Gran Turismo 6 AI discussion

• Thread starter JBanton
  • 803 comments
The physics are to unrealistic to have amazing user to AI battles. The AI or someone in real life wouldn't overtake 2 cars round the outside lol

The Audi was going to pass eventually. Its like the Jaguar Prototype in the Dream Car races. IT will win if you use an unmodified car. The SLS GT3 will be out front of the Mine's Skyline. Thats no competition for aGT3 car on slicks and the Skyline is a fast road car on SS tyres (?). The GT500 has superior cornering speed than the GT2 and GT3 car, plus its only 1100kg. Itll catch the SLS GT3. But, I did like what I saw in the video.

The ai in arcade mode in gt5 worked by pp12 higher than u4 lower and the car with highest started 1st not the same in gt6 or lmp wouldstarted 1st at brands hatch

The AI in that video looked better than 5's AI to me. Won't know for sure how much it is improved until I actually play GT6.

The Audi was going to pass eventually. Its like the Jaguar Prototype in the Dream Car races. IT will win if you use an unmodified car. The SLS GT3 will be out front of the Mine's Skyline. Thats no competition for aGT3 car on slicks and the Skyline is a fast road car on SS tyres (?). The GT500 has superior cornering speed than the GT2 and GT3 car, plus its only 1100kg. Itll catch the SLS GT3. But, I did like what I saw in the video.
Don't assume the Mine's Skyline hasn't been further tuned. Hacks of GT games to date show that the AI cars in most races are not stock spec. The Mine's Skyline probably has slick tyres too at the very least.

From memory what Jordan was saying from his last go at GT6 at willow springs the AI had improvements made

Gran Turismo 6 Hands-On Impressions: Smarter AI, Better Sound, & Lots of Fun
Better AI doesnt mean good AI as we're comparing it ti GT5
I think PD should work on a own drivatar system for future GT games, after reading the Forza Motorsport 5 reviews. It works.
Yea i'll believe it works when i hear it from actaul buyers when its out rather than reviews who may be biased for what ever reason

Better AI doesnt mean good AI as we're comparing it ti GT5

Yea i'll believe it works when i hear it from actaul buyers when its out rather than reviews who may be biased for what ever reason

By virtue of the fact that it's smarter than GT5's means that it WILL be improved in GT6, nothing was said about perfect AI. Let's wait til the games out to see how good the AI really is. One thing is certain it will be more challenging that 5 the question is just how challenging it is remains to be seen

OK so all the months of testing that the game has gone through and the video's shown regarding this and you still thinking it's BS (by saying that it sounds like you will only believe it's so when "real" gamers give feedback confirming what one of FM5's features are)? OK, hope all that works out for you. You must be one of those people who wake up on the wrong side of the bed each day

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of car was leading in Jordans video, but at the 1st scoring loop he was -9.1 the 2nd scoring loop he was -14, 3rd scoring loop he was -18. Without any noticeable mistakes... other than slightly over braking.

I don't know what kind of car was leading in Jordans video, but at the 1st scoring loop he was -9.1 the 2nd scoring loop he was -14, 3rd scoring loop he was -18. Without any noticeable mistakes... other than slightly over braking.
Meaning the rabbit was a probably a LMP1 or something similar, and he should have chosen a much faster car so he could have cleared the grannies faster in order to chase it... GT5 deja vu anyone? :)

I'm convinced its going to be at least another 10 years before AI in driving games is going to be up to the expectations of the average punter.

Meaning the rabbit was a probably a LMP1 or something similar, and he should have chosen a much faster car so he could have cleared the grannies faster in order to chase it... GT5 deja vu anyone? :)

In the BMW video its an R390 GT1 Race Car

In the BMW video its an R390 GT1 Race Car
Cheers, which explains why he didn't stand a chance with a GT3 Beemer then.

Lets burn a candle that career mode won't be like this again, having to choose a car on equal terms as the rabbit rendering the rest of the field to slow obstacles, I hate that ****...

Last edited:
Well that's an improvement, considering an R390 back in GT5 was no match for my 450 hp 370Z (GT3 spec)...... :)

Well that's an improvement, considering an R390 back in GT5 was no match for my 450 hp 370Z (GT3 spec)...... :)

You'll still have lonely 1 to 1 battles with the rabbit again, as the rest of the field can't compete with the two of you. Like I said they just serve as moving obstacles in your chase :(

Hm, when I use a tuned car in Arcade mode, I'm always getting the same kind of field of AI competitors as I get with the untuned version... Or did I miss something to adjust that? :)

The car is tuned, but I'm using the same tyres and what not. I'm still at the same or less power to weight ratio. Plus the higher centre of gravity vs the more purpose built mid engined cars.

In any case it's not like I got anywhere near the lead cars in 3 laps. The RUF was still hanging on my tail throughout. I was leading the mid group pack - finishing at 5th place.

From memory there was a Corvette up front somewhere in the lead group, which was quite a distance away

Hm, when I use a tuned car in Arcade mode, I'm always getting the same kind of field of AI competitors as I get with the untuned version... Or did I miss something to adjust that? :)

I didn't do anything special

Passing almost the entire field in the first lap, GT5 deja vu anyone? :boggled:

Looks exactly like gt5. If you pick cars with so big pp differences the ai will pass other cars the same way. But when you get a field of comparable cars it's probably the same braindead snails driving around and brake checking in corner exits once again...

I think PD should work on a own drivatar system for future GT games, after reading the Forza Motorsport 5 reviews. It works.
Turn10 has always tried to make their AI act like other players. PD tries to make their AI work like professional drivers. As such, I don't believe such a system would suit GT. Besides, I prefer to have distinct gaming experiences between the two series.

I keep seeing people stumble in here, and make in-fact statements about how there exists no good racing A.I., wait 10 years for good A.I., needs moar drivatar, "95% of you guys don't know how racing games work so stop complaining" (thats a good one).

Read the thread! From TOCA, to Race07, to dirt2, to Monster Truck freaking Madness- we have seen some VERY racy and smart A.I. in many racing games. Heck, when playing dirt2, the only discernable difference between the A.I. and real online players is how much they crash into me. The online players, that is.. :sly:

Back