Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

I thought that Maz was saying the one before the latest revision was the super buggy one, and his one was good..
I see... ehm yeah that's good possible. We have to wait in this case. :)

Don't think it will be too bad, the videos (I know that videos have a low framerate) didn't show any framerate drops or tearing. There was only 1 car on track though.

He said framerate was worse than in GT5, but that's probably just because it's a very early and still buggy build as he said.

I don't like how it smells...Frame-Rate problems (again) can be solved by sacrificing graphical quality, let alone absence of cockpit shadows and very aggressive LOD (4:46 on first X-bow video) :nervous::nervous::nervous:

I don't like how it smells...Frame-Rate problems (again) can be solved by sacrificing graphical quality, let alone absence of cockpit shadows and very aggressive LOD (4:46 on first X-bow video) :nervous::nervous::nervous:
Again? I don't really see GT5 having a big framerate problem, at least not offline. Online drops can happen, but that's most likely influenced by typical online issues.

I linked a video once which shows the actual framerates on all different kinds of tracks. It's normally running with 35 - 60 frames unless you play in 3D.

Early-build. E.a.r.l.y - B.u.i.l.d. of the game.

Someone seems defensive, surely you understand why people are giving PD a tough time. After seeing you post a defensive on several threads and doing so with a sour demeanor, I'll play the objective arbiter. While I understand that people should relax a bit and let PD show us a true finished product before we judge as a group, there is another side. However, you very well may not understand the critique given to a virtually unknown GT6. People are critical obviously because of the bad taste GT5 gave, as hype and images were shoved at us only to fall quite short, and then have Kaz and crew make reasons for the issues "we didn't get to finish them game the way we wanted". Point is people are critical because PD gave people a reason to be. So before you defend and claim people "are smoking crack", you should step back and realize where they themselves are coming from. Just like I understand your reason to defend.

Though if you can't understand why they are critiquing GT, you may have some dogma loyalty to the brand.

Someone seems defensive, surely you understand why people are giving PD a tough time. After seeing you post a defensive on several threads and doing so with a sour demeanor, I'll play the objective arbiter. While I understand that people should relax a bit and let PD show us a true finished product before we judge as a group, there is another side. However, you very well may not understand the critique given to a virtually unknown GT6. People are critical obviously because of the bad taste GT5 gave, as hype and images were shoved at us only to fall quite short, and then have Kaz and crew make reasons for the issues "we didn't get to finish them game the way we wanted". Point is people are critical because PD gave people a reason to be. So before you defend and claim people "are smoking crack", you should step back and realize where they themselves are coming from. Just like I understand your reason to defend.

Though if you can't understand why they are critiquing GT, you may have some dogma loyalty to the brand.
Well, TokoTurismo is right about it being an EARLY BUILD. And if anything, he's pretty damn vocal for both "sides".

LMSCorvetteGT2
-level headed text -

Can I butt in with something real quick?

We all knew, if we wanted to admit it or not, that developing games for the PS3 was crazy tough as multiple developers have said. Kaz said that he wanted to have atleast 2 more years to work on GT5. But from the demand of the consumers, Sony's hand was forced into making PD drop GT5 on us. It was like a premature baby.

-Ok, maybe a bad analogy.-

But, I just feel like if we, as a community, would have just waited and not act like a crazy mob with pitchforks and stuff ready to burn PD to the ground because GT5 wasn't in our hands yet, the GT5 of 2010 could be what GT6 is..

I guess I'm just trying to say we got what we asked for..

Maybe I'm just a blind lamb..

We all knew, if we wanted to admit it or not, that developing games for the PS3 was crazy tough as multiple developers have said. Kaz said that he wanted to have atleast 2 more years to work on GT5. But from the demand of the consumers, Sony's hand was forced into making PD drop GT5 on us. It was like a premature baby.

But, I just feel like if we, as a community, would have just waited and not act like a crazy mob with pitchforks and stuff ready to burn PD to the ground because GT5 wasn't in our hands yet, the GT5 of 2010 could be what GT6 is..

When Kaz said in 2009, "we can release GT5 anytime we want", how do you expect people to react? I think Kaz learned his lesson to not speak too soon, because between when GT5 was released and now, I don't recall him saying such a thing ever again.

Well, TokoTurismo is right about it being an EARLY BUILD. And if anything, he's pretty damn vocal for both "sides".

Didn't I just say, I understand his reasoning...yeah I think I did. Unless you'd like me to quote it for you, that is if you missed it. I also give a reason to why I understand his defending and don't just say "I understand what you're talking about" as if to belittle him.

I wouldn't say you are a blind lamb, but I find it hard to believe that Kaz wasn't ready. Especially when a game was delayed several times. That usually dictates to me the game is ready, but we have to fix or add stuff for the benefit of the consumer. When people later come out and say "It wasn't ready" that tells me they are trying to save face (poorly) and keep loyal fans like me and others. However, he very well may be telling the truth who am I or anyone else to say other wise.

MuoNiuLa
When Kaz said in 2009, "we can release GT5 anytime we want", how do you expect people to react? I think Kaz learned his lesson to not speak too soon, because between when GT5 was released and now, I haven't heard him say that sort of thing again.

I'll chalk that up to him biting off more than he can chew, but consumers have been overly aggressive about it. I mean TOO aggressive. But I agree, he learned his lesson.

LMSCorvetteGT2
I wouldn't say you are a blind lamb, but I find it hard to believe that Kaz wasn't ready. Especially when a game was delayed several times. That usually dictates to me the game is ready, but we have to fix or add stuff for the benefit of the consumer. When people later come out and say "It wasn't ready" that tells me they are trying to save face (poorly) and keep loyal fans like me and others. However, he very well may be telling the truth who am I or anyone else to say other wise.

True, I agree. He's really trying to step it up this time, but because of GT5, a lot of people aren't going for it. I say let the game have a chance to be in our systems before people start writing it off.

Never count your chickens before they hatch. We still have 6 months of info left, as they say..

Last edited:
GT6 is supposed to release in 5 months, and a single car on track, a small track, with no weather or day/night effects has framerate issues? Hopefully, probably, its a really old build...

That'd be nice, but it's hardly worth the effort if Daytona, Indy, and Motegi will be the only three ovals in GT6. I'm not saying include all 21 NASCAR Sprint Cup ovals, but 6-8 with a bit of variety would be very acceptable.

- Daytona
- Indy
- Motegi
- Atlanta
- Bristol
- Martinsville
- Richmond
- Darlington

I don't expect this many NASCAR tracks in GT6 (or any more than what we have now for that matter), but I don't think asking for only 1/3 of the tracks is too much.

The presentation mentioned new race cars, so I assume that's going to include the newest NASCAR rides. Those new cars are going to look great. Even though they say "all cars from GT5" I wouldn't be surprised if the old NASCARs are removed, at least one of them. They also say "all tracks from GT5", but since they say 6 is going to have 33 locations, well, GT5 has 30 locations, and we know there are going to be more than 3 locations that are new in GT6.....so I think we're going to lose a few tracks from GT5 regardless of them saying "all tracks from GT5", so the same could be possible for NASCARs, we may lose at least one of the current models from GT5.

I totally agree with those NASCAR tracks too. That's basically the same list as me I just say Phoenix instead of Richmond (either way), that list along with Daytona and Indy would be a perfect representation of NASCAR racing. Though I also want Pocono and Watkin's Glen. We know they won't be in the vanilla game though, so no reason to get hopes up like I did when I heard NASCAR was in GT5, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few NASCAR track DLCs down the road. At least Bristol, GOD, that's the obvious one. I can't believe it wasn't like the first track PD thought to put in once they started thinking NASCAR in GT.

Early-build. E.a.r.l.y - B.u.i.l.d. of the game.

GT5 Prologue was "early" build of GT5 - it looks better, loads better and runs better.

Again? I don't really see GT5 having a big framerate problem, at least not offline. Online drops can happen, but that's most likely influenced by typical online issues.

I linked a video once which shows the actual framerates on all different kinds of tracks. It's normally running with 35 - 60 frames unless you play in 3D.

Maybe online runs better, but anyway it's very inconsistent in GT5 + huge tearing. For me - anything but rock-solid 60 fps are not allowed in GT.

GT5 Prologue was "early" build of GT5 - it looks better, loads better and runs better.

Maybe online runs better, but anyway it's very inconsistent in GT5 + huge tearing. For me - anything but rock-solid 60 fps are not allowed in GT.

True dat. The first build of prologue also had a much better physics engine.

Sure the online sucked, it still sucks but I liked the organized races they ran. PD doesn't know how to do online lol.

True, but unlike GT5:P and GT5, GT6 even after the demo could greatly be just as better but improved. Looking better, loading as fast like the demo and running better (kinda)?

lol

True, but unlike GT5:P and GT5, GT6 even after the demo could greatly be just as better but improved. Looking better, loading as fast like the demo and running better (kinda)?

lol

Could be sure, I could date Alyssa Miller too, but I probably won't.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but does anyone feel like GT6 was almost rushed out the door? It seems like they dropped everything on us all at once, which is very un-PD like. Maybe there's more to come, but with GT5, the term "soon" was quite common, but with GT6, it's as if they just pulled together everything they had and presented it all at once.

They know the PS3 now, development should be faster than GT5. It will be 3 years between GT5 and GT6 once it is released, sounds like a reasonable development time to me.

About the presentation, I felt it was just the rough outlines, there weren't much detail so I'm sure they've got more to share.

Back