Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

Question for Scaff -

Is it normal for a car to be redlining in 1st (possibly 2nd, couldn't quite make it out) with the steering wheel turned but zero (or minimal) rear end slip (not sure on the correct phrasing). Happens at approx. 2:55 in the KTM gameplay video. Seems very similar to GT5 in that regard, I'm assuming it's tied in to the lack of torque steer issue.

I asked this a while back, but I'm guessing it was lost amongst the heavy traffic.

Any thoughts?

Considering how many people in the community frown upon other companies (not saying you, D) for apparently doing this
AWRIGHT now, quit harrassing me - okay, just kidding. :sly:

I know, this can be a touchy subject. This became a hot topic because some RPG way back in the day who's name escapes me offered trinkets as pay-for DLC. Some clever guy poked around on the disc and found those assets sitting there, and the game unlocked them when a keycode was sent from the server upon payment. I seem to recall EA being guilty of some of this too in certain games. Ever since then, gamers have been wary of early DLC.

These tracks in all these next gen racers do take an enormous amount of modeling time, and those modelers don't work for free, especially if overtime is factored in. Plus if contracted, there's an extra profit margin. Some kids won't know about the "up to two year" thing in GT and will wonder why all these goodies weren't on the Blu-ray. Heck, just looking at Andalucia, I can easily see that being a two year job or more! Man, I want to string those streets together so bad, and run the course out into the country too!

I don't know, we'll see what the market says. But personally, I'll buy every single track, especially those legacy guys from past games no matter how Standard they look. But I keep mentioning tesselation in the devkits, and I'm hoping that it's in there, and can be used to polish up both the cars and tracks much better for GT6.

Did they just compare a GT game to a hardcore PC sim? .The day has come :eek:

I'm amazed myself. 👍 Looks like Kaz and PD has fulfilled their dreams of making GT6 the REAL driving simulator of console sims (even beating Enthusia and hearing others impressions here on GTP), as it was said GT6 is close to matching PC sims. That's incredible! :D

Congratz to Kaz and PD! 👍👍

Hopefully the vague rubberiness of GT5 is replaced by a PC-sim level of feel and involvement, but I won't get my hopes up. If they at least offer PC levels of wheel and view adjustment it will make a difference, but actually the physics do look markedly improved from what we have seen, although in that regard GT5 really falls so far short it's a joke, and it's clear they were aware of this (how could they not be?), hence the engine has been totally renewed. At least cars look like they have mass now.

Oh, the pain, the pain... wait, I haven't eaten all day! GAH!!

Okay, brupper, then racing... darn it, I'd rather race than eat...

Congratz to Kaz and PD! 👍👍
I can't ditto this enough. This game will rock SO HARD! I have to think that Drive Club will still have GT6 in its rear view mirror coming on strong.

I can't ditto this enough. This game will rock SO HARD! I have to think that Drive Club will still have GT6 in its rear view mirror coming on strong.

Haha, GT6 will rock so hard, it'll shake the Earth by its greatness. :lol: I think both GT6 and DriveClub will be great games, may own both, but my eyes will mostly be on GT6. :)👍

Can't wait for the Demo, the new physics is exciting me to much!

Hopefully the vague rubberiness of GT5 is replaced by a PC-sim level of feel and involvement, but I won't get my hopes up. If they at least offer PC levels of wheel and view adjustment it will make a difference, but actually the physics do look markedly improved from what we have seen, although in that regard GT5 really falls so far short it's a joke, and it's clear they were aware of this (how could they not be?), hence the engine has been totally renewed. At least cars look like they have mass now.

I honestly didn't think much of the new physics engine when they first announced it but if really is that good then that is huge news.

Still will wait on this but exciting to try it out in July.

Any chance that brake balance can be set ? Does still works like in GT5 with ABS 1 - 5/5 default and unrealistic bias ? IMO, brake balance should be locked to factory setting, only changeable once brake balance controller installed, and ABS has no slider or value - only on/off switch until ABS controller installed. ABS controller would only control how the system will prevent lock up - aggressive or mild.

Posted this at another thread, I figure that someone who have tried the GT6 at Silverstone event might know something about ABS + brake balance behavior and implementation. If the same issue still exist as in GT5, then I will keep on driving without ABS :D

I know I would, and I'm really looking forward to it. Since that's there and improved, not sure why some others are making a big deal over a number of tracks. :sly:

I can understand though that there's a bit of an unpleasant surprise in the number of new tracks (especially after the remarks made by Lucas Ordonez that GT6 would have tons of tracks a short while back) and that they will be gradually added but at an extra cost, especially when racing online you need plenty of interesting tracks everyone already knows (and not everyone buys DLC).

For casually driving around though (which is what I tend to do most :lol:) a track editor offering far more possibilities, creative freedom and scenery options will keep me occupied for a long time.

And there's that huge premade Andalucía map where you apparantly can select routes using the already existing roads adding another element and which I look forward to the most currently.
I've suggested premade city sections available as maps myself many times on this forum so having almost exactly what I envisioned (even more than that judging from what I've seen and read so far) becoming available almost makes me forget about Standard cars. ;)

Yes, that comment basically made me hope for 15-20 new/classic tracks. Now we get 7 more surroundings than in the vanilla edition GT5. 7 which is not that much.

If we have even to subtract GT5's DLC-tracks from those 7, only 3 would remain. Only three. I kind of hope that DLC tracks remain DLC-tracks and we will actually get 7 new track surroundings plus the old DLCs as they might be made compatible with GT6.

Yes, that comment basically made me hope for 15-20 new/classic tracks. Now we get 7 more surroundings than in the vanilla edition GT5. 7 which is not that much.

If we have even to subtract GT5's DLC-tracks from those 7, only 3 would remain. Only three. I kind of hope that DLC tracks remain DLC-tracks and we will actually get 7 new track surroundings plus the old DLCs as they might be made compatible with GT6.

We still do not know if GT5's DLC tracks are counted from the 7 seems unlikely.

I don't know if this idea has been thrown out already here but...

What if, since GT6 is following on from 5 on the PS3, all DLC from 5, is not shipped with the game, but if you have the DLC on your PS3 account, then you can get that content in GT6. So that whole "only 3 new tracks" thing, wouldn't be true, and we get the DLC content from 5 back again.

It makes sense from a business sense for PD, because it will encourage players to go out and get that DLC now, and please fans by giving us a good chunk of new tracks.

I don't know if this idea has been thrown out already here but...

What if, since GT6 is following on from 5 on the PS3, all DLC from 5, is not shipped with the game, but if you have the DLC on your PS3 account, then you can get that content in GT6. So that whole "only 3 new tracks" thing, wouldn't be true, and we get the DLC content from 5 back again.

It makes sense from a business sense for PD, because it will encourage players to go out and get that DLC now, and please fans by giving us a good chunk of new tracks.

I still wouldn't find this business strategy acceptable unless GT6 is sold from day 1 at a 50% reduced price or so.

I'm surprised more people haven't latched on to this little tidbit more (even more so than the apparent planned DLC for cars). Now, either PD has a bunch of tracks currently being produced, and they'll all just happen to be finished roughly every month, in one month intervals, right after release, or they're intentionally holding some content back to later charge for it.
Beside this holding back thing there's a huge problem:
DLC tracks split the community.

It didn't work in the Forza Motorsport series. The result: FM4 had no DLC tracks at all.

I know a few friends refused to buy Motegi based off it's existence in GT4.
One of the reasons I didn't buy Motegi.

I still wouldn't find this business strategy acceptable unless GT6 is sold from day 1 at a 50% reduced price or so.

Actually, logically incorrect. Firstly, for anyone who already has the DLC, they would feel like they are having to buy the same stuff twice if it shipped with the game. Secondly, for those who don't have the DLC, they will be getting an equivalent number of tracks, just not the same ones. Think about it, either its 7 tracks, 4 of which are the same as the GT5 dlc, or its 7 totally new tracks. Either way, you get your 7, and its just a bonus if you have/get the DLC.

Edit:
I know a few friends refused to buy Motegi based off it's existence in GT4.

One of the reasons I didn't buy Motegi.

I also disagree with this reasoning. It implies it required no work on the part of the developer. Its not like just because it was in the last game, it should be in the next game, or can just be imported. The tracks will have either been remade or had alot of work done on them to bring them up to scratch for GT5. That all costs them money, and so I see it fair that we buy it.

• I predicted more than 100 tracks, though we're only getting 70-plus at launch. But they intend to produce a track a month! Who saw that coming? This likely means that the team has been slaving away at producing them for the past two years, and I suspect this means all legacy tracks will be available in time, another big wish of mine.

This sounds eerily suspicious. Not only has PD fallen into the modern trap of announcing large amounts of DLC ages beofre the game is even released, the claimed frequency of one track a month just screams already finished content that they're holding back to milk for the next 2 years.

Thats the modern games industry though. 👎

Actually, logically incorrect. Firstly, for anyone who already has the DLC, they would feel like they are having to buy the same stuff twice if it shipped with the game.

That's not how I look at DLC at all. I bought the car DLC for GT5, and would have no problems paying for GT6 with them included already. I paid for the early access to them in the then-current game. What I would have a problem with, is if they were again DLC for GT6. There's absolutely no reason for that.

That's why I didn't pay for Motegi (cheers drivatar :cheers: ).

Secondly, for those who don't have the DLC, they will be getting an equivalent number of tracks, just not the same ones. Think about it, either its 7 tracks, 4 of which are the same as the GT5 dlc, or its 7 totally new tracks. Either way, you get your 7, and its just a bonus if you have/get the DLC.

So what you're saying is sort of the equivalent of Sony's current Cross-Buy (or whatever it's called) deal, where I get the Vita version of a game tossed in when I buy a PS3 version? Only in this case, it's DLC that would be compatible with two PS3 games?

I could see that working, but I'm not sure if the DLC packs we have currently would work that way with GT6. LittleBigPlanet DLC works within LBP2, but PD made sure all the car pack cars were part of required update patches, so all we ever downloaded from the store were unlocks.

I also disagree with this reasoning. It implies it required no work on the part of the developer. Its not like just because it was in the last game, it should be in the next game, or can just be imported. The tracks will have either been remade or had alot of work done on them to bring them up to scratch for GT5. That all costs them money, and so I see it fair that we buy it.

Have you seen Motegi? It did require little work.

That's a potentially expensive rational you've got; I don't personally think there should be micro-transactions (or in the case of Motegi, a few dollars) thrown their way every time they update any assets to be appropriate for the current generation.

Really does it matter? If theres the option to buy dlc, its not a necessity to play the game. So if people have a problem with buying a games dlc because its an old track its their choice. A few bucks for a new track, even if not 'new' to the series doesn't matter to me. Won't break my pockets. I would pay for new old tracks. More the merrier, as dlc or not.

That's not how I look at DLC at all. I bought the car DLC for GT5, and would have no problems paying for GT6 with them included already. I paid for the early access to them in the then-current game. What I would have a problem with, is if they were again DLC for GT6. There's absolutely no reason for that.

I do agree with you there, I wouldn't be happy to see the same stuff that was DLC in 5, seperate DLC in 6. Take Spa as an example. For someone who never bought Spa in GT5, how does it make any difference to them whether one of the 7 new tracks is Bathurst (lets just say for arguments sake) instead of Spa. They still get 1 new track either way. Now I understand that in this case, it's not particularly valid, in that graphically I suspect GT5 and 6 will be fairly similar, and therefore there would not be much work from PD to get Spa into GT6. However for a track from GT4 on PS2, to make the transition on PS3, I think would be more work, and therefore more acceptable for us to have to pay for it.

So what you're saying is sort of the equivalent of Sony's current Cross-Buy (or whatever it's called) deal, where I get the Vita version of a game tossed in when I buy a PS3 version? Only in this case, it's DLC that would be compatible with two PS3 games?

I could see that working, but I'm not sure if the DLC packs we have currently would work that way with GT6. LittleBigPlanet DLC works within LBP2, but PD made sure all the car pack cars were part of required update patches, so all we ever downloaded from the store were unlocks.

Yeh, that was basically what I was suggesting. As you've pointed out, for it to work in GTs case, the content would have to be on the disc already, and only unlock if you have the DLC already from 5, and I can see people getting very upset about that (understandably). However, for me, given that I already bought the GT5 track DLC, I would rather see 7 totally new locations, and see my already bought content carried through. For people who don't have the DLC, I can see that they might feel hard done by though.

"Now that we know GT6 is a PlayStation 3 game, can you explain to fans why that is? Do you have any plans for PS4?"

"We do have plans for PS4, but, of course, we have an order of things.

First we’ll be releasing the PS3 version for the PS3, which has a huge audience already, and we’ll be providing updates every month and DLCs every month.

Once players have played it all out and enjoyed themselves on the PS3, then the PS4 version might come out naturally around that time (laughs). Focus on enjoying the PS3 version." Seems like GT6 will be a cross-gen game......:eek:

"Now that we know GT6 is a PlayStation 3 game, can you explain to fans why that is? Do you have any plans for PS4?"

First we’ll be releasing the PS3 version for the PS3, which has a huge audience already, and we’ll be providing updates every month and DLCs every month.

Once players have played it all out and enjoyed themselves on the PS3, then the PS4 version might come out naturally around that time (laughs). Focus on enjoying the PS3 version." Seems like GT6 will be a cross-gen game......:eek:

I was thinking the same thing. I read the words "version" many times in that paragraph. Now either its just a language thing, and its irrelevant, or to me, that implies heavily that there will be a seperate "version" of GT6 on PS4 later to come...

Am I the only one who spotted the Corvette in the trailer? Just curious.

RACECAR

You mean during the multiple car scene? Yeah I think I saw the C7.

I also saw a Viper but I couldn't tell which one it was. New one maybe :dopey:

I made this video about an hour after the trailer came out, and I said it in the video. Some guys commented saying I was BS'ing, but good to know someone else thought the same.

Edit: go to around 1:13 for the possible C7 clip at Andalucia.

Back