Gran Turismo 6 general Physics Discussion(as well as video)

Less draft if you are to back a car before you are just braking, please.
I crash guys for this reason...i need take other driving line for lose the draft before brake.

Less please.

Example circuits:
Monza
Indy-circuit
Fuji

Just all this tracks for High speed.
You forgot Daytona road course.

In the first video, i dont know if the car have RS tires and the guy drive slow, or
the car is very sensitive to turn, because turn very fast, with that nobody need
a 900º steering wheels...fix that KY lol

Last edited:
Dare I say it, GT6 looks to have superior car/suspension movement than iRacing... :bowdown::cheers:

You can only compare race cars to race cars in terms of suspension travel, body roll, etc. Throw up a comparison video from GT5.

I do know one thing for certain though. No car in GT5 sounds that good!!!

"With a wheel and pedals, GT6 demands as much from you as hardcore PC sims GTR 2 and rFactor. The sound mix is set to highlight lock-ups and tyre squeals..."

The added focus on lock-ups and tire squeal is a welcome addition to those that like to dabble in noABS racing.

Great job for the "Edge effect" but, what happened after if you buy strong coilovers?
goodbye effect.

The shuffle rooms would more hard, sound nice :)

The mixing for the tyre noises in GT5 struck me as odd - if a car was behind you, the tyre noise is what you would hear, instead of their engine.

I really can't to see the tire and suspension physics take it off road in GT6. If the new physics is this good on tarmac, imagine on dirt and snow! :D

I really can't to see the tire and suspension physics take it off road in GT6. If the new physics is this good on tarmac, imagine on dirt and snow! :D

Yea, PD seem to do a lot of physics testing on dirt and snow. :nervous::indiff: [/sarcasm]

It's never been their strong point, among many other things. But I'm sure it'll feel different. Different can be good.

Yea, PD seem to do a lot of physics testing on dirt and snow. :nervous::indiff: [/sarcasm]

It's never been their strong point, among many other things. But I'm sure it'll feel different. Different can be good.

I'm thinking it should handle something like Enthusia's off road physics but better (if possible). :)

Any word (or evidence) that they fixed the torque steer issue from GT5? That iRacing video reminded me how much GT5 lacked in some departments.

"With a wheel and pedals, GT6 demands as much from you as hardcore PC sims GTR 2 and rFactor. The sound mix is set to highlight lock-ups and tyre squeals..."

The added focus on lock-ups and tire squeal is a welcome addition to those that like to dabble in noABS racing.

Look forward to this too, no aids, 0 ABS here, and I also run Game Stock Car (rFactor Engine) on PC.
Hopefully the GTA/GT6 Demo coming in July should provide a good enough preview for comparison.

Any word (or evidence) that they fixed the torque steer issue from GT5? That iRacing video reminded me how much GT5 lacked in some departments.

Saidur said the version he played at Silverstone still didn't have torque steer off the line, it was however still an early build.

People must have rose tinted glasses because Enthusia is not as good as you once thought! :)
It feels very slow and laggy to me
Given that I still play it from time to time my view isn't rose tinted.

EPR while still far from perfect has areas of its tyre and suspension model that still better what FM4 and GT5 offer.

I know I've posted these before, but they do illustrate what I mean.

That said, with the later updates GT5 did start to get close.

Tee. Hee. ;)

The way the cars communicate to me in Enthusia and Forza both are pretty bad, but worse in Enthusia than any other simmish car game I've ever played. I fully understand that others have a much different experience with them both, but mine isn't all that uncommon:
Most of those comments complaining about the weight to be seem to be using GT as a basemark, one of the issues I've always had with GT is that turn-in doesn't carry the weight it should. GT5 made good headway in this regard, but GT4 (which most of these would be comparing to) was nasty in this area.

Feel is an utterly subjective matter, however the underlying physics beneath that in EPR were more than solid for its day and still pass muster today in a lot of areas.

Feel is an utterly subjective matter, however the underlying physics beneath that in EPR were more than solid for its day and still pass muster today in a lot of areas.
While true, it has to communicate with the gamer in a way that a real race does. There are quite a few people who say the very same things about Forza in general, and it's this strange disconnect which has us frustrated. I would love to love Forza 4, because T10 put serious work into the suspension and tire dynamics. For me, they blow Enthusia out of the water, and I'd be painting and racing away in F4 to this day, tag teaming with GT5 and regretting the "safe" feeling all the GT5 cars have.

GT6 might have that rowdy dangerous edge Forza 4 has, or it might be lacking. The GT Academy demo will give us a hands on so we can all make up our minds as to how much closer to reality Gran Turismo is coming. But the Bilstein R8 video looks so good, as are the reviews from everyone who experienced the early build of the reveal demo, so I have high hopes for GT6.

I'm curious to hear more in-depth reviews of the physics from people that don't work for Official PlayStation Magazine.

GTPlanet User Tired Tyres posted a link recently in other thread.
It's from Radio Le Mans:
http://audio.rpix.org.uk/mwm/8/mwm8-19.mp3

In the last 8 or 9 minutes of this broadcast it's been said:
They actually now modelling things like sidewall flex. They actually looking how different tires would grip the road. Old fashioned cross-ply or modern ones(?)
It's also said PD actually models behaviour of old fashioned cross-ply tires as well as modern ones and that tires sidewall flex will be visible (!) and you'll be able to feel it.

Wasn't the last demo for GT5 physics vastly different from the release version?
At the time I had no wheel only the DS3 and couldn't drive for toffee.

Be interesting to use a wheel on the demo and see what the fuss is about. Hopefully we get to sample all the drive train models.

GTPlanet User Tired Tyres posted a link recently in other thread.
It's from Radio Le Mans:
http://audio.rpix.org.uk/mwm/8/mwm8-19.mp3

In the last 8 or 9 minutes of this broadcast it's been said:

It's also said PD actually models behaviour of old fashioned cross-ply tires as well as modern ones and that tires sidewall flex will be visible (!) and you'll be able to feel it.

If true that's excellent news.

Would be good if they put brake wear, how in Kaido series:
http://cdn4.spong.com/screen-shot/k/a/kaidoracer226174l/_-Kaido-Racer-2-PS2-_.jpg

Red_Hot_Brakes.JPG

Everything I'm hearing sounds like that physics engine is the best thing since sliced bread(what is that good about sliced bread by the way :lol: ).

If it really is that good then I can not wait to get my hands on it.

If it's really is going to be as they say... Imagine old Dodge Hemi Challenger on those cross-ply tires at Seattle Circuit, trying to stay on the track. If only PD make the grip properly... Stock Challenger gets 0.68g on the skidpad, while in GT5 even on Comfort Hard achieves 0.85 lateral G easily. That's huuuuge difference. If they would get it right it won't be handling AT ALL. On short track it will be as fast as Daihatsu Copen :dopey: Fantastic :) Can't wait

Audi Slide

a56u8l.gif

I'm surprised nobody commented on this gif. Nobody noticed the way that the left side, especially the front, picks up when the Audi enters the slide and that the lost contact appears to affect the cars handling? This is a great example of how GT6 physics are better than GT5s.

Maybe someone can add on to what I am trying to say, but that lift looks amazing...

I'm surprised nobody commented on this gif. Nobody noticed the way that the left side, especially the front, picks up when the Audi enters the slide and that the lost contact appears to affect the cars handling? This is a great example of how GT6 physics are better than GT5s.

look the asphalt, the black way have more grip, they not drive on that
and for this, they lose the traction...

look the asphalt, the black way have more grip, they not drive on that
and for this, they lose the traction...

Good observation, but I wasn't referring to the reason why it looses traction. I was trying to point out that when the Audi does loose traction the left front appears to lift off of the ground, due to weight transfer/body roll.

Good observation, but I wasn't referring to the reason why it looses traction. I was trying to point out that when the Audi does loose traction the left front appears to lift off of the ground, due to weight transfer/body roll.

the rear is very strong and look, the car have 2 little jumps on rear and
in the front the left wheel stay on the air, anyways is the Edge Effect Beta xD.

Back