Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

True. I don't know what the people present at the event were thinking. Not one person tested the Quattro, Countach or A-110, no crashes, no smoky spins to look for pixelation in the tyre smoke. Either people were too caught up in the excitement and forgot to try out those things, or something happened that PD doesn't want us to know about... :nervous:

There is tyre smoke in one of the videos I posted in the video thread
And some Quattro ghost
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8489962#post8489962

And the rest of the screen caps from the 720p version of the video here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8490050#post8490050

smooth 👍

keXE64a.jpg

YH6PK4Z.jpg

Last edited:
I get the feeling that this is what we'll be seeing most with the new graphics engine, not necessarily a huge improvement in overall quality as some may expect / want but rather a lot of more subtle improvements like with the smoke and presumably shadows too among other things.

GT5 was too dark, especially the interior view and at night, GT6 looks much better with the greater dynamic range of the HDR lighting. That's the biggest difference I see

Also the thumbs go around the steering wheel now :)
j7Y2R0Z.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I like the new gauge for the gas. And looks like there's more to the tires... Hmmm. And what's that next the gear number? A car with some squigglies. What does that mean....

I like the new gauge for the gas. And looks like there's more to the tires... Hmmm. And what's that next the gear number? A car with some squigglies. What does that mean....

That sir is traction control, Or rather an indicator as to if its kicking in or not :).

Has anyone notices on the replay HUD, there's the oil lamp, high beam, the slippery car icon, and theres another one : the engine icon if not mistaken, I wonder what that means ? Engine damage or blow out possible due to hard abuse/over rev ?

Has anyone notices on the replay HUD, there's the oil lamp, high beam, the slippery car icon, and theres another one : the engine icon if not mistaken, I wonder what that means ? Engine damage or blow out possible due to hard abuse/over rev ?

It's handbrake icon, nothing new.

I think the slippery car icon might be replacing the triangle with the '!' in it, that represented when the driving aids were kicking in.

No more blocky shadows, no more pixelated smoke, now hands seems to hold the steering wheel with the fingers in the right position.

All good in the graphics and detail department.

No more blocky shadows, no more pixelated smoke, now hands seems to hold the steering wheel with the fingers in the right position.

All good in the graphics and detail department.

Sure is. I wonder if we'll be able to see tire smoke in the rear view now. It's silly, after all this time playing GT5 I still check my rearview looking for my burnout!

Think it's the third time I ask this question on the last week, but still: is there any footage (photos or videos) about the countach's interior in gt6? Really interested in that one.

Don't think so yet!

But it had moving headlights I believe, which (I believe at this moment) may indicate that it may be one of the upgraded standard models.

Since I just saw someone ask about the Countach's interior and if there are any pictures of it out there (props to whoever it was), I kinda want to throw this out there as a "what if". What if the Countach & A-110 are actually what some, if not most/all, previously standard cars will look like.

I'm not talking premium quality, I'm just trying to say that what if that's what some of the standards in GT6 will look like. The standards that have been "prettied" up you know? Just wanted to add a bit of a stir if this post made some sense :P haha

Back