, I can't beat your time! :P

Yesterday, while I could easily reach 1'08.300, today I can't pass below 1'08.500. When you can't, you can't.

Mild understeer is what bothers the Clio on that section deep in the forest. I even reduced rear downforce to increase top speed, but because the risk of loosing speed on cornering increased, I didn't become more competitive.

Still eager to see the bonus round car!

Yesterday, while I could easily reach 1'08.300, today I can't pass below 1'08.500. When you can't, you can't.

Mild understeer is what bothers the Clio on that section deep in the forest. I even reduced rear downforce to increase top speed, but because the risk of loosing speed on cornering increased, I didn't become more competitive.

Still eager to see the bonus round car!
I'll give you a clue

It's one of these:
chevy-corvette-z06-vs-dodge-viper-gts-acr-ford-svt-mustang-cobra-r-comparison-test-car-and-driver-photo-3035-s-450x274.jpg

@JASON_ROCKS1998 - Given the American icon you mentioned, I'll pretend the Viper is the one. Other two cars haven't reached that status yet - at least if we focus on those models alone.

Someone must have said it. :P
You're saying that by 2001 the Corvette wasn't an American icon but the Viper was?

You're saying that by 2001 the Corvette wasn't an American icon but the Viper was?
The entire Corvette brand is iconic, but if we focus only on this particular mode - the C5 - then the Viper is more iconic because it has been featured in every single GT game to this date. Outside gaming world, the C5 may be as famous as the Viper, but here, the Viper has longer history.
Alright, yes, it is the Dodge Viper GTS '99.
Great, but I'll start with preparations once we pass the deadline of the current round to keep everything official.

The entire Corvette brand is iconic, but if we focus only on this particular mode - the C5 - then the Viper is more iconic because it has been featured in every single GT game to this date. Outside gaming world, the C5 may be as famous as the Viper, but here, the Viper has longer history.

Great, but I'll start with preparations once we pass the deadline of the current round to keep everything official.
Yeah, any speeds posted before 15/07 at 07:00 GMT will not be counted.

Yes, you can!

Clio V6 Race Car '00 --- 1'07.725

I thought I could run few more laps just for fun, not expecting anything when suddenly... surprise! Photo below should explain to @Harsk100 what it needs to be explained. 👍

Oh, and instead of using Fully Customizable suspension kit I used Semi-Racing one; sometimes it is better to leave factory adjustments of vital parts as they are and focus on few elements the cheaper kits give you. This works in every GT game and in this case, it helped me gain some front-axle traction in that section after first corner.

sp8cc3.jpg

So I'm guessing this is a max speed test, not a time event, and we are expected to use the Machine Test Max Speed option and to not go in reverse.

Delete

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Great, I won the previous round! My pride is still standing. :P

I have a question regarding the bonus round: how far are we allowed to cut corners on Test Course? We have one full white and one full yellow line - are we allowed to run over them?

I can't believe that I had 2nd place. I was going to put my fastest lap time which would be 1'07.6xx... :(
Sorry for double post, but is it too late?

DSCF8307.JPG
DSCF8308.JPG

@JASON_ROCKS1998

Before you had closed the round, I already had a made a lap time of 1'06.670. I couldn't send it before because I was busy. Sorry. :(

Latest Posts

Back