Gran Turismo 5 Drift Settings Depot: Wheels Only!

• Thread starter timacks
  • 173 comments
Those who say that the DFGT is good to drift with compared to the G27 is nuts. The G27 is much better at drifting then a DFGT!

Those who say that the DFGT is good to drift with compared to the G27 is nuts. The G27 is much better at drifting then a DFGT!

Depends what you want from it. I've drifted with a wheel for at least 2,5 years now, and the DFGT still makes me happy. It's reliable, decent and cheap.

Throwing up the two cars I drove most in this game, worked a fair bit on their tunes and I think they're fun to drift. Both tunes were done with a Logitech G27 in mind but they seemed to work just as well on a T500. No hacked parts are used on these cars (Stage 5 weight etc.) but I hear they don't work anyways these days.

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)

This car is my main car, it's been tuned with tandeming in mind, a very smooth, very controllable car that can sit at max angle quite easily but isn't going to push away from anyone in a hurry but can still chase quite aggressively.

Installed mods: Everything including a rear wing, rigidity improvement and a supercharger. This car comes in at 534 BHP for me, but was driven a lot so it's broken in.

Aerodynamics: 0 Front, 12 Rear
Ballast: 37kg Position: 50, Weight Distribution at 51 Front 49 Rear
Transmission: 280 Km/ph (I'm no good at fine tuning transmissions and it did the job)
Differential: 30 Initial Torque, 60 Acceleration Sensitivity and 60 Deceleration Sensitivity
Brake Balance: 3 Front, 1 Rear
Tyres: Comfort Hard Front and Rear

Suspension Settings:
Ride Height: -19 Front, -25 Rear
Spring Rates: 10.2 Front, 7.7 Rear
Damper Extension: 3 Front, 3 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front, 2 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 Front, 4 Rear
Camber Angle: 4.2 Front, 1.0 Rear
Toe Angle: -0.23 Front, +0.51 Rear

Very nice setup, it works good on the AMUSE Fairlady.
Make sure you get a fully done up Amuse Fairlady Z, then do the settings above and try my body/chassis tweak.

Aerodynamics: 20 Front, 35 Rear
Ballast: 5kg Position: -10

Works great on Tsukuba but it can be a little fast at times. Some kind of transmission tuning would help the car a lot but I haven't had time to figure it out yet.

9432010883_a9dd9113e7_o.jpg

This is my first tune, the car i learned with on the g27, and still my best drifter.

Silvia k's dia selection (s13) 90's

Power: 333hp (stage 1 turbo)
Weight: 965kg
LSD: 60/60/60
Brakes: 1/6

Suspension Settings:
Ride Height: 0 Front, 15 Rear
Spring Rates: 6,0 Front, 10,0 Rear
Damper Extension: 6 Front, 3 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front, 6 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 Front, 2 Rear
Camber Angle: 2,5 Front, 0,0 Rear
Toe Angle: -0,15 Front, +0,15 Rear

Transmission:
Not entirely sure what i did, but i think this is it.
Put max speed as low as it can go, 1st all the way to the left, 6th all the way to the right.
Then adjust final gear until max speed is 268km/h

OK people this is my first drift tune

any help (feedback) is welcome :)

Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (S.SHIGENO VER.) '00

252hp 825kg 460pp

parts to buy:
Rigidity Improvement
Engine tuning stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Suspension Fully Customisable Kit

ride height : -10/-10
spring rate :10.0/8.0
dampers (E) :6/6
dampers (C) :6/6
anti-roll bars :5/1
camber angle:3.6/0.0
toe angle :0.00/1.00

LSD:5/60/60

Brake Balance: 2/0 or 1/0 no ABS it depends on how heavy foot I have XD
I like to brake and pull hand brake at the same time :) awoh

Transmission:
first put Max Speed on 180km/h
then Final Gear 4000
and then do the gears
1st -5298
2nd -2801
3rd -2101
4th -1662
5th -1507

Top Speed up right 192km/h

I use G27

Last edited:
@ River.

This looks very much okay. Personally, I like the front end to be loose and the rear to be stiff, but thats all personal preference.

Wheel: Logitech G27

Car: Premium '89 Fairlady 300ZX Twin Turbo

All upgrades. (Even chassis reinforcement)

Low RPM Turbo

Stock/Sport exhaust

Stock transmission.

No body kits.

LSD: Stock

Fully Custom Suspension setup:
Ride Height: -6 F -21 R
Spring rate: 6.0F 7.0R
Dampers (Compression AND Extension) 6F 7R
Anti Roll bars: 6F 7R

Camber 3.0 or less F 0.4 or more R
Toe: 0.00 F and R

Brakes 6F 2 and under R

Weight should be in the 12xx region.
Power in the low 500s.

USE OF CLUTCH SUGGESTED!

Wheel: Logitech G27

Car: Premium '89 Fairlady 300ZX Twin Turbo

All upgrades. (Even chassis reinforcement)

Low RPM Turbo

Stock/Sport exhaust

Stock transmission.

No body kits.

LSD: Stock

Fully Custom Suspension setup:
Ride Height: -6 F -21 R
Spring rate: 6.0F 7.0R
Dampers (Compression AND Extension) 6F 7R
Anti Roll bars: 6F 7R

Camber 3.0 or less F 0.4 or more R
Toe: 0.00 F and R

Brakes 6F 2 and under R

Weight should be in the 12xx region.
Power in the low 500s.

USE OF CLUTCH SUGGESTED!

A setup I'd never use. Stock Differentials should never be used in drifting. The right height looks weird, and no toe at all is not good for a wheel setup either.

I'm not sure if there will be a lot of people trying this setup, but I definitely would suggest against it for beginners.

A setup I'd never use. Stock Differentials should never be used in drifting. The right height looks weird, and no toe at all is not good for a wheel setup either.

I'm not sure if there will be a lot of people trying this setup, but I definitely would suggest against it for beginners.

Stock LSDs are good sometimes. I Keep the stock LSDs in my NSXs as they are 5/30/15 already so they are decent. I mean, could still be better but Not really needed to upgrade and it gives it a different, more rewarding feel.

As for zero toe, you should try out my Supra tune lower down on this page. I normally keep both at zero on all of my non-competition cars. When going for max angle or speed, toe does become important though.

Dom you should see his car drifting. Him and that car are more smooth and consistent than both of us.

Remember even in real life they do not all use welded or locked differentials. Most use a 1.5 way differential.

Dom you should see his car drifting. Him and that car are more smooth and consistent than both of us.

Remember even in real life they do not all use welded or locked differentials. Most use a 1.5 way differential.

I will bet you my account that I will dislike it. Stock differentials should never be used. Doesn't matter who is driving.

I will bet you my account that I will dislike it. Stock differentials should never be used. Doesn't matter who is driving.
Hey just saying that he is very consistent with it. You know I am one smooth drifter, he is even smoother. Like he is as smooth drifting it as I was when I drifted my Cobra.

But yeah I know you don't like the stock differentials, but as like your driving style is his :).

Wheel used: Logitech G27 + Blue OMP steering wheel

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
321HP

Parts to buy:

Everything except chassis reinforcement

Turbo: Supercharger

Tyre: Comfort Hard

No bodykits

LSD: 37/48/10

Suspension:
ride height : -20/-20
spring rate :12.1/6.1
dampers (E) :6/6
dampers (C) :4/4
anti-roll bars :3/3
camber angle:3.5/0.0
toe angle :0.00/0.25

Don't really need to touch the transmissions.

Works super well for me especially in Trial Mountain Circuit, real smooth.

can annyone geve me a setup for the perfect beginner drift car in picture? everything in picture please cause my gt5 is another language and i dont know what all the things means you know... i play with a steering wheel. thanks

Stock differential is 50 Initial Torque and 80 Acceleration.
You'd never know how good it is unless you try instead of criticizing something you haven't even tried.

Stock differential is 50 Initial Torque and 80 Acceleration.
You'd never know how good it is unless you try instead of criticizing something you haven't even tried.

And you, somebody that lives a couple of thousand miles away, knows what I've done inside my house? You need to teach me that trick, you could make a lot of money with that. (If you were actually right, that is.)

And you, somebody that lives a couple of thousand miles away, knows what I've done inside my house? You need to teach me that trick, you could make a lot of money with that. (If you were actually right, that is.)

So you're actually telling me you tried my tune. Well? What did you think if you did?

Look man, I'm sorry I went off on you. I get real defensive of my stuff. I got mad respect for you. And I hope you had a good day. But in all seriousness; What did you think of my tune?

I don't play GT5 anymore. But I will stick with my earlier comment: I won't use a car with a stock differential for drifting.

I don't play GT5 anymore. But I will stick with my earlier comment: I won't use a car with a stock differential for drifting.
Well the tune wasn't for you so how about shutting up and letting others make their own decision about the setup...

Back