[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
In the Gallardo video, the car is scuffed up some. But most of the demos seem to have been in "scratches only" mode like with the Le Mans demo.

I cannot wait to see premium damage. Hell, I want to see standard damage, too (though I think we've gotten quite a few peeks at it.)

In the Gallardo video, the car is scuffed up some. But most of the demos seem to have been in "scratches only" mode like with the Le Mans demo.

I cannot wait to see premium damage. Hell, I want to see standard damage, too (though I think we've gotten quite a few peeks at it.)

In the Gallardo video the entire body is starting to come off of the frame. If you look closely, the right side of the car is HIGHER than the left. But I still don't think that we have seen FULL premium damage in actual game-play.

It's an itty bitty dent. But it is accurate for how hard and where the guy bumped him. So...there was damage at the E3 Demo. :P

That's what I was thinking, I'm also dreading having to see my car looking worse for wear after a physical online race(not a purpose smashfest, but a race that is tight and close resulting in incidental contact).

In the Gallardo video the entire body is starting to come off of the frame. If you look closely, the right side of the car is HIGHER than the left. But I still don't think that we have seen FULL premium damage in actual game-play.

Yea, I think I see exactly what you're referring to. The bumper was about to fall off too with a few more violent strikes (it seemed).

Wouldn't mind seeing roll over or parts ACTUALLY fall of the car. I am assuming they will remain on track and be moveable.

That is most likely a blown strut or broken spring or another suspension component or even a blown tire. Definitely not body/frame separation.

Yea, I think I see exactly what you're referring to. The bumper was about to fall off too with a few more violent strikes (it seemed).

Wouldn't mind seeing roll over or parts ACTUALLY fall of the car. I am assuming they will remain on track and be moveable.

Well PD said parts on premium cars can be "dislodged" but as for them following off don't know that answer just yet.

Parts falling off isn't quite necessary for me, but it would add to the experience just a little bit

It's been said numerous times that parts can actually fall off premium cars.

I'd like to see it, of course, but I surely didn't make it up.

Old news I know, but the AI cars now wait for the track to be clear before they rejoin the race

I dont think I've ever seen that before, even in die hard PC sims. GTR2 and NASCAR 2003 and rFactor they just pull out back on the track right into the racing line after a spin/crash

I wouldn't doubt it. But I'm not going hunting for it haha.

I'd like to see a bumper fall off and watch another car strike it.

I'd like to see a door pop off and see if it can damage a passing car.

I'd like to see many things.

Edit: I see it now. I remember that video. Jeez, nearly a year old. Sick of the Subbie, though. I want to see a supercar's door get knocked off. Good find, Ace.

Last edited:
The gamescom build last year had parts moving but not fall off. You could get the door clapping and the front and rear bumper ready to fall but they never actually fell.

Edit: I see it now. I remember that video. Jeez, nearly a year old. Sick of the Subbie, though. I want to see a supercar's door get knocked off. Good find, Ace.

A car is a car. If they showed 100 pictures and videos of an enzo being demolished, it would get old as well.
I think that's why PD kept showing Tokyo as background to all videos. They didn't want to show off too much else. Now they're shoving the 'ring as well as the SLS down our throats.

The gamescom build last year had parts moving but not fall off. You could get the door clapping and the front and rear bumper ready to fall but they never actually fell.

Well, in the build i can play with in France last september (the same as in germany) every door clap but they also fell off after numerous violent crashes (a lot indeed!). they remain on the track and other cars hit them...

So we already seen dislodged bumpers, slapping and falling doors and clapping bonnet and trunk! :drool:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9S8i3rEY6yo&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9S8i3rEY6yo&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

falling driver's door at the very end of my video! it's not seen here but it stay on the track and it's mobile when hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S8i3rEY6yo

Last edited:

The video above shows the subaru without it's doors. And also when the car hits him from behind you can see something fly off of the car and land against the wall on the left of the track.

Is it just me or did SCEA just updated their trailer.

SUPERGT car sounds different.

watch/listen to: 1:25 - 1:30 min.

By the way I use ear phones. :)

I'm not sure, but I am going to replace that video in the OP. It's got excellent sound. Watching this trailer makes me love GT all over again.

Jordan's E3 trailer "news" post has been removed. There is no longer a video to view (though you have to go back a news page to view it.)

Back