Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial my gameplay HD720p videos.

That's the first things you notice:
Smooth shadows -> improved cockpit view -> bumps -> sounds -> new track map :P

I really like the camera movement. It seems very subtle yet does the job incredibly well. And that's just judging from watching the HQ videos, must be even more enjoyable actually driving the car yourself.

Yes, it feels great while at the same time not being way over done or annoying like say NFS Shift. I'm looking forward to see if they change/add/remove things from the cockpit view for the full release :)

I know I should not (cannot) make a judgement until the actual time trial demo is released and play it myself (or even until final GT5 is released March 2010)... but I'm not the only one disappointed in visual quality of this demo seeing from the HD streaming video footages.
eg. take a quick look at this thread. http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33956506

GT5 was in development for how long? Damn.. But I'll hold my final judgement until march next year.

Weird, for me all the jagged shadows are gone and the whole look is really crisp (keep in mind I play in 720p, I'm buying a 1080p HDTV for Christmas so :P).

I'm going off the eurogamer video and the shadows looks virtually the same as prologue.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/gran-turismo-5-demo-gameplay

Similar jaggy and at times fuzzy shadows. I'm fine with it though.

ppw.jpg

ppq.jpg

I know I should not (cannot) make a judgement until the actual time trial demo is released and play it myself (or even until final GT5 is released March 2010)... but I'm not the only one disappointed in visual quality of this demo seeing from the HD streaming video footages.
eg. take a quick look at this thread. http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33956506

GT5 was in development for how long? Damn.. But I'll hold my final judgement until march next year.

Bit of a backwater forum to be referencing. I can tell you my grandma thinks it is a great leap above prologue.

Personally I dont think there is much you can do with that track. Its not exactly a looker. There are graphical improvements, you will have to wait to experience them. The best thing to see in this demo is the way the car moves. It looks spot on.

You are clearly expecting a huge visual jump over a game that already has the best visuals on the PS3, if thats the case come GT5 you will be dissapointed.

Graphics wise I hope for the tearing to have gone and the anti-aliasing to be much improved - particularly in the far distance.

YonnyMestampo, have you got any impresssions to give us about the graphical improvement compared to GT5P?

I have been this morning watching my replays for about 1 hour, looking for any detail to compare with GT5Prologue, and trying to see what exactly is the thing that make me see the game better thant GT5P. I just can say it looks better, but I can't tell you what thing is better. Maybe is just the track, maybe the driver animations, the shadows I don't know. But believe me, you are gonna like this GT5 Time Trial. 👍
Remember im spanish, so thats why I speak like this :sly:

1.31 is insane... but there will be "aliens" getting it round must faster than the times on that table (1.35?), and there will be so many people online, that by the end the top 100 will be separated by a couple of seconds and what is now #1 may not even be enough to #100.

So yes, try to get a photo of your time on the board if you get it on it, because it will be hard to keep it there.

Dang it, I KNEW there was an incredible secret about the Stig to be revealed! :lol:

And honestly, the sounds and graphics are coming together so nicely in this time trial that if you're going to nitpick over it, you might as well forget liking any detail in GT5 other than the car models. And I'm not too sure about that either.

By the way Yonny, you are The Stig for a day! :sly:

Dang it, I KNEW there was an incredible secret about the Stig to be revealed! :lol:

And honestly, the sounds and graphics are coming together so nicely in this time trial that if you're going to nitpick over it, you might as well forget liking any detail in GT5 other than the car models. And I'm not too sure about that either.

By the way Yonny, you are The Stig for a day! :sly:

I agree....that transmission sound added to the tuned 370 just added so much depth to that awesome V6....oh and the exhaust too :D

Just hoping they get all the cars right for the full GT5 since in prologue, the tuned 350z was probably one of the more accurate sounds in the game if compared to a real life 350z with a nice exhaust. But this demo makes things look promising.

Any video from this track (or any other, sort of stale looking like this) will show only a small sample of the graphics to be delivered in GT5, and it still looks very good. The grass, the track details in each corner, the groove in the last one... I'm sure we'll be dazzled in some of the other tracks.

Cool vids, thanks for sharing 👍

I noticed in your sig that you like spec 1, I have thought this very thing so tell me how can I easily go back to spec one and give it another go?

You're an ass pimple on gtp imo

Ass pimple! 👍:cheers: Funniest thing I have ever heard(read)!

Digital Foundry (were 0.3s' matters) did a objective anaylsis on the preview of the demo: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt5-time-trial-blog-entry

For me where GT has always excel is in capturing the motion of the car. Some sims do it well with race cars (iRacing) where there's little suspension movement but none can quite get all the different road cars right. In Prologue if you look at how the M3 (E92) moves, it's as close as you can get to the real thing: very little body roll but a suspension pliable enough to take on the curbs. A little different with the DB9 and so forth.

You can get a pretty good still image from any GT games- the reason why Photomode exists- but there need to be some thought in doing it.

👍

and nothing esle matress :cheers:
If the game had graphics like the game was running on a ZX Specturn, had AI that constantly just rammed you off the road, had strong velcro grass, and horrible, vacuum cleaner sounds, you'd be fine with that? Aye, whatever... :rolleyes:

New gameplay, better quality, better sound. Enjoy. Just a warming lap I make yesterday. I recorded it today.

[youtubehd]ETYvrEgc5go[/youtubehd]

If the game had graphics like the game was running on a ZX Specturn, had AI that constantly just rammed you off the road, had strong velcro grass, and horrible, vacuum cleaner sounds, you'd be fine with that? Aye, whatever... :rolleyes:

Sounds like Forza. By the way, what's a "Specturn"?? :sly:

Anyway, I have to admit that in music, I'm an audiophile snob. In fact at the speaker building boards, my sig is, "I'm spoiled, and I intend to stay that way." But when it comes to games, I'm way more accommodating. There are exceptions. Even more than people here who harf at Gran Turismo's fairly realistic tire squeals, I gag on Forza 2 and 3's gurgling, warbling flatulent tire noise. It's fairly realistic... for a truck, but to me it sounds like a strangled owl or a turkey. Has nothing to do with sports or race cars, but T10 don't listen to me so I clench and putter along.

It does seem that GT5 is developing in a wonderful way, like just about every single kid's wish is being included to one extent or another. Heck, we even have tire squeals people actually like! With replays that look more realistic than evah... 3 am can't come soon enough?? Oh crap. :P

having never really used the cockpit view in prologue am i the only one to find it rather distracting when trying to check your rear-view mirror from the new onboard videos??

be interesting to know how large the d/l was too?

Yonny can you post some hard driving laps with drifts, hand brake yanks, and stuff like that? In car and replay - would be sweet!

------

The lighting IMO looks more real, like what you see in Spectral type non-biased 3D renderers. In GT5P the overall look is still CG/cartoony.
And a lot of things in time trial just look better in motion, but once you cap a still frame the magic is gone and jaggies appear

New gameplay, better quality, better sound. Enjoy. Just a warming lap I make yesterday. I recorded it today.

Much better actually, now we can see how it should be driven. Hopefully you won't be able to take the final corner like that in the latest one.

The transmission sounds are a nice addition and the engine sound seems improved. The cockpit view looks really good. Some nice, subtle improvements there.

The constant tyre squeal seems a bit much, though. Would those tyres really be screeching constantly in the last, long corner?

Yonny can you post some hard driving laps with drifts, hand brake yanks, and stuff like that? In car and replay - would be sweet!

------

The lighting IMO looks more real, like what you see in Spectral type non-biased 3D renderers. In GT5P the overall look is still CG/cartoony.
And a lot of things in time trial just look better in motion, but once you cap a still frame the magic is gone and jaggies appear

Sorry, Polyphony closed the Trial 22 hours ago. No one can get into the game offline.

So... how quick is Kaz's lap? And the last good gameplay video you posted, what was that... a 1'39-1'41 or so?

He still holds the best lap for Road and his tuned lap was 1'37.607 if I'm not mistaken just behind Lucas.

So... how quick is Kaz's lap? And the last good gameplay video you posted, what was that... a 1'39-1'41 or so?

See, the Sensei best online lap full onboard

The video needs about 30 minutes to finish the decoding procces.

[youtubehd]bK6-QRQlyHc[/youtubehd]
But is uploaded at 12mbps. So the quality its better than any other video I uploaded today.

I do love the vibration under braking and on the fast bends, much more dramatic I think. Unless they had it like this in GT5P and I just look like an idiot.

ON another note, is Kaz using that clutch cheat??!!:eek:

Back