[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
Jay
Sounds are very often dubbed in GT official trailers, I don't understand why anyone is suprised or needs proof.

Well not everyone is in the know about which cars sounds like. Some of us don't even know the car is a Tesla let alone that it has an electric engine (By the way, all Teslas do? Judging by the name I would say so. See, not everyone knows everything about cars :lol:).

And about needing proof, I would have a hard time believing PD would do such a thing. They are pretty much acknowledging they know their car's sounds are crap, still they do nothing about it and try to cover up their incompetence and fail to do so.

Man, these past few days are being quite an eye opener.

If GT5 like gt4 use fuel loads for the game. They have to pit for new fuel. but does an electric car need to pit for recharging?

If GT5 like gt4 use fuel loads for the game. They have to pit for new fuel. but does an electric car need to pit for recharging?

Heh, that'd be a bit impractical. Battery swap maybe. Or maybe you just won't be able to use it for endurance races.

Maybe there will be an endurance race specifically for electric cars, like the Roadster 4H in GT4 (sort of).

just noticed that the camera angles on the Top Gear track are the same ones they use in the show.

Yeah but that might have been just for the trailer, if you notice they use the same "blue filter" that the show uses too, which is why is made it look so photorealistic. I've seen the replay videos from the Top Gear track and it wasn't using the same camera angles as the show :( Let's hope that we do get the same angles when the full game comes out.

:lol: Guess I should not bin so quick :embarrassed: but why post it twice? :confused:

Okay has anyone here seen the updated version of the E3 2010 trailer of GT5 yet??

*ignore this everyone if you've seen this already.

Back to topic:

Yeah can't wait for more news at Gamescom. :)

-- Photo Mode --
- 2 Modes: Race Photo and Photo Travel
- Race -
- Take photos of cars racing
- Photo Travel -
- Situate vehicles at prescribed locations
- E3 demo includes: Kyoto, Japan; Italian countryside; Red Bull Hangar 7
- Full replication of real world wind, weather, and sounds
- Allows for Full Manual and AUTO mode usage, just as with professional DSLR cameras
- White Balance, focal length, shutter speed, F stop, etc.

I've noticed weather from very beginning! ;)

Gran Turismo 5 - The Real Photo Simulator

:D

Am I the only one not to want photomode at all..

The only reason why photos are great are
1) You can record moments of value to you.. e.g. birthdays, friends and family, you as child, etc... - no point in GT5 as your not going to think.. wow... back in april last year, th 17th, I drove an Audi TT for a full 20 minutes.. what was i think.. the memories....

2) And two... To record fine details.. e.g holiday locations, things that can't you can then look back on.... - no point in GT5 as you can recreate everything instantaneously anywya and I can remember exactly how the car I spend so uch time driving looks.. why do i need a photo of a digital reconstruction of the car when I CAN JUST USE BLOODY GOOGLEIMAGES!!!!

ARE YOU LISTENING PD?
This is a racing game.. things that are important
- Cars to race with
- Tracks to race on
- online to race against people
- GT mode to provide a flow/context/etc
- Acrade fun for 2Player, time trials, that general car fun racing stuff..
- Variety of types of races, endruance 24hour, 12hour, 3 laps races, time based races, lap based races
- A decent qualifying for the races...

Things in the middle.. i.e. add to it, but AFTER you have the basics
- track editor/creator.. great if done well.. but no point if you don't have the above
- livery editor/creator..
- damage.. no point on 3 cars... but would be great...

Thing not wanted
- photos of cars
- cars with so many polygons that you can take a picture of a damn car and then zoom in and see it better than you can see in real life

Am I the only one not to want photomode at all..

The only reason why photos are great are
1) You can record moments of value to you.. e.g. birthdays, friends and family, you as child, etc... - no point in GT5 as your not going to think.. wow... back in april last year, th 17th, I drove an Audi TT for a full 20 minutes.. what was i think.. the memories....

2) And two... To record fine details.. e.g holiday locations, things that can't you can then look back on.... - no point in GT5 as you can recreate everything instantaneously anywya and I can remember exactly how the car I spend so uch time driving looks.. why do i need a photo of a digital reconstruction of the car when I CAN JUST USE BLOODY GOOGLEIMAGES!!!!

ARE YOU LISTENING PD?
This is a racing game.. things that are important
- Cars to race with
- Tracks to race on
- online to race against people
- GT mode to provide a flow/context/etc
- Acrade fun for 2Player, time trials, that general car fun racing stuff..
- Variety of types of races, endruance 24hour, 12hour, 3 laps races, time based races, lap based races
- A decent qualifying for the races...

Things in the middle.. i.e. add to it, but AFTER you have the basics
- track editor/creator.. great if done well.. but no point if you don't have the above
- livery editor/creator..
- damage.. no point on 3 cars... but would be great...

Thing not wanted
- photos of cars
- cars with so many polygons that you can take a picture of a damn car and then zoom in and see it better than you can see in real life

I dont think PD makes games to just suite one person.. I think it should have something for everyone.. Alot of people Love Photo mode. And alot dont.. that does not mean that they should remove it.. There are things I find useless but I dont say that they should be removed.. Everyone enjoys the game for something that it has that they like.

http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/

racesimcentral, E3 2010 and GT5.

Thanks for the link! Not too much info we don't already know. Good to hear about the Standard cars looking alot better than what people are making them out to be. Still no news on the cockpit view in standard cars :/

Also they mentioned that the physics were not much different from Prologue, but they stated earlier that the demo they played only had the Merc. SLS available, so I guess they couldn't really make a good judgement from using only 1 car available.

Here's a youtube version. Maybe it'll load faster.

How reliable/knowledgable are these guys, I dont really follow them much?

I've seen a few reviews of theirs (FM2 VS Prologue) and stuff of that nature. But they seem like good guys. They seem to play tons of sims and I think their opinion is worth listening to. Some of their criticisms (both good and bad) of GT5 are spot-on, and I actually agreed with what they had to say.

Back