Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

I don't think PD have done much to the standards - if they have done anything at all. I mean, why do very little work instead of doing the premium-overhaul? To me, the only explanation must be that time wasn't on their side.

And what would you be basing this idea on? As far as I'm aware, non of the former standards which have not been fully converted, have been shown yet.

It's less surprising that we're seeing the PS3 version first. As SCEE president Jim Ryan points out, Gran Turismo has a tradition of releasing two games per generation. "If you look at the difference between GT and GT2, and GT3 and GT4, the change is not incremental. It's absolutely massive," says Ryan.

"We're very confident that you'll see the step change between GT5 and GT6 as on the previous platform iterations. There's a sense of very much unfinished business on PS3."

Makes a lot of sense.

I don't think PD have done much to the standards - if they have done anything at all. I mean, why do very little work instead of doing the premium-overhaul? To me, the only explanation must be that time wasn't on their side.

Since they refused to allow them to be used in phototravel mode in GT5 but are happy to allow them to be used in GT6 they seem far more confident in their models this time around.

The only thing I'm upset about is the interior view. There is no reason for bringing all the standards back with no minor- detailed interior view. I don't want to be in a pitchblack cockpit again.

The only thing I'm upset about is the interior view. There is no reason for bringing all the standards back with no minor- detailed interior view. I don't want to be in a pitchblack cockpit again.

You're in luck,they won't even have that :lol:

Gaz Vonhammer
Is this true? It would mean I cant drive the standards again.

He means the interior views. Every car from GT5 will be in GT6, though judging by Kazunori's interview it seems that not all cars will have interior views - most likely the Standards.

We simply do not know yet. I got the impression than interior view would be available for some of the former standards but the 'no interior' comment is a bit worrying. I don't really like the bumper view and found the black cockpit to be far more acceptable, which is weird as it is essentially the same view.

I think the mind tricks you in this regard. Without cocpit view I can't judge how close I might be to a car in front - with, it's a lot easier s your mind 'fills in' the likely amount of space that a bonnet will take up - unless it's the E-Type...

He means the interior views. Every car from GT5 will be in GT6, though judging by Kazunori's interview it seems that not all cars will have interior views - most likely the Standards.

Thanks.

I only drive dash view. If the standards have lost the interiors like GT5 pre spec 2.0, I wont drive them.

@MeanElf

I'm the same. I prefer the restricted view otherwise I don't concentrate, and feel like i'm playing Ridge Racer.

Last edited:
I`m just worried about the suspension in standard cars. The premium cars are worked for long periods in order to archive perfection. However the standards are just cheap models of cars, without the goal of archiving the same perfection. I just don`t whana see a recent standard muscle car bouncing like classic mustangs :D

I`m just worried about the suspension in standard cars. The premium cars are worked for long periods in order to archive perfection. However the standards are just cheap models of cars, without the goal of archiving the same perfection. I just don`t whana see a recent standard muscle car bouncing like classic mustangs :D

Oh I dunno, the newer mustangs are known to have some pretty poor springs in them...

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm late to the party regarding the "mystery car", but this was just posted on Autoblog. Aston Martin just teased this video of the supposed Aston Martin V12 Vantage S.

I'm not sure if I'm late to the party regarding the "mystery car", but this was just posted on Autoblog. Aston Martin just teased this video of the supposed Aston Martin V12 Vantage S.

Possible I'd say, but only if they're doing something major to the front end. Which may be possible considering that every Aston has had a facelift save for the Vantage...

Good spot. 👍

Your avatar rocks BTW. :P

Haha, yeah I made that about 8 or 9 years ago. It follows me around to every forum I create an account on.

From playstation blog:

Why is Gran Turismo 6 debuting on PS3, rather than PS4?
JR: You had GT1 and GT2 on PS one, GT3 and GT4 on PS2, then there’s GT5 on PS3 and a space next to it. The difference between Gran Turismo and GT2 is unbelievable, but they’re both on the same platform. The difference between GT3 and GT4 is huge. We’re absolutely confident when GT6 comes, you’ll see a big step change up from GT5 too. There’s still a lot of potential on PS3 that a developer like Polyphony can really exploit.
And the other factor is that on PS3 we have an install base of 70 million units. On PS4 on launch day we’ll have an install base of zero units. There’ll be plenty of games to help drive PS4 – not least Driveclub in the racing genre from Evolution Studios, a studio with a fantastic pedigree.

So we wont see GT6 on PS4 for a while....

Spy.

This article over at Geek.com makes a lot of sense:

Gran Turismo 6 is on PS3 because of 70 million consoles

It references this 5-23-2013 Playstation.Blog interview:

Gran Turismo 6: Kazunori Yamauchi and Jim Ryan on 15 years of GT

Why is Gran Turismo 6 debuting on PS3, rather than PS4?
JR: You had GT1 and GT2 on PS one, GT3 and GT4 on PS2, then there’s GT5 on PS3 and a space next to it. The difference between Gran Turismo and GT2 is unbelievable, but they’re both on the same platform. The difference between GT3 and GT4 is huge. We’re absolutely confident when GT6 comes, you’ll see a big step change up from GT5 too. There’s still a lot of potential on PS3 that a developer like Polyphony can really exploit.

And the other factor is that on PS3 we have an install base of 70 million units. On PS4 on launch day we’ll have an install base of zero units. There’ll be plenty of games to help drive PS4 – not least Driveclub in the racing genre from Evolution Studios, a studio with a fantastic pedigree.

Last edited:
All of which has been posted up at least once on this thread, c'mon guys, at least try first to see if this is news here or not.

Excuse the oversight, was not intentional, went back a few pages before posting, but I guess I did not go back far enough.

Here is a break down of what IGN said about GT6.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/28/gran-turismo-6-racing-around-silverstone

Graphics - Visually, the game’s on another level. That’s easy to say and often harder to quantify, but even from the early build shown, the difference is clear. The lighting and texturing alone already look better than anything seen in GT5, and wire-frame models of individual components like light fixtures or interior dashboards reveal a level of detail and intricacy that invites madness if you stare at it for too long.

Physics - More obvious is the improved physics, with cars leaning near-perfectly into corners. Yamauchi credits much of this to new partnerships with the likes of Japan’s Yokohama Rubber, advising on tire resistance, and Germany’s KW Automotive, lending expertise on suspension. These join the likes of Nissan on the list of high-spec motor industry companies that have contributed to making the series ever more authentic.

User Control - But how does it handle? Jumping behind the wheel of a virtual Nismo 350Z and taking it around the newly included International Circuit at Silverstone reveals that the greatest improvement so far is a quantum leap in responsiveness. In fact, handling was so significantly improved – particularly when using the immersive force-feedback steering wheel and floor pedals – that it took a few laps to get to grips with it, as the initial tendency was to put more effort into steering than proved necessary. Figuring out when to change gears proved key, with a first-lap schoolboy error on approach to a particularly sharp corner leaving me struggling to regain power and acceleration on the straight.

Questions - What remains to be seen is how GT6 improves as a whole.

After reading this, I am even more excited to get this game.:)

Back