Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial my gameplay HD720p videos.

đź‘Ť
The camera is not static anymore! Kinda looks like nfs shift's cockpit.

Never was static (but obviously more stiff), it moved around in GT5P, mostly noticable during braking.

Thanks Loeb80, but that lap was very bad, loosing time on every corner :(

I allready fix the codec problems.
This is the same video but without any pixels problems.

[youtubehd]GbldlWXl1Fc[/youtubehd]

The video needs about 20 more minutes to decoding.

Last edited:
Amazing lap! Tell us how the physics feel like? What wheel do you use?

the physics for me feel more realistic than the GT5P Spec III physics, which are the most unrealistic from the 3 Prologue versions. But, this is what I think about the physics with the N3 tires.

On the other side, with the R1 I think the game feel to me a little close to an arcade game, but I have to say I play most of the time on iRacing and LFS so maybe thats the problem, and with the Prologue I just use N1 so I don't know how is the game compared to the Prologue with that tires.
I like so much the physics as they are right now, more than on GT5P, I don't like the fact that there is no possibility to turn on the clutch, but the FF feels better so im happy with the G25 :)

And about the Indianapolis track, I think this is the best Indianapolis digital version I ever drive on it. You are going to see and feel every bump, with a steering wheel ofcourse. In a few words, I like it, it feels more realistic.

I almost forgot the sound.
The tire sound its beter, and the engine sound too.
On this video tou can listen to a real tire while drifting. Go to 1:30 of the video.

Tomorrow I will try to upload just the engine sound on a FLAC file and post it here a 1536kbps of the Nissan 370Z engine sound. because youtube downgrade the sound of my videos to a 256kbps rate. And thats no cool :sly:

Last edited:
Yeah, I do know, thanks. FYI, this ranking is for journalists only. It's a little competition that Sony has setup, and the fastest journalist receives a prize. The leaderboards will be reset before Thursday. Just so you knowÂ…

Sorry dude, just read my post back again and it sounds a lot more sarcastic a ruder than I intended. I meant it light-heartedly. đź‘Ť

Then I will have 2007 Prologue, Spec V. :D

I'm gonna miss these Christmas hats when the holidays are over. :sly:

Looks just like 2007 Prologue. :(

Yeah... whats the sad face for? You expected much difference in graphics on the same system? GT5P was already pushing the PS3 beyond what most could even believe was possible.

Really nice driving! This track gets more and more intresting after seeing these better videos! (After few boring F1 races in the past, I thought the only intresting thing in the track was the old brick pavement at the start/finish.)
Thanks YonnyMestampo!

It's extremely funny to me that people think it's going to look any different from Prologue. :lol:
There is no doubt in my mind that GT5 will look different than Prologue. I just think the changes will be very slightly, e.g. icing on the cake. :) But it will certainly not look radically different or better.

Jay
Yeah... whats the sad face for? You expected much difference in graphics on the same system? GT5P was already pushing the PS3 beyond what most could even believe was possible.

It's extremely funny to me that people think it's going to look any different from Prologue. :lol:

GT5P was first released in 2007. Now, it's almost 2010. They had time to develop new engine, more in-depth optimizations etc.
GT5 should definitely look better than 2007 Prologue. Look at Uncharted 1 vs 2.

It probably will look better, but it will be minor polish things, extra effects and a smoother frame rate as well as the posibility for weather etc

Just like how GT4 looked compared to GT3, but don't expect the changes to jump off the screen at you.

Driver animation looks great :).

GT5P pushed the PS3 to the limit. You shouldn't expect major improvements to the graphics beyond small tweaks.
What I really hope for is a more stable framerate and less tearing.

That's the first things you notice:
Smooth shadows -> improved cockpit view -> bumps -> sounds -> new track map :P

Graphics wise I hope for the tearing to have gone and the anti-aliasing to be much improved - particularly in the far distance.

YonnyMestampo, have you got any impresssions to give us about the graphical improvement compared to GT5P?

I still see jagged shadows in the cockpit view. Maybe slightly improved.

Still looks great and I'm not expecting huge graphic changes in the final game, just subtle improvements.

Car movement and physics look better.

Last edited:
new track map :P

I'm not that fond of the grid that it sits on and overhangs, takes up a lot of extra space, I know it is quite transparent but I would rather it not there.

IMO i see all slightly improved grahpics but the most i notice is not bumps, they are already in GT5P, is head shaking, its remember me GTR:)

Sorry my english.

They are in gt5p but it didn't stood out THAT much to me which in retrospect now feels a tad weird. You have the bumps but it's like the cockpit camera doesn't react to it, it just sits there all static as in now it moves around a little bit and it just adds so much more.

Jay
I'm not that fond of the grid that it sits on and overhangs, takes up a lot of extra space, I know it is quite transparent but I would rather it not there.
Well sure but you got 3 different settings for it and option for a zoom so I think you can just adjust it to something you're comfy with :P

I still see jagged shadows in the cockpit view. Maybe slightly improved.

Still looks great and I'm not expecting huge graphic changes in the final game, just subtle improvements.

Car movement and physics look better.
Weird, for me all the jagged shadows are gone and the whole look is really crisp (keep in mind I play in 720p, I'm buying a 1080p HDTV for Christmas so :P).

Someone can record the fastest lap from that Translater Guy ? 6 secs is to fast...

That pic was photoshopped. You really think they would have a picture of the translator guy in the leaderboard's background? Hahaha đź‘Ť

Back