Gran Turismo 5 Commercial: Help Me Out!

Does a Gran Turismo 5 unofficial commercial sound like a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 124 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
Z

I'm downloading your vids now. Thanks for more stuff to work with!

EDIT: I'm going to throw 'The Pretender' into the video and see how it works. If it doesn't fit with what I've got now I'll start over again.

No problem. Glad to see you're able to work on the project some. Imagine what will be available for you when the updates hit.

Personally, I like The Foo Fighters and that particular song. Not sure how well it will mesh with this video, but I'm anxious to see. Also working on some more videos for you.

Yeah, that song is completely wrong for a GT5 video. You need an upbeat, light rock song, like Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand (maybe not that song specifically, but something with that same vibe...well...the title Take Me Out would give the video some irony). I turned the sound off the video while listening to that song and it fit much better.

Z
No problem. Glad to see you're able to work on the project some. Imagine what will be available for you when the updates hit.

Personally, I like The Foo Fighters and that particular song. Not sure how well it will mesh with this video, but I'm anxious to see. Also working on some more videos for you.

Could you record them with the HUD off please? Thanks.

Just saying it's starting to come along good. I've thrown a couple nice transitions by using some of the tricks up my sleeve. This should come out better than the preview on page 1.

I just watched the preview and the music was a BIG turn off. You need something that appeals for everyone and isn't hard on the ears like that annoying guy screamsinging. Try any sort of jazz, preferably uptempo. Jazz would keep with the feel of GT and the jazzy menu music.

I just watched the preview and the music was a BIG turn off. You need something that appeals for everyone and isn't hard on the ears like that annoying guy screamsinging. Try any sort of jazz, preferably uptempo. Jazz would keep with the feel of GT and the jazzy menu music.
Yeah, your a little late on that. I've chosen to try using 'The Pretender' and see how that appeals to GTP. I just have to finish putting some clips in then do some fine tuning and we'll see how good it is.

Yeah, your a little late on that. I've chosen to try using 'The Pretender' and see how that appeals to GTP. I just have to finish putting some clips in then do some fine tuning and we'll see how good it is.

Fair enough. Music can make, or break, some peoples opinion on the project. GL though, i'll be open minded to whatever you do though.

It's just for GTP. If it looks professional enough I might consider sending it to PD.

Now that I got approval I will be moving it back to GT5 forums.
hmm.. so you think the tv(or what kind of commercial do you mean?) commercial for GT5 should contain footage from GT5P and GTHD???

hmm.. so you think the tv(or what kind of commercial do you mean?) commercial for GT5 should contain footage from GT5P and GTHD???
It's supposed to be an exclusive. At first I couldn't because it didn't allow me to embed a private video from YouTube. But I just thought of an idea to make a brand new YouTube account for GTP members to log into to watch it.
Ill try to provide constructive criticism whenever your next version is released :)
Constructive criticism is always welcome!👍

Sorry, SolidSnake. My weekend just technically ended (been too busy). I will either get these up tonight or by morning.

To be honest, I think this song would be perfect for the video :sly:

Beat City by The Flowerpot Men

LOL please no!

Something jazzy and cool would be better suited. Start with a slow easy intro while playing the cutscenes and then play the ingame footage with the engine sounds mixed together. Soft beat would make for a great ending as well with the right editing, fading the engine noise into the background as the camera moves/fades away from the car leaving some sort of profound message. Perhaps "the drive of your life"
All I know is dirty american cowboy music doesn't belong anywhere near GT5, GT5 has a history of cool jazz filled menus. Its only right to put sophisticated and modern music to keep the GT feel.

Heres an example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5JrFvr7avg&feature=related

Sorry I can't figure out the youtube tags.

To be honest, I think this song would be perfect for the video :sly:

Beat City by The Flowerpot Men

I love this song, haha, reminds me of Ferris Bueller! When I was younger I thought they were saying Big City Downtown.

I love this song, haha, reminds me of Ferris Bueller! When I was younger I thought they were saying Big City Downtown.

Yah I was just watching it and it seemed to go so well with the driving scene in the movie. Oddly enough, I also used to think they were saying 'big city' :dopey:

Cmon yall!!!! NEED VIDEOS!!!!!

Crap. I completely forgot. But since I did forget, I'll have even more videos for you. Probably a few hundred MB. Are there are cars you'd like to see, camera views, anything? I've got everything unlocked.

Back