Gran Turismo 6 general Physics Discussion(as well as video)

I had a search on the thread and couldn't see it mentioned (correct me if I'm wrong), but has anyone picked up on this:

I'm refering to a "Driving Physics" option. This is something that was not in GT5, but was in GTPSP. You could change it from "Professional" or "Normal" (or something like that). I know games like Forza have this option. I don't know exactly how it works but I can only assume options like that make the driving physics easier to handle the car etc. for casual players.

You think it's the same thing here?
We already have in GT5 a physics option.

We already have in GT5 a physics option.

I think you are confusing it with one of the old wheel options. For the GT Force, Driving force and Driving Force EX, there is an option, but it is just for the wheel feedback, its not physics related.

Audi Slide

a56u8l.gif

Oh my bad, I was talking about the grip reduction setting (which online often gets called physics).

:lol:

Perhaps they simply renamed it? Or expanded it?

Oh my bad, I was talking about the grip reduction setting (which online often gets called physics).

:lol:

Perhaps they simply renamed it? Or expanded it?

Oh yeh. I know what you mean now. It used to be in the "Track Settings" thing where you could change weather effects etc. Yes, it's possible that's been moved in there. But they wouldn't have a whole section just for that, lol. Must be more in there.

Oh yeh. I know what you mean now. It used to be in the "Track Settings" thing where you could change weather effects etc. Yes, it's possible that's been moved in there. But they wouldn't have a whole section just for that, lol. Must be more in there.
Where can I find the video?

I'm refering to a "Driving Physics" option. This is something that was not in GT5, but was in GTPSP. You could change it from "Professional" or "Normal" (or something like that). I know games like Forza have this option.
Oh poop, that's intriguing. And dang it, that probably WON'T be in the GT Academy demo, unless PD is going to give us a few goodies to hold us over until GT6 ships.

Maaan... I have GOT to run that Audi R8 around the Nurb!

Which video? I posted a screen shot, you mean where did I get that screenshot from?
Yes, the screenshot must come from a video.

Ahh, the nordschleife is just about 5 hours from here... :indiff:

I had a search on the thread and couldn't see it mentioned (correct me if I'm wrong), but has anyone picked up on this:

TpcSC4M.png

I'm refering to a "Driving Physics" option. This is something that was not in GT5, but was in GTPSP. You could change it from "Professional" or "Normal" (or something like that). I know games like Forza have this option. I don't know exactly how it works but I can only assume options like that make the driving physics easier to handle the car etc. for casual players.

You think it's the same thing here?
It currently only has Controller Steering Sensitivity adjustment under it.

It was actually from Jordan's gameplay video. Click this link to go to the exact time you see the options screen.
Missing points are the following:

• Grip Reduction on wet track/edge
  • Mechanical Damage
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity
I expect these to be under driving physics.

Just as they put all driving aids under "assists".

You were too fast, damnit!

Ok, only CSS so far. Still expect the other elements to be included.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up man. I suspect more things will be added (as dr_slump mentioned) and potentially some new options?

I do recall in the interview this:
I’ve mentioned some of this before but we are improving a lot of the driver assist functions for GT6.
So perhaps an easier physics model for casual/lower skilled players will also be implemented like in GTPSP?

Edit: If this is the case, I would hope to ONLY see it in arcade mode. People need to learn how to play properly in GT mode imo ;)

Ahh thanks for clearing that up man. I suspect more things will be added (as dr_slump mentioned) and potentially some new options?

I do recall in the interview this:

So perhaps an easier physics model for casual/lower skilled players will also be implemented like in GTPSP?
If active stability management, skid recovery force, traction control, abs, active steering and grip reduction low still can't make your car driveable, then one needs serious help.
Brain swap recommended in that case (I'm a doc).

If active stability management, skid recovery force, traction control, abs, active steering and grip reduction low still can't make your car driveable, then one needs serious help.
Brain swap recommended in that case (I'm a doc).

Haha, I don't disagree, but from what I see in lobbies, there are plenty of people who need it! :ill:

Haha, I don't disagree, but from what I see in lobbies, there are plenty of people who need it! :ill:
So perhaps we need a braking and steering assist just as in certain ehm... F1CE? I'm not sure about F1CE, can't really remember.

Braking assist does all the braking and steering assist holds the line no matter how retarded your steering input is. I'm serious, I tried it. I just forgot which game it was.

So perhaps we need a braking and steering assist just as in certain ehm... F1CE? I'm not sure about F1CE, can't really remember.

Braking assist does all the braking and steering assist holds the line no matter how retarded your steering input is. I'm serious, I tried it. I just forgot which game it was.

Oh snap!

Well, it's true. I didn't really have to drive anymore.

I didn't have to touch brake once! Full throttle the whole time and planless steering left and right like a donkey. The assists did everything for you.

Forza 4 also has autobraking. The 1dt race scared me lol. I thoght I was doing something wrong.

I always hate it if the actual guy speaks german and then an english commentator translates it... sorry, I just can't watch the video.

Worst in-game video I've seen. So slow, and way too ****ed up steering. I know it was to show the new physics but dude.. Did you drive with one hand, lol :P A few times would've been ok and then driven like you should have driven. Disappointing video. :(

I always hate it if the actual guy speaks german and then an english commentator translates it... sorry, I just can't watch the video.

You'd rather be clueless as to what the fellow speaking a language foreign to you, was speaking? THAT is weird.

Back