Gran Turismo 5 Drift Settings Depot: Wheels Only!

• Thread starter timacks
  • 173 comments
Hey, sorry for the slightly off topic, but it's still tuning related;

I was wondering how to replicate a welded diff? I don't know what to do with the Initial Torque slider haha, have the other two on 60, 60.

EDIT; Think I should've posted this in the other tuning sticky, oops.

This is the first drift tune that I've ever posted :D
Here's a wagon to scare the kids(I had to do it :lol:)

7685723586_b4f9b55a1b.jpg

1988 Volvo Estate

The car drifts surprisingly well for being underpowered and heavy but its a fun car. 👍 Total troll drifter. :dopey:

Tune was done offline with a DFGT(lobby issues atm, will edit soon)
FFB 10
Power Steering Off
Simulation

Car is completely maxed, install Turbo Stage 2. All Engine upgrades, Weight reduction 3, Chassis reinforcement, All drivetrain upgrades, etc.

Tires:
Comfort Hard

Ballast:
142kg at 50

Brake Balance:
F 5|R 7

Full Custom Tranny:
Top speed 143. Final 3.975 I didnt adjust the ind. gears.

LSD:
IT 60|Ac 60|Dc 31

Suspension:
RH F -20|R -20
SR F 7.1|R 7.6
D(E) F 5|R 5
D(C) F 5|R 5
ARB F 5|R 5
Camber F 1.6|R 1.1
Toe F -.09|R 0.00

Its heavy and only maxes out with 269hp but it drifts so smoothly and easy to control. :)

Last edited:
Im a novice when it come to drifting with my g27 :crazy: (but consider myself a pro with a controller :sly:). I was wondering if any one had any tunes for complete begginners. ive tried a few tunes and the only result was spinning out :nervous:. I started out with a basic shelby gt350 and it was working well for small drifts but i could never slide for long :grumpy: . im useless at tuning if any one had any ideas that would help me that would bbe great. If necessary i could post the tune i have and any minor tweaks people could help me with that would be awesome.

:crazy:

Im a novice when it come to drifting with my g27 :crazy: (but consider myself a pro with a controller :sly:). I was wondering if any one had any tunes for complete begginners. ive tried a few tunes and the only result was spinning out :nervous:. I started out with a basic shelby gt350 and it was working well for small drifts but i could never slide for long :grumpy: . im useless at tuning if any one had any ideas that would help me that would bbe great. If necessary i could post the tune i have and any minor tweaks people could help me with that would be awesome.

:crazy:

Try drifting the Volvo wagon, max it out like my tune. I'm not that great of a drifter either(with the wheel). I barely get golds on the seasonals lol. That wagon really surprised me, it holds long drifts really really well and transitions pretty smoothly.

As for tuning, I kind of get it. Lower the car, I take the .2 positive toe out of the rear on most cars and put -.10 on the front. Put some camber on the tires and 'lock' up the diff. Thats about it. Pay attention to the spring rate in relation to the weight balance. Soft front, stiff rear makes oversteer.

active steering mild?? the only thing gonna happend when you use that is the steering gonna self correct when you try to drift

this is my favorite drift car so far because of this tune.

i use absolutely no aids,powersteering on,ffb on 4 or 5

re amemiya amemiya fd3s rx-7

RE_Amemiya_FD.jpg

downforce
10/20

ballast
amount 0
position 0

specs
445 hp
1240 kg
546 pp

parts to buy
high rpm turbo

transmission
1st 3.509
2nd 2.808
3rd 2.224
4th 1.723
5th 1.352
6th 1.117
final 3.534
top speed 137

lsd
initial torque 36
acceleration sensitivity 50
braking sensitivity 30

suspension
ride height -24/-30 camber 0.0/6.6
spring rate 11.8/20.0 toe angle 0.08/-0.34
dampers extension 3/8
dampers compression 2/9
antiroll bars 1/7

brakes
4/7

tires comfort hard

i love this car because there is so much downforce in that car,you got almost full control of the car.this is a little bit better then the silvia.i think this is my new favorite drift car.its that good.

The car in GT5 is a Touge car and not for drifting. The car in the picture is a D1GP car and looks different. Read description in game.

This was tuned mostly offline but I had to make a few changes when I took it online to keep it controllable. This is my first published drift tune. I am a beginner drifter but can do some nice drifts with this. I have drifted nearly 200miles with this car. And my best drift so far was 18k around Tsukuba.

Nissan Dia K's Silvia Selection S13 '90
Max. Power 400+ BHP
Weight 1011 kg
Performance Points 521
Parts Installed All upgrades except rigidity improvement. Comfort Hard Tyres
Drift Setup
Ride Height -15/-15
Spring Rate 12.5/6.0
Dampers (Extension) 6/3
Dampers (Compression) 5/2
Anti-Roll Bars 5/7
Camber Angle (-) 1.9/0.7
Toe Angle -0.10/-0.10
Initial Torque 46
Acceleration Sensitivity 60
Braking Sensitivity 50
Brake Balance 3/3
Power Level 100%
1st Gear 3.202
2nd Gear 2.224
3rd Gear 1.644
4th Gear 1.277
5th Gear 1.048
6th Gear 0.893
Final Gear 4.363
Max Speed 162mph/260kmh

Can samo one do the settings for SCION FR-S pls full power
thx

scion fr-s

2013_scion_fr-s_actf34_fd_1209118_717.jpg

ballast
amount 0
position 0

specs
358 hp
1092 kg
496 pp

parts to buy
weight reduction stage 3
window weight reduction
carbon hood
ecu tuning
engine tuning stage 3
sport intake manifold
racing air filter
sport exhaust manifold
sport catalytic converter
titanium racing exhaust

transmission
1st 3.349
2nd 2.500
3rd 1.870
4th 1.450
5th 1.166
6th 0.994
final 4.100
top speed 168

lsd
initial torque 44
acceleration sensitivity 55
braking sensitivity 31

suspension
ride height-10/-20 camber 0.0/3.5
spring rate 10.5/11.1 toe angle 0.00/0.42
damper extension 8/8
damper compression 7/9
antiroll bars 2/6

brakes
5/5

tires comfort hard

it a little bit harder to drift then my silvia but it got good enough power to do good drifts.it might feel a little stiffer then my silvia but it still a good car though:sly:.

1990 Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo

Displacement - 2491cc
Max HP - 567@5900rpm
Max TQ - 528@5400rpm
Weight - 1236kg

Ballast - 0/0
ECU Tuning
Engine Stage 3
Intake Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Mid-rpm Turbo
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD - 60/60/60
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension -
-17mm Front/-14mm Rear
9.5kg/mm Front/8.0kg/mm Rear
Dampers (Ext/Comp)
6/5 Front / 6/5 Rear
Sway bar- 2/3
Camber - 2.5/1.0
Toe - 0/0
Brakes - 6/2

DFGT
FFB - 10
PS - Off
Simulation

No assists/No ABS

Last edited:
1998 180sx "Sil-Eighty"
Displacement - 1998
Max HP - 241@6400rpm
Max TQ - 225@4400rpm
Weight - 1170kg

Ballast - 0/0
ECU Tuning
Racing Filter
Sports Cat
Sports Exhaust
Single Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Adjustable LSD - 30/40/20
Fully Customizable Suspension -
8.5kg/mm Front/7.5kg/mm Rear
Dampers (Ext/Comp)
5/5 Front / 5/5 Rear
Sway bar- 3/3
Camber - 2.2/1.0
Toe - 0/0
Brakes - 5/2

DFGT
FFB - 10
PS - Off
Simulation

No assists/No ABS

I've been venturing into the drift world over the past two days, and I know I've been neglecting this forum when it comes to the Website. So, Today I began including all of the drift setups included in the Sticky Threads. This thread is now 100% included, I'll start on the other Depot soon, and do my best to keep up with both threads as well as the forum as a whole.

hey i am fairly new to drifting but i had taken timacks advice with the tune and i have a g27 wheel and i found it worked great but i used it on a z33 not the 34 and it works alot better then what i was using still spin out alot and cant hold drifts all the time like i said only have played gt5 for a month now so anyone would like to help me drift i am a very committed psn user so i will be on alot if someone could add me and help that would be well appreciated thanks nitroos91

Don't want to sound silly. Some of you seem to off kinda cracked the code of how the settings and set ups work in gt5. Are you guys working with formulas to come to these settings? It may of been asked before...if so could, could these formulas be shared with us all? Could the top runners on the leader boards explain what they are doing in there setups rather then share them? It may help the noobs like myself learn how gt5 settings work. I have been playing gt5 since it came out, and I feel like a complete noob, when you try your hardest thinking you run a good time, or drift lap, then you get the top 10 runners smashing times by 35 secs on laps. Surely setup as a little to do with it, not just driving skill. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Don't want to sound silly. Some of you seem to off kinda cracked the code of how the settings and set ups work in gt5. Are you guys working with formulas to come to these settings? It may of been asked before...if so could, could these formulas be shared with us all? Could the top runners on the leader boards explain what they are doing in there setups rather then share them? It may help the noobs like myself learn how gt5 settings work. I have been playing gt5 since it came out, and I feel like a complete noob, when you try your hardest thinking you run a good time, or drift lap, then you get the top 10 runners smashing times by 35 secs on laps. Surely setup as a little to do with it, not just driving skill. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

You can download their ghosts, and watch their entire replays. Speed, driving line, gear, throttle input, brake input, etc, etc. I recommend you do that. Tunes for it all can be found in my sig, but skill is a large part of it. Lots of practice, lots of time, lots of repetition to get in the top 10.

You can download their ghosts, and watch their entire replays. Speed, driving line, gear, throttle input, brake input, etc, etc. I recommend you do that. Tunes for it all can be found in my sig, but skill is a large part of it. Lots of practice, lots of time, lots of repetition to get in the top 10.

Adrenaline you are 110% correct, and I have been doing lots of that, downloading ghosts watching replays etc etc.. But some of those guys are beyound quick, and surely the car setup would have to help. Especially in the drifting. I have actually used of the setups included here and the cars actually drift. I tried using real life setups but like many say are not accurate to the game. I guess many of the top 10 guys and top 100 for that matter seem to of kinda cracked the games settings and there advantages. I guess it's just like you said time and much repeated actions and practice to get it right.

...Are you guys working with formulas to come to these settings?...

It's like tuning in real life. You have to be a good driver (or sensor in better terms) to be a good tuner. When you can consistently drive a car at its limits, tweak things slightly one at a time and try to feel the difference. The smoothest setup is the fastest. It's about gradually getting to the edge of grip and having the right contact patch once you get there. With that said, driving style has alot to do with it. This has more to do with circuit racing though. Not much of a difference is noticed drifting. Or maybe I'm not good enough of a sensor for it yet? :shrug:

Lots of tunes on this thread have not integrated some of the most crucial elements of the cars' suspension. Toe angle is extremely useful for drift tunes. An extreme negative toe-angle on the front (about -.20 to -.50) drastically increases turn-in response. While a similar setting on the rear (maybe even -.30 to -.60) makes breaking traction a breeze.
I would also suggest a nice sharp camber (3.0ish) on the front to increase steering control and NO camber on the rear. It allows the car to fishtail in a controlled manner. Ride height on the front should be very high with soft springs and dampers. You're not looking for max-aerodynamic-efficiency. You want the front to absorb the sudden direction changes and g-forces while holding the tires firmly on the pavement. You're rearride height needs to be pretty low with hard springs and almost no damper rebound. The small range of travel allows traction breakage at almost any speed with simple throttle stabs. The low damper extension is so that when the rear suspension does bottom out, and you begin to slide, the traction will remain broken. Meaning your suspension will stay bottomed out and you will keep drifting. Finally, your Front stabilizer bars should be harder than the rear, as this induces oversteer.

So for like a nissan z33 It would look like this
40/-20
8.0/17.0
6/1
4/8
5/1

3.0/0.0
-0.35/-0.45
Transmission tuning in drift is also pretty basic. You want your power gears to be 3rd, 4th, and sometimes 5th. Rarely do you have enough speed to drift easily in 1st or 2nd. Past 5th gear it's really easy to lose control and end up looking like a doofus online. a basic 6 spd drift tranny setup for me goes as follows.
1. Reset to default.
2. Set final gear to about 3.000
3. Set top-speed to around 140mph
4. first gear - all the way to the right
second gear - almost all the way to the right. (about 1/10 bar from right side)
third gear - all the way to the left.
fourth gear - all the way to the left
fifth gear - quarter of the way to the left
sixth gear - doesn't matter/
5. without changing anything else, lower your final gear until top-speed is around 165- 180mph.​

Throwing up the two cars I drove most in this game, worked a fair bit on their tunes and I think they're fun to drift. Both tunes were done with a Logitech G27 in mind but they seemed to work just as well on a T500. No hacked parts are used on these cars (Stage 5 weight etc.) but I hear they don't work anyways these days.

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)

This car is my main car, it's been tuned with tandeming in mind, a very smooth, very controllable car that can sit at max angle quite easily but isn't going to push away from anyone in a hurry but can still chase quite aggressively.

Installed mods: Everything including a rear wing, rigidity improvement and a supercharger. This car comes in at 534 BHP for me, but was driven a lot so it's broken in.

Aerodynamics: 0 Front, 12 Rear
Ballast: 37kg Position: 50, Weight Distribution at 51 Front 49 Rear
Transmission: 280 Km/ph (I'm no good at fine tuning transmissions and it did the job)
Differential: 30 Initial Torque, 60 Acceleration Sensitivity and 60 Deceleration Sensitivity
Brake Balance: 3 Front, 1 Rear
Tyres: Comfort Hard Front and Rear

Suspension Settings:
Ride Height: -19 Front, -25 Rear
Spring Rates: 10.2 Front, 7.7 Rear
Damper Extension: 3 Front, 3 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front, 2 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 Front, 4 Rear
Camber Angle: 4.2 Front, 1.0 Rear
Toe Angle: -0.23 Front, +0.51 Rear

Nissan 180SX Type X

This car is what I ran in VDC Season 4, it's tuned to drive similar to the Z34, but to be a tad more aggressive and a bit faster, it will transition fairly quickly and gains a lot of speed mid corner and on corner exit.

Installed mods: Everything including a rear wing, Mid Range RPM Turbo kit and NO Rigidity Improvement. This thing pushes out 424 BHP for me.
Aerodynamics: 0 Front, 10 Rear
Ballast: 172kg Position: 50, Weight Distribution at 51 Front 49 Rear
Transmission: 270 Km/ph (Shift this car at ~7.5k RPM, with the SR20 engine and Mid range RPM turbo this is where the power is at)
Differential: 25 Initial Torque, 60 Acceleration Sensitivity and 60 Deceleration Sensitivity
Brake Balance: 3 Front, 1 Rear
Tyres: Comfort Hard Front and Rear

Suspension Settings:
Ride Height: -14 Front, -20 Rear
Spring Rates: 11.0 Front, 9.1 Rear
Damper Extension: 4 Front, 3 Rear
Damper Compression: 3 Front, 2 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 Front, 4 Rear
Camber Angle: 4.0 Front, 0.7 Rear
Toe Angle: +0.70 Front, +0.48 Rear (Yes you read right, toe in at the front :P it gives a similar feeling to adding caster and helps mid corner speed imo)

Back