Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

I won't purchase a PS4 and GT6 unless the game gets really awesome reviews and good feedback on GTP. I'm certainly not buying a PS4 before it comes out.

GT Planet was raving about GT5 for the first two months it was out, you couldn't find a word of criticism in the beginning: took people a while to see the limitations with the game.

i think, in the off chance this isn't a miscommunication, a likely scenario would be GT6P. Showcase new physics, promise better graphics.

GT Planet was raving about GT5 for the first two months it was out, you couldn't find a word of criticism in the beginning: took people a while to see the limitations with the game.

Which GTP were you visiting? There was a lot of criticism from day 1.

Doesn't seem right at all,we surely would have heard an announcment already.

Possibly because last time they had a reveal announcement, the game got delays.

If for some reason GT6 is a PS3 title that means that PD has already begun work on the PS4 GT that could be out around 2017.

Im just guessing things here so don't flame me too hard :sly:

Would they really have GT6 on the PS3 when it hasn't even been officially announced yet? I certainly can't see it releasing for the PS3 anytime in 2014 and I doubt that they would announce it 5 or so months before it would actually hit shelves.

It's possible to be both for PS3 and PS4 but in the PS4 version would have more options, cars, tracks, racing mods, online options, etc. A much better version so to speak.

I guess it could be a launch game for the ps4 like gt was a launch game for the PSP.

I wouldn't mind seeing gt6 for the ps3 since I have one and next gen in 2 years for the ps4.

Given the cost of development, GT6 on PS3 makes more sense if the release is sooner rather than later. The PS4 won't be profitable or have a decent install base until 2015.

If GT6 is released on PS4 then we won't see it until Christmas 2014 or midway through 2015 at the earliest. If it is released for the upcoming holidays, it will be a PS3 title to drive the final stage of the PS3 life cycle.

There has been 2 full GT releases per console cycle so far (GT1, GT2 - PS1)(GT3, GT4 - PS2). It is feasible that the plan is to have 2 for PS3 as well.

There has been 2 full GT releases per console cycle so far (GT1, GT2 - PS1)(GT3, GT4 - PS2). It is feasible that the plan is to have 2 for PS3 as well.
If they were still following that pattern GT6 would already be released by now though, yet it's not even announced. Also, we didn't have updates and DLC on PS1 and PS2, did we?

I hate the "2 GT titles per console" argument. It's not one bit relevant.

Not anymore, no. But when Kaz's "GT6 should be super fast to develop" statements were in full swing and there was an entire year of trade expos that they could have announced it at it was a perfectly valid thing to point to in addition.

Not anymore, no. But when Kaz's "GT6 should be super fast to develop" statements were in full swing and there was an entire year of trade expos that they could have announced it at it was a perfectly valid thing to point to in addition.
He also said it will be the GT5 engine which I highly doubt will work on the PS4 because its completely different hardware

I've always thought GT6 would be for PS3 and be an expanded, smartened-up version of GT5 with tons more content, effectively what GT2 was to GT1, and GT4 to GT3.

Gran Turismo has never really been a launch title so makes sense that we will see GT6 drop some time this year whilst PD work on GT7 for PS4, which should see the light of day in 2014/2015 (or later, but hopefully not!)

I just hope 2013 releases on PS3 don't get overshadowed by the release of PS4 in the latter part of the year, as there are some awesome-looking titles coming soon.

He also said it will be the GT5 engine which I highly doubt will work on the PS4 because its completely different hardware

But we were also told that PS4 development started in 2008 and Kaz had a say in it, it's therefore very possibly the engine was created with the PS4 in mind, just like many other game engines are cross platform/architecture.

But we were also told that PS4 development started in 2008 and Kaz had a say in it, it's therefore very possibly the engine was created with the PS4 in mind, just like many other game engines are cross platform/architecture.

A bunch of gaming developers had a say into the PS4, not just Kaz.

It's a simple mistake imo. Games don't get "officially" announced by the mouths of executives from a simple interview. Then again, how do you mess up as to mention GT6 out of the blue?

*edit

If the tracks we saw from the NSX trailer isn't given to us by the form of DLC, then perhaps it'll be for GT6 on the PS3. It's pretty clear they were the typical low-res GT5 detailed tracks, and not PS4 quality. We definitely need to wait for e3. I personally always had that 0.00001 percent feeling that GT6 might make it to the PS3. It would be shocking to me if it ends up true.

Last edited:
GT5 was in development a few years before 2008 so I doubt its engine will work in the PS4

A bunch of gaming developers had a say into the PS4, not just Kaz.

I didn't say otherwise.

GT5 was in development a few years before 2008 so I doubt its engine will work in the PS4

It wasn't finished by then and so was Unreal Engine, so was EGO engine, so was RAGE engine. Or if you want a PS exclusive one how about the Naughty Dog engine? Do you think they'll start from scratch on PS4? I could go on but the point is engines can be modified and morphed to work with different architectures. You can't just bluntly say that the GT5 engine won't work on PS4 because the architecture is different.

So by your reckoning whenever we get a new architecture or radical hardware design a company has to start a new engine from scratch for each one?

It wasn't finished by then and so was Unreal Engine, so was EGO engine, so was RAGE engine. Or if you want a PS exclusive one how about the Naughty Dog engine? Do you think they'll start from scratch on PS4? I could go on but the point is engines can be modified and morphed to work with different architectures. You can't just bluntly say that the GT5 engine won't work on PS4 because the architecture is different.
GT5 engine should work on PS4 with a little work on PDs side but I do think they will rework their engine a lot more to take advantage of PS4s power, starting probably a fresh in some areas that were heavily limited by the PS3.

Of course I'm not denying it will need some work and updating, no engine stands still. I just think it's wrong to dismiss GT6 being on PS4 because Kaz said it would run on the GT5 engine.

Back