• Sports Cars

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Supercars

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Formula Gran Turismo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, i'm posting this as a benchmark of sorts. Because the 1.8 is quite a bit slower than the 3.2, mainly because of it's Fwd configuration by default (wtf, Polyphony?)

There IS sound. It's just that I forgot to put it back up when I was playing and talking on skype at the same time ^^'

pcsx2_2016_03_16_19_30_36_354_by_submaniac93-d9vh0bo.jpg

Of course, I have a time with the 3.2 =3 buuuuuuuuuut, i'll post it when someone beats the benchmark :P

Last edited:
Time uploaded to Jason via PM. I used 3.2 liter TT model on S3 tires, +20% on power and -10% on weight. I had no trouble beating Submaniac's benchmark time, obviously. :sly:

I agree with Shotamagee regarding grip of stickier tires, it takes all the fun away. The car had unusual balance before it would lose the grip on S3 compound, but I think I managed to bring the best out of it. Ideal tire set for this car would be N3 or in worst case, S1.

I should also point out that you don't need to take photo with the cursor being positioned on the red toolbox. Values by the car name on the right display power, weight and tires used - you don't get that in Simulation mode's Free Run mode.

One more thing: the +/- power and weight bars under Quick Settings can be used to ballast competitors after each round, it is easy enough to use. Restrictions on tires could also be used, but that may be too harsh. I'm okay if everything stays as it is now, but this could be interesting to players competing for the trophy.

Well, since @Matej participated, then I guess i'll post my time with the 3.2 =3

Obviously, I had no trouble beating the 1.8 as well :sly: I hope I beat your time though D: you sly dog not posting your times here :( =P
Same run as the 1.8T so low sound again sorry ^^'

+20% power -10% weight, S3/S3

Last edited:
Well, since @Matej participated, then I guess i'll post my time with the 3.2 =3

Obviously, I had no trouble beating the 1.8 as well :sly: I hope I beat your time though D: you sly dog not posting your times here :( =P
Same run as the 1.8T so low sound again sorry ^^'

+20% power -20% weight, S3/S3

Video is private

Could you increase the deadline a little longer, please?

I really want to do the Round 1, but I'm very busy, so, I might need some time to do the Round 1.

Deadline increased til tomorrow.
Jason, I don't want to be rude, but if only one person manages to finish the race, then I'll have to ask you to extend this round's deadline for one more week... Besides, I'm also having problems on loading my GT4 disc on my PS2... :(

@TumeK5 Matej also posted his time via PM, but yup. So far we're the only 2 participants. Wanna join? :P

Although, I may not be able to participate in the 2nd round unfortunately. I'm moving on Saturday and I don't know when I'll get my computer set up again. Probably next week somewhere.

@shotamagee Thank you! ^u^ I do my best. There's some pretty strong competition on this forum, so...

Dangit i'm most likely gonna miss round 2 because of me moving T.T

I finally managed to turn on my PS2.

All lap times must be done in Arcade mode? If yes, then are +20 HP and -10kg specs allowed for these rounds?

Sorry for double post, but here's my lap time.

DSCF8508.JPG

As you can see, I have used the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 [C3] '69 with +20 BHP and -10 kg specs, S3 tires and all driving aids were off.

Okay.

Why aren't Shelby Cobra and Buick Special allowed to Round 2? They are muscle cars.

Probably because they are way faster than all the others. The list provided seems fairly even. I see you went with the stingray, thats the car I'm leaning towards aswell.

Time uploaded. I used Charger Super Bee Hemi. It may not be the fastest car in the class, but I didn't want to drive anything else at that moment. Inner wheel-spin is difficult to control, but cornering in higher gears can be of huge help.

Congratulations to Submaniac and Shotamagee for competing in the first round, I honestly thought it wasn't possible to go below 1'13.500. Nice!

Probably because they are way faster than all the others. The list provided seems fairly even. I see you went with the stingray, thats the car I'm leaning towards aswell.
I didn't add the Special because it's a tuned car, not a normal muscle car and the Cobra because it isn't really a muscle car either, more a sports car. Plus the fact they're probably well faster than the cars that were listed.

Back