Gran Turismo 6 Master Car/Track List

• Thread starter Duphman
  • 906 comments
But they're going to be DLC.

Are they? Well that's news to me. :lol: They are definite DLC, so at least they'll be showing up within the first few months.

The car list also says, "Note that this list is one part of the cars planned for inclusion, and is subject to change."

I think that's another reason for there being cars missing.

I updated my list. With some stretch we can see how PD are mentioning 37 locations and 100 layouts.
This time with "layout" they're referring to reverse variations too.

zof8WVS.png

Anybody noticed that Rome Circuit is now called "Circuito di Roma"? This could be just a name change, but might also indicate some updates. Perhaps a new variation based on the old GT2 circuit?

Anyway, with all variations listed and shown so far, there's only room for a couple more ones to reach the advertised 100 layouts (at launch).

I updated my list. With some stretch we can see how PD are mentioning 37 locations and 100 layouts.
This time with "layout" they're referring to reverse variations too.

Anybody noticed that Rome Circuit is now called "Circuito di Roma"? This could be just a name change, but might also indicate some updates. Perhaps a new variation based on the old GT2 circuit?

Anyway, with all variations listed and shown so far, there's only room for a couple more ones to reach the advertised 100 layouts (at launch).

I know Jordan's pic showed Streets of Willow but the wording on the GT site has me worried.

"This famous circuit in California is now reaching its 60th anniversary, and is finally making an appearance in Gran Turismo. The Willow Springs International Raceway is a circuit that is located in a hilly region just outside of Los Angeles. Of its many layouts, the circuit we are introducing this time is the main course, the “Big Willow”. At 2.5 miles per lap, it is known for its high speed corners and undulating terrain."

I know Jordan's pic showed Streets of Willow but the wording on the GT site has me worried.

"This famous circuit in California is now reaching its 60th anniversary, and is finally making an appearance in Gran Turismo. The Willow Springs International Raceway is a circuit that is located in a hilly region just outside of Los Angeles. Of its many layouts, the circuit we are introducing this time is the main course, the “Big Willow”. At 2.5 miles per lap, it is known for its high speed corners and undulating terrain."
That was written months ago though. They also wrote that all cars and tracks from GT5 would be return which turned out to be false.

Not to mention the track numbers they originally gave were way off. I think Jordan showing it in game is enough to say it'll be there.

It could be that they haven't updated that part to reflect the actual game content. They reused the same wording of when they introduced it during E3.

Just as I remember saying back then, "introducing at this time" had to have meant basically "at E3 in this demo," rather than in GT6 in general.

They don't seem to have clarified but I don't recall seeing any of the full track yet, which is worrying. It'll be a shame if they only include the short track.

Its aslo worrying seeing a lack of new type road cars that are in current BTCC or WTCC.

I wish the original tracks got as much attention as Autumn Ring. Trial Mountain and Deep Forest would look beautiful at night.

They don't seem to have clarified but I don't recall seeing any of the full track yet, which is worrying. It'll be a shame if they only include the short track.
The Indy circuit is fine. The "full" (it's "extra", really) GP track doesn't really have that much more going for it, it's kind of more of the same-ish. It'd be nice, obviously, but not necessary to get that Brands experience.

Besides, the back of the full circuit's not as interesting to look at as the paddock area - deliberately chosen as an amphitheatre for dirt bikes way back when. Maybe that's why we've not seen it.

Just wish they would bring back some of the good ole tracks from previous gt's.

Just want Midfield but others would be okay.

The full course just simply gives you a longer track though, the Indy track can get boring in some games due to it being so short. Sometimes just doing the whole track is more fun because of the length. Plus whilst they were there I see no logical reason why they wouldn't scan the whole thing. Perhaps they did and they're saving the full layout for DLC.

Actually reading the description it sure sounds like they're talking about the GP layout:

tight corners repeat immediately after the starting line, and from half way through the course there are a number of ascending and descending high speed corners that make for a thrilling ride.

Those corners out the back are the only ones you could really describe as ascending and descending "high speed". Clark really doesn't fit the bill, neither does Graham Hill.

Last edited:
The full course just simply gives you a longer track though, the Indy track can get boring in some games due to it being so short. Sometimes just doing the whole track is more fun because of the length. Plus whilst they were there I see no logical reason why they wouldn't scan the whole thing. Perhaps they did and they're saving the full layout for DLC.

Yeah, or we could just wait and see if they actually have included both layouts, and perhaps even the rally-cross stuff :dopey:
The Indy circuit is the more involving because of those last few corners (Surtees -> McLaren in particular), in my opinion, though. I do like both layouts, but wouldn't miss the GP.

Honestly, it's almost impossible that they've not at least made provision for including it at some point, and it's unlikely it won't be in at launch given how short Indy is and how featureless (scenery-wise) GP is.

Yeah, or we could just wait and see if they actually have included both layouts, and perhaps even the rally-cross stuff :dopey:
The Indy circuit is the more involving because of those last few corners (Surtees -> McLaren in particular), in my opinion, though. I do like both layouts, but wouldn't miss the GP.

Honestly, it's almost impossible that they've not at least made provision for including it at some point, and it's unlikely it won't be in at launch given how short Indy is and how featureless (scenery-wise) GP is.

See edit.

on the GT6 site it says 7 new locations at launch, so are Ascari and GT arena not day 1 tracks

No I think it's more likely GT Arena and Goodwood are not considered 'locations'.

Or they just fudged numbers, as usual. They're all included in the 'Gran Turismo 6 track list' further down so I don't see how any of them could be DLC.

The "Base Models" and cars which have a version from a raceteam and another (Audi R8 LMS Ultra / Team Phoenix) caught my attention. The GT liveried Audi from the trailer makes me hope we'll get at least a basic livery editor for some race cars.

-> Damn! No Mid-Field, any Driving Park courses, Complex String, SSR11, Infineon/Sonoma Raceway, & even Red Rock Speedway...damn it! :indiff:

1197 machines including some returners from GT4. We're missing atleast 3 for 1200 and PD stated there will be over 1200. They're holding off on us for now.

"Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12"

^Definitely liking the possibilities of these 'base models". :eek:

I'm thinking the other way around; a livery editor would be applicable to all cars, the fact only race cars get the "Base Model" bit makes me think it's just to be able to paint them sans liveries. Sort of like how AutoArt has plain-body versions of some race car models :)

Surely a livery editor would not be applicable to any racecar with an official race livery from RL. Right? You would add these "base models" if you wanted your players to be able to edit livery on these race machines with their aero bodies intact, I would think..

When the Weider HSV GT500 came out as DLC I immediately thought, "Man what if we could get this in some sort of base color, totally plain, and then edit the scheme.." Of course a full blown editor would be great but I would've been thrilled with a royal blue HSV GT500 with a couple number plates! :mischievous:

(maybe paint the lower body black, and change the wheels, big Honda decal on the hood and rear quarter panels... delicious)

Last edited:
Surely a livery editor would not be applicable to any racecar with an official race livery from RL. Right? You would add these "base models" if you wanted your players to be able to edit livery on these race machines with their aero bodies intact, I would think..

Why not? Forza does it just fine; the only catch is, as soon as you enter the livery editor, the existing one disappears, and you're left with a blank car. A "base model", if you will :P.

I could very well be wrong, but I'm sticking with the idea that the base models are simply single-colour versions of existing cars.

Back