[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
Why would anyone take ISR guys seriously. It is just their opinion and they like to say things to get more attention too. Some games site also do this :grumpy:

I agree, thats why GTplanet should not post their videos in the news section...

anyways everything they said is nothing new...đź‘Ž

Last edited:
There's plenty of gamers on here who say the physics are right. Yet have never driven a supercar.
I'm guilty of that too Btw.

Im not when I say the DB9 drives like a DB9 I can say this as I have driven one.

Its not enough to have driven one.

You have to have driven one to the limits of the car's capabilty as you would in the game.

I doubt anyone on here could claim that.

I agree, thats why GTplanet should not post their videos in the news section...

anyways everything they said is nothing new...đź‘Ž

Kind of hard when everyone they talk to about the game is tight lipped don't you think? At least they make an effort to get some information and feedback about the game while you sit at home and watch.

Kind of hard when everyone they talk to about the game is tight lipped don't you think? At least they make an effort to get some information and feedback about the game while you sit at home and watch.

We knew this info, their preview only caused flames

i noticed this comment on the news

"Guys notice in this GT5 preview video he addresses to Forza fans as “Forza owners and drives”
and in the FM3 preview videos he addresses to GT fans as “GT fanboys”
thats immature. No one should give them any credit for their immature attitude."

... Despite there actually being an significant amount of fanboyism?

Besides, no one but yourself forced you to watch their preview, don't like it? Leave it, but if you can get more information out of the devs, I'll give you a cookie.đź‘Ť

... Despite there actually being an significant amount of fanboyism?

Besides, no one but yourself forced you to watch their preview, don't like it? Leave it, but if you can get more information out of the devs, I'll give you a cookie.đź‘Ť

If they have more mature attitude im sure people will respect their opinions. when you have a gaming site you need to respect your both audience/ fans.

I think it was to do with the fact that you stated about liking forza because the makers spoke English.

FYI, it was actually gtone339 that made this facepalm worthy post:

Why they liked Forza 3? Because forza is made by turn 10 studios and they can communicate with people speaking english.

Don't think they can ask a question to Kazunori.

Correct me if im wrong, but those guys said that SuperCarChallenge physics suck, right? :ouch:

Last I checked, alot of people said the physics were bad. It isn't as if they were the only ones that said it. Again though, its all opinion so there is no reason to have a heart attack over a review you don't agree with.

Last edited:
The jackhammer guy has apparently gone silent in the face of the edit to the official GT site.

Correct me if im wrong, but those guys said that SuperCarChallenge physics suck, right? :ouch:
I missed that, though I could see how they might have said it. Many Ferrari Challenge fans have complained about some baffling flaws in the SCC physics which weren't in FC. I think even Biggles griped about them, and he's a FC/SCC pusher to the max.

Having played Forza 2 and 3 and Ferrari Challenge close together, it's easy to see that either Eutechnyx licensed the Forza engine and tweaked it, or actually built Forza's engine for T10 - which is less likely, since a number of people were hired away from the Need For Speed team to found T10. Anyway, FC feels, looks, has elements from, and even boots up like Forza 2. It's more refined, but the feel of the cars is similar.

Still, if the ISR guys wet themselves over Forza 3, I'm curious why they'd diss some of SCC. Maybe it's the much wider variety of cars and tracks in Forza, as SCC is unfortunately too much like Ferrari Challenge with some DLC and a few physics quirks.

@Tenacious D

i don't understand why ISR guys ignored the Permanent Driving Aid and Active Steering in Forza 3 which takes away all the real feel and simulation of each car in the game...

Last edited:
You got to admit, the guy conducting the interview was pretty good. He pried and pried but Chris Miranda was tight lipped.

I remember at one point Chris wouldn't say how many premiums would be in the game. But throughout E3 he kept telling other site interviewers "80/20" or 200+/800+. Odd.

i don't understand why ISR guys ignored the Permanent Driving Aid and Active Steering in Forza 3 which takes away all the real feel and simulation of each car in the game...
I think because the effect is rather subtle, and to be sure, no one made a fuss about it until a few scrupulous gamers pointed it out.

Forza, like GT, has a certain feel to it. It makes people with a taste for their favorite game consider the other one "wrong." And then of course there are the PC sim fiends who think both suck. ;)

I know this drives Forza fans up the wall, but this is how I see it. I think that the feel that Forza has is mostly due to a massaged physics which makes certain performance envelopes user friendly, such as easier than normal drifting, to make the fans happy. The ever present driving aids are an aspect of this, and done to make Forza as a series challenging to naster completely, but still a pick up and romp game in which anyone can do pretty well.

Kind of like the difference in fighting style between Tekken and Virtua Fighter. Tekken is a technical game with all kinds of moves, but at the same time, you can go far by just mashing buttons. On the other hand, Virtua Fighter is almost a fighting simulator in comparison, and flailing on the controller will get your rear end handed to you much sooner, possibly the first round.

Now, why the ISR duo didn't catch this I think is due to... well, they were wowed by a pretty package, and loud engine noises in a cockpit.

The better analogy to me is that GT is the street fighter of driving games. And by that I mean the game that is most relevant in its genre :P

I remember at one point Chris wouldn't say how many premiums would be in the game. But throughout E3 he kept telling other site interviewers "80/20" or 200+/800+. Odd.

Its funny that everyone bashes Chris claiming how he knows nothing, seemingly unaware of an agreement that involves whether he keeps that job or not. If we see him again, then he has done a good job and keeping the other stuff we don't know tight lipped. If we don't see him again, then clearly something slipped where it was not supposed to.

Its funny that everyone bashes Chris claiming how he knows nothing, seemingly unaware of an agreement that involves whether he keeps that job or not. If we see him again, then he has done a good job and keeping the other stuff we don't know tight lipped. If we don't see him again, then clearly something slipped where it was not supposed to.

He'll be around. He seems like a nice dude. But it struck me as odd when he wouldn't reveal something, which had been revealed all throughout E3 (now it's on the GT site), to the guys at InsideSimRacing.tv.

He had clearly said in the IGN interview "80/20" "800/200+", but in this InsideSimRacing.t interview, Chris made it clear he didn't want to say how many.

He'll be around. He seems like a nice dude. But it struck me as odd when he wouldn't reveal something, which had been revealed all throughout E3 (now it's on the GT site), to the guys at InsideSimRacing.tv.

He had clearly said in the IGN interview "80/20" "800/200+", but in this InsideSimRacing.t interview, Chris made it clear he didn't want to say how many.

After looking at it and all the other interviews, the one reason I see this happening is because of the time they did the interview. PD had there breakout session on Tuesday, the same day Sony had their press conference. I think these interviews happened on that day before all the info we know now was put up on the site. So its a matter of us going back in time and not so much info already known not be revealed.

The floor is only open until after then final conference is over (Sony's on Tuesday), so I'm not sure.

Edit: Then again, they had special access to the meeting, and I recall George Lopez playing next to him, so......they probably did film it earlier and Chris didn't want to spoil it early.

Last edited:
The better analogy to me is that GT is the street fighter of driving games. And by that I mean the game that is most relevant in its genre :P

Street Fighter? The most relevant game in its genre? Most popular but most would argue that Tekken is a better fighting game. To me SF is liek the FM of fighting but Tekken is more like the GT.

I think a better comparison would be Mario and Sonic. Because GT, like Mario, is both better and more popular.

You mean you wouldn't put you penis in either FM or GT?

I like to think that I wouldn't want people knowing that I was dating Brittney Spears, but if I was dating Sarah Jean, then I'd be braggin' about it. I mean, she was Playmate of the Year in 2008.

Maybe this thread should evolve into a Gamescom and TGS thread by now as it started about 3 months before E3 and Gamescom being a month ahead soon.
SrRd RacinG, if you're reading this, this might become a "general gameshow before release" thread since it did a great job during E3.
If you can still be bothered that is.:)

You mean you wouldn't put you penis in either FM or GT?

Not needed gentlemen and I would strongly advise that you bring the thread back to a more appropriate line of discussion.

(That's advise as in me politely saying you will - just so we are clear).

Thanks

Scaff

Uhhhh.....Right....back to the topic. I'm also in support of turning this here thread in to the "Game Show" thread. It'd keep all the information obtained from said shows in one place. :P

Back