Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

Well, I doubt DriveClub will be a sim though. Regardless, I do agree that the two games can't coincide, for DriveClub's sake.

Are you going to drop this yet? Yes it's on PS3, yes it makes sense and you (and many others) are happy. You don't have to keep trying to validate your opinion against those who still aren't happy.

Who thought I was trying to validate? :confused: I only posted that link in this thread just in case, that's all. :\

Who thought I was trying to validate? :confused: I only posted that link in this thread just in case, that's all. :\

Beat me to it. Yeah, not sure what the reason was to get all worked up about, how I see it is that you were just trying to add content to the thread topic.💡

Beat me to it. Yeah, not sure what the reason was to get all worked up about, how I see it is that you were just trying to add content to the thread topic.💡

Haha. 👍 Yes, that's excatly what I did. I thought it would be okay to add more into the thread, you know? :)

Well, I doubt DriveClub will be a sim though. Regardless, I do agree that the two games can't coincide, for DriveClub's sake.

From what I saw at the PS4 event in Feb, I see it like this:

DriveClub = Grid. A hybrid sim, arcade racer.

Sony did something a little similar with GT3 and the PS2. There was Driving Emotion Type-S that released a couple months after the console launched. I bought it just for something to play on the PS2 until GT3 hit the shelves and never touched it again.

Jerome

From what I saw at the PS4 event in Feb, I see it like this:

DriveClub = Grid. A hybrid sim, arcade racer.

Sony did something a little similar with GT3 and the PS2. There was Driving Emotion Type-S that released a couple months after the console launched. I bought it just for something to play on the PS2 until GT3 hit the shelves and never touched it again.

Jerome

First game I bought for the PS2,I remember how amazed I was with the graphics in that one,enjoyed alot for what it was actually.

Are you going to drop this yet? Yes it's on PS3, yes it makes sense and you (and many others) are happy. You don't have to keep trying to validate your opinion against those who still aren't happy.
The article is valid if you read it - the title is just a tag-line. I would have posted it myself hours ago if I didn't have other things to do.

I see the 78% friendlier bit didn't last very long...

The article is valid if you read it - the title is just a tag-line. I would have posted it myself hours ago if I didn't have other things to do.

I see the 78% friendlier bit didn't last very long...

Excatly. :)👍 I forgot to say the name I posted was actually the name of the article, haha. :P

Guess Samus thought I was the one who wrote that above the link, hehe.

Driving Emotion Type-S was game published by Squaresoft (developed by Escape) and it has nothing to do with Sony or can be of any example related to release of GT6 on PS3.

DriveClub can't be compared to Grid games by any mean. What I know so far woould make it comparable only to Forza Motorsport (casual simulation, not an arcade by any mean) but the focus of the game will be completely different. Also, Driveclub will be awesome game. You will see soon.

Excatly. :)👍 I forgot to say the name I posted was actually the name of the article, haha. :P

Guess Samus thought I was the one who wrote that above the link, hehe.

I guess you should have quoted it and he probably wouldn't had it confused to being your own words, lol.

Definitely not the Aston Martin. They just released photos today and it doesn't line up. Here's to hoping we're getting a glimpse at the new Z!

DriveClub can't be compared to Grid games by any mean. What I know so far woould make it comparable only to Forza Motorsport (casual simulation, not an arcade by any mean) but the focus of the game will be completely different. Also, Driveclub will be awesome game. You will see soon.

Ooh. Sounds good. :)

Now I can't wait to hear more about it. I'm hoping E3 will show more.

Funny you say it's comparable to Forza and that it's a casual simulation and not GT. I've never truly tested Forza's physics, but I hear it's close to GT. I guess not?

Funny you say it's comparable to Forza and that it's a casual simulation and not GT. I've never truly tested Forza's physics, but I hear it's close to GT. I guess not?

They're definitely close. 👍 They're both going after the same level of realism, but neither has nailed it yet.

The 5.15 reveal.

GT6-e1368023109637.jpg

The 2017 Porsche 960.

porsche-960-updated-inline-photo-514518-s-original.jpg

Might as well swing for the fences... right?:)

I think its an production model of the Honda HSV.

If you imagine this without the rearwing it would fit perfectly
Honda-HSV-010-GT_5.jpg

This only shows that every modern sports car looks the same.

:lol:

Journalist: I've test-driven a lot of the cars. Modern cars now drive quite alike – often it's hard to appreciate the difference between them. In the game there's always a difference between two cars – what do you do to enhance that difference?

Kazunori Yamauchi: It's really because the body structure and layout of the cars are becoming almost identical that we came up with different cars. For example, if you take the Ferrari 458 Italia and the Ford GT and look just at the body they're almost identical and you can't really tell them apart.

I think it's just that sports cars have evolved to that point now.
For the character of each of the cars, manufacturers focus on providing different sounds that the driver will experience in the car, and also the steering and driving feel.

They would treat things like the feel of the power steering and I guess some of the cars have an adjustable power steering feel. There's many cars where, by turning this knob, you have a very different character in the same car.

On the base part Gran Turismo is pretty much the same. In terms of character you'll find of course that older cars have a stronger one. You'll find that especially so when you compare cars with the same power ratio over those of an older era – the difference is much greater in older cars.

I hope PD adds a few dubstep tracks to the game. No, ****ing skrillex tho, just for lulz. They nailed with D&B imho.

I hope PD adds a few dubstep tracks to the game. No, ****ing skrillex tho, just for lulz. They nailed with D&B imho.

Not a great fan of dubstep myself but agree that PD nailed it with D&B last time, loved hearing all the tracks i had been raving to for years...

More please PD!! :)

Of all things I can't stand about the new NFS games this gen, the one thing I feel they've mastered is the ability to play custom Playlists using in-game options in the options menus even with voice chat on whilst online.

Not enough PS3 games have this feature. Wish there were more and I hope it gets brought to Kazunori/Polyphony's attention for GT6.

Back