[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
And you think they will be honest and say: Hey Forza 3 has Permanent Driving Aid - Active Steering which makes it automatically not a sim

and GT5 doesn't have Permanent Driving Aid - Active Steering and it kind of a sim..

so GT5 has better driving physics.

haha...... no, im sure they will say FM3 is a better sim lol

just look at their Frauded Forza 3 preview and review...

someone needs to make a video about their quotes and own them really hard.

11uypva.png

Why they liked Forza 3? Because forza is made by turn 10 studios and they can communicate with people speaking english.

Don't think they can ask a question to Kazunori.

Why they liked Forza 3? Because forza is made by turn 10 studios and they can communicate with people speaking english.

My best guest is Turn 10 humors them and acts like their show is important. Kaz has probably never heard of their show and treats them like every other n00b journalist(smile, nod, move along). The guy had the nerve to ask Kaz if 24 hour races are going to be in the game. Kaz laughed at him because its like asking the head of Treyarch if the next CoD is going to feature machine guns. Complete n00b question!!

That and/or its rumored turn 10 paid them money

I think this is getting blown a little out of proportion. The IRC may be a little infatuated toward FM3 and the comment about the physics being like GT5p (even though GT5 is based off of the TT demo which was completely different) is suspicious erroneous, I still think they did a good job covering GT5.

If you really want to pick a bone with them look up Simraceway on PC sim forums (mostly rFactor). You will find some VERY disturbing info. The fact that they are sponsored by them is troubling.

All you guys whinging about their review please, post a better one for the benefit of the community. Thats the only one I've seen and i reckon its pretty decent. I'm grateful they took the time to make a video for us. It went for over 30 minutes!!

There was one interview last year, I believe it was, that literally took the big questions asked in this forum and presented Kaz with them. That was by far, the best interview. I forget who did the interview, though. I think it was a car magazine, though.

That's really the best excuse you could come up with?
My best guest is Turn 10 humors them and acts like their show is important. Kaz has probably never heard of their show and treats them like every other n00b journalist(smile, nod, move along). The guy had the nerve to ask Kaz if 24 hour races are going to be in the game. Kaz laughed at him because its like asking the head of Treyarch if the next CoD is going to feature machine guns. Complete n00b question!!

That and/or its rumored turn 10 paid them money
And I thought Sasuki's post was dumb....

You...have got...to be kidding me...

and GT5 doesn't have Permanent Driving Aid
How do you know?

so GT5 has better driving physics.
Again, how do you know? I don't know what the final code will bring to the table, but that annoying as hell snap oversteer with the more powerful cars is still just as present as it was in GT4.

someone needs to make a video about their quotes and own them really hard.
Honestly?

What the he....what is that going to do?

The TT demo was a step in the right direction, as a simracer i felt it was way better then GTP, but still some way behind the best simracing games on the PC. But ISR said the GT5 physics was like GTP, this makes me worried, have PD ditched the TT physics?

By the way, I was curious. So, I looked up the review they did of Forza 3. I will let everyone decide for their self.

[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VID_ndJJ3pI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VID_ndJJ3pI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

Unrelated to the video above:

I thought their review of GT at E3 was excellent. They actually paid attention and asked the questions we want to know.

How do you know?
You never played a GT game?

options_control_04.jpg

You can turn off even on GT PSP.

Again, how do you know? I don't know what the final code will bring to the table, but that annoying as hell snap oversteer with the more powerful cars is still just as present as it was in GT4.
See above + GT5P and TT demo driving model.

Snap oversteer is annoying in real life:

Just out of curiousity... if it turned out a GT game had something like constant active steering, would it get panned hard around here or would it be blown off with some silly line like "a good driver never gets into situations like that so it doens't matter"?

You'll find your answer by searching the threads regarding premium vs standard visual quality cars and compare the fanboys reactions to that versus their bashing for FM3 simply downtune the detail quality from the starting of the race on.

FM3 is bashed because of it. GT5's standards visual quality, noticeably reduced comparing premium cars, it isn't.

Someone is still bitter about the additional 800 cars, I see.

You can question the ISR guys over their gushing review of Forza 3, and remarks that GT5 is pretty much just Prologue physics. Another bunch of PC sim racers posted a couple of times that GT5 felt more refined than Prologue. It was obvious to me that I wasn't playing Prologue physics when I got the TT demo, so I'm not sure what to make of those two sometimes. Some things about GT5 Darin and Sean were enthusiastic about, and which I agree with, and some, tepid, leaving me scratching my head.

More refined = better, as far as I know. Isn't that the right direction?

I tried recently iRacing, and I'd say the physics were more refined than prologues. 👍 Same thing.

You can question the ISR guys over their gushing review of Forza 3, and remarks that GT5 is pretty much just Prologue physics. Another bunch of PC sim racers posted a couple of times that GT5 felt more refined than Prologue. It was obvious to me that I wasn't playing Prologue physics when I got the TT demo, so I'm not sure what to make of those two sometimes. Some things about GT5 Darin and Sean were enthusiastic about, and which I agree with, and some, tepid, leaving me scratching my head.

There's nothing as you tested (after November 2nd) and making your conclusions. I agree with you although that to me. TT's felt differently from prologue. GT5 I haven't tested yet.

As for the bitterness of the 800 standard models, no, it is not bitterness. I was reply with a fact. FM3 was bashed several times because of that downtuned graphics issue, while some GT5 fanboys bashed people who criticised PD for their choice of downscaled cars compared to premium to be included in the game, and who dared to say that standard cars weren't as visually good as premiums.

FM3 was bashed because of that graphicall downscale at the beginning of races -> fact.
In GT5 Standard models are downscaled compared to premiums -> fact.
There are two levels of quality of cars in GT5 -> fact.
That has never happen in the series -> fact.
FM3 has all cars at the same level -> fact.

FM3 was bashed because of that graphicall downscale at the beginning of races -> fact.
A little bit of a blanket statment that, you seem to be applying this as a general rule to anyone who prefers GT over FM.

I prefer GT over FM, but you not find a simple example of me making a comment of this nature at all.

In GT5 Standard models are downscaled compared to premiums -> fact.
There are two levels of quality of cars in GT5 -> fact.
That has never happen in the series -> fact.
FM3 has all cars at the same level -> fact.
Quite agree, but would add one extra (an expansion of the last point if you will).

FM2 & 3 has variable quality control in regard to the accuracy of car models -> fact.

Regards

Scaff

A little bit of a blanket statment that, you seem to be applying this as a general rule to anyone who prefers GT over FM.

I prefer GT over FM, but you not find a simple example of me making a comment of this nature at all.

You'll find your answer by searching the threads regarding premium vs standard visual quality cars and compare the fanboys reactions to that versus their bashing for FM3 simply downtune the detail quality from the starting of the race on.

This^ is my reply to Devander who started my later discussion with Tenacious D. As for you, I don't have you in consideration as a fanboy ;). So you, and many others (fortunately), don't fit in that category. I thought it was cleared the separation, so I don't agree at all with your statement of being a blanket statement.

Oh and regarding GT's preference over FM, I too prefer it. Specially since I have never played FM3 but in two occasions in a exhibition booth at a shopping mall. I didn't like it - although it gave me chance to test it in a Porsche 911 GT2 at Mugello and a Porsche 956 Rothmans at Le Mans, something that GT, unfortunatelly doesn't offer.

What I really can't stand is criticism of a game because it's called Forza Motorsports or because its called Gran Turismo.

Quite agree, but would add one extra (an expansion of the last point if you will).

FM2 & 3 has variable quality control in regard to the accuracy of car models -> fact.

True. -> Fact.

Sasuki
Can you please tell me why was my post dumb? :odd:

I think it was to do with the fact that you stated about liking forza because the makers spoke English.

They like simbin titles too you know.

By the way, I was curious. So, I looked up the review they did of Forza 3. I will let everyone decide for their self.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VID_ndJJ3pI&feature=player_embedded

Unrelated to the video above:

I thought their review of GT at E3 was excellent. They actually paid attention and asked the questions we want to know.

In that video, skip to 20:31 he will say "This drives like a real car"

REALLY!i didn't know real cars have this...

im not hating on forza 3 or anything, i played it , and it great its very FUN, but calling it a simulator is wrong!

Last edited:
Do you think their biased?

Could please post that link again of the fella from iron somthing who confirmed that their is cockpit views for all cars because he was there and pd confirmed it for him.

You know the guy I mean the unbiased one with the jack hammer.

You can`t take this ISR guys seriously.

I mean come on... How on earth can some "gamers" like them judge whether a Ferrari F430 drives like its real life counterpart or not?

Correct me if im wrong, but those guys said that SuperCarChallenge physics suck, right? :ouch:

There's plenty of gamers on here who say the physics are right. Yet have never driven a supercar.
I'm guilty of that too Btw.

There's plenty of gamers on here who say the physics are right. Yet have never driven a supercar.
I'm guilty of that too Btw.

Also you will not notice steering aid if you do not try to drift. But comparing model accuracy to photographs could have been done to find the problems.

Why would anyone take ISR guys seriously. It is just their opinion and they like to say things to get more attention too. Some games site also do this :grumpy:

Back