• Formula Gran Turismo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
The Gran Turismo 4 Time Attack Challenge is a 10 round series in which all GT4 players are challenged to set the fastest possible time on a given track with specific cars. All tuning (including qualifying tyres & nitrous) are permitted. All laps must be done in arcade mode. If you wish to have your time counted you most post an image/replay showing the time you have achieved in game. Only rule is that corner cutting and wall riding is prohibited.
dscf8513-jpg.531905

Points System:
1st: 10 Points
2nd: 8 Points
3rd: 6 Points
4th: 4 Points
5th: 2 Points
6th: 1 Point

Winner
74669.png

Harsk100

2nd
74668.png

Matej

3rd
74667.png

Shotamagee

Last edited:
OVERALL STANDINGS

Harsk100 - 76 Points
Matej - 72 Points
Shotamagee - 16 Points
Submaniac93 - 10 Points

LEADERBOARD

Round 1 - Tourist Trophy @ Grand Valley East
1st: Submaniac93 - Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '03 - 1:12.951
2nd: Shotamagee - Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '03 - 1:13.250
3rd: Matej - Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '03 - 1:13.850

Round 2 - Classic Muscle @ Seattle
1st: Harsk100 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69 - 1:43.443
2nd: Shotamagee - Shelby Mustang GT350R '65 - 1:44.041
3rd: Matej - Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71 - 1:45.334

Round 3 - SUPER GT300 @ Suzuka West
1st: Matej - Advan Cusco Impreza JGTC '03 - 1:10.749
2nd: Harsk100 - Autobacs Garaiya JGTC '03 - 1:11.078

Round 4 - DTM @ Trial Mountain
1st: Matej - Opel Astra Tourin Car (Opel Astra Team Phoenix) '00 - 1:12.665
2nd: Harsk100 - Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 - 1:14.300

Round 5 - Historic TC @ Citi Di Aria
1st: Harsk100 - Lotus Elan S1 '62 - 1:45.410
2nd: Matej - Alpine A110 1600S '73 - 1:48.220

Round 6 - WRC @ Swiss Alps
1st: Harsk100 - Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 - 1:29.157
2nd: Matej - Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 - 1:29.441

Round 7 - SUPER GT500 @ Fuji GT
1st: Harsk100 - Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04 - 1:21.737
2nd: Matej - Toyota WOODONE TOM'S Supra (JGTC) '03 - 1:22.825

Round 8 - GT1 @ Grand Valley Speedway
1st: Harsk100 - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 - 1:23.869
2nd: Matej - Mercedes CLK GTR Race Car '98 - 1:30.320

Round 9 - LM Prototypes @ Circuit de la Sarthe II
1st: Harsk100 - Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 - 2:44.261
2nd: Matej - Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89 - 2:46.488

Round 10 - Supercars @ Nurburgring Nordschleife
1st: Harsk100 - Tommy Kaira ZZ-II '00 - 6:41.452
2nd: Matej - Tommy Kaira ZZ-II '00 - 6:44.683

Last edited:
Should we do the races in Arcade Mode or Simulation Mode? It should be noted that on identical tires identical cars are faster in Arcade Mode.

For nice balance between eligible cars, Famine's list of all vehicles tested on a track can be very useful. Some other members did the same on multiple tracks, but I completely forgot where these threads are and I'm having trouble finding them as well.

Nitro is going to be a controversial upgrade, I'm certainly not going to use it. :)

Should we do the races in Arcade Mode or Simulation Mode? It should be noted that on identical tires identical cars are faster in Arcade Mode.

For nice balance between eligible cars, Famine's list of all vehicles tested on a track can be very useful. Some other members did the same on multiple tracks, but I completely forgot where these threads are and I'm having trouble finding them as well.

Nitro is going to be a controversial upgrade, I'm certainly not going to use it. :)
Do the laps on arcade mode.

Thanks for the list to that thread, I'll have a detailed look at that spreadsheet soon and keep it in mind for future rounds.

Do the laps on arcade mode.

Thanks for the list to that thread, I'll have a detailed look at that spreadsheet soon and keep it in mind for future rounds.
In Arcade mode, we can't select cars from the garage.

I think that we should do in GT Mode's Free Run instead.

And I'll try my best as I can to participate in every round.

My purpose on score system is: 10-6-4-3-2-1.

In Arcade mode, we can't select cars from the garage.

I think that we should do in GT Mode's Free Run instead.

And I'll try my best as I can to participate in every round.

My purpose on score system is: 10-6-4-3-2-1.
IIRC you can, you just need to add a car as a favourite in your GT Mode garage then you should be able to select it in arcade mode. But if you want to just use GT Mode's free run you can. Plus it means it's possible for people who haven't gotten the faster cars in GT Mode to still participate using the arcade mode cars.

IIRC you can, you just need to add a car as a favourite in your GT Mode garage then you should be able to select it in arcade mode. But if you want to just use GT Mode's free run you can. Plus it means it's possible for people who haven't gotten the faster cars in GT Mode to still participate using the arcade mode cars.
Thanks, but I thought that the tuning was forbidden.

Well, what are the following planned rounds? How many are you planning to do? I want to achieve the triple crown of GT Championship! :D
I have a few ideas for the first few rounds, mostly based on different car families, and the initial plan is for 10 rounds like before but if there is good interest in this I may increase it to 15.

I wanna play this game but my disc is scratched too much. I guess i will buy another one from ebay. That and a working controller.

I'll participate as much as I can ^^ This sounds fun. Although if I may..

Arcade mode would be suited more for actual skill competition, as we will be limited by basicaly only being able to drive a stock car, however that limits variety unless we do a power limitation for non-race cars for example.

Simulation mode would be good for setup time trial, however then, we need to be careful on how we limit car entries. For example, i'm pretty sure in this round, the ABT TT is going to wreck the other 2 TTs unless (and that's still a stretch) we limit it to stock only, while the other 2 can be modified to max.

@JASON_ROCKS1998 please don't take my comments the wrong way, i'm only trying to give advice here ^^' I absolutely don't want to sound like I want to run the thing.

Also, Favouriting and using in arcade is only GT5-6 haha x)

Oh.. and apparently I won't be able to participate in this round anytime soon. I just remembered I started the FGT championship yesterday in my save... welp. Unless the game allows me to go into Arcade mode...

Last edited:
IIRC you can, you just need to add a car as a favourite in your GT Mode garage then you should be able to select it in arcade mode.
Sadly, there is no way to drive Garage cars in Arcade Mode, that is limited to 2P mode only.

Arcade Mode is good for 'quick fun' only, because you don't need to grind for money or waste time altering the car. I'm fine with both ways of playing, it is the general understeer of all the cars in that game that worries me most...

Sadly, there is no way to drive Garage cars in Arcade Mode, that is limited to 2P mode only.
Right, I thought it was for arcade mode in general.

Anyway, slight change. Now the laps must be done in arcade mode. And now it's just between the 2 road TT's.

Here's how to submit your laps (any of the 3 methods will do):
maxresdefault.jpg

Zienoow-GT4-0-400-0'07.609.JPG

Swiss%20Alps%20Normal-Suzuki%20Escudo-1.21.115.JPG

I´m definetely in! One of my favourite games! If it wasn´t for this game, where would my racing passion be? The GT Mode / Arcade Mode is quite an important debate. Also remember that in Arcade Mode the player can add power to the cars or remove weight!

I´m definetely in! One of my favourite games! If it wasn´t for this game, where would my racing passion be? The GT Mode / Arcade Mode is quite an important debate. Also remember that in Arcade Mode the player can add power to the cars or remove weight!
Ah, yes. Forgot about that. Is there much difference in how much power can be added and weight removed between each car? Or does that just depend on how much the car has at stock? if it just depends on how much the car has originally, then I may allow it.

+ or - 20% on power and weight. So it depends on the car. You can also choose tires, traction control, and stability control (just on/off).

I think the amount of weight you can remove or the power you can add is crutial, look at this lap:

Alright, that can all be freely adjusted then.

For me it´s a good solution... how can we be sure then that someone is using the Arcade Mode or GT Mode? Maybe a car tuned in GT Mode is more powerful than a car in Arcade Mode with quicktuning to the max...

For me it´s a good solution... how can we be sure then that someone is using the Arcade Mode or GT Mode? Maybe a car tuned in GT Mode is more powerful than a car in Arcade Mode with quicktuning to the max...
In most cases a car tuned in GT Mode will be faster than one in Arcade Mode (Some cars, especially the high end race cars, may be quicker in Arcade). AFAIK there is no way to really know for sure if a lap is done in GT or Arcade Mode.

In most cases a car tuned in GT Mode will be faster than one in Arcade Mode (Some cars, especially the high end race cars, may be quicker in Arcade). AFAIK there is no way to really know for sure if a lap is done in GT or Arcade Mode.

Then what we could do is to tell where is the car faster, and then depending on that fact we can use the Arcade Mode or the GT one. For example, the Audi TT is probably faster on GT Mode, so we should use that one for the first round. If we use for example the Formula GT on another round, we should use the Arcade Mode as it is faster there.

Then what we could do is to tell where is the car faster, and then depending on that fact we can use the Arcade Mode or the GT one. For example, the Audi TT is probably faster on GT Mode, so we should use that one for the first round. If we use for example the Formula GT on another round, we should use the Arcade Mode as it is faster there.
I think it's best to just use arcade mode.

how can we be sure then that someone is using the Arcade Mode or GT Mode?
There is a good method! People submitting photos like the one below should move the cursor on the red toolbox before taking the photo. In Arcade mode it says 'Quick Tune-Up' while In Simulation mode it says 'Car Settings' or something similar.

There is a good method! People submitting photos like the one below should move the cursor on the red toolbox before taking the photo. In Arcade mode it says 'Quick Tune-Up' while In Simulation mode it says 'Car Settings' or something similar.

That I forgot about. Great idea.

What he said. Only in Arcade can you "quick tune" a car. In GT mode it's the car settings menu (uses the same icon).
Also in Arcade mode, every car can have a quick tune, even special cars like the Formula GT or the 1886 Mercedes.

You guys are so untrusting, I'd have no trouble competing in arcade with no 20%'s & stock tyre's, tell people to save their replays. You can normally tell if someone is going unreasonably fast or not.
As is, everyone will go for -20% weight, +20% power & R5 tyres. Pretty sure there's no nitro in arcade & but you can change the tyres from memory. EDIT: @submaniac93 has covered this above, so I'll just say that R5/quali tyres are too grippy especially on street cars, take's a lot of the skill & fun out of driving them IMO. (but if R5 is easiest so be it)
I'm keen to compete but would like to have the rules definitively pinned down (ie final rules in the OP) before I start. Which means a possible extension of the deadline might be nice.

Other Issues to address;
- What is no off track / no wall riding? Does that mean we can have incidental wall contact, or none at all, consider using the OLR rules posted somewhere in these forums. (I did that for a comp I ran a few years ago)
- Finalize exactly what proof is required to submit our times.
That's all I can think of ATM.

Glad someone is doing this, I was looking for a reason to turn GT4 back on.

Last edited:
Since @shotamagee mentions tires, i'll remind everyone that you can't choose any tires in arcade mode without the special colors trick. Road cars will be limited to sports at best, and Race Cars can only have Race tires.

Like I said, only with the color trick can you use other types of tires than the ones by default., so Road Cars will be able to use at best Sport soft tires =3

For the wall riding thing, basically, a small touch is allowed, as long long as it does not give an advantage to your lap. And a replay is best, but since some people can't record because (if they play on the console) they don't have a capture card, then a screenshot / image displaying the time is okay.

Since we can't for sure trust that people will use the correct tires, I guess we could add that as a limitation. Or just say outright that we'll use the best tires available lol.

To be honest, it's quite obvious that whenever i'll go for a time, i'll go for sport soft, 20%+ power, 20%- weight, and... well the 3.2 TT, because quattro =3
But hey, at least we'll have different colors! \0/ x)

What is no off track / no wall riding? Does that mean we can have incidental wall contact, or none at all, consider using the OLR rules posted somewhere in these forums. (I did that for a comp I ran a few years ago)
Accidental wall contact is allowed, provided it doesn't improve the lap time.

Off track is more than 2 tyres completely off the track (excluding rumble strips)

Finalize exactly what proof is required to submit our times.
The screenshots in the submission format spoiler in OP show what are the acceptable proof. A replay is also able to be used as proof of time.

I agree with @shotamagee, this should be done more frequently, now that we have multiple forms of communication, forums are more complex than fifteen years ago, and we don´t take time to revive classic games. This is a beautiful idea and I like the fact we are discussing and debating to arrive to a conclussion, a form of organising the championship!

Back