Gran Turismo 6 Master Car/Track List

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Duphman, May 10, 2013.

1. Flying Scots

Flying Scots

Someone noted that in japanese publicity appears the ARTA NSX GT500 2009?

2. CoolColJ

CoolColJ

expect more tracks

http://mb.mercedes-benz.com/en/article/8163/Kazunori Yamauchi: The Polygon Godfather

3. shirakawaa

shirakawaa Premium

GT5+DLC has 81 variations in total, including reverse variations.
    81+19 = 100 (including reverse)

This is in line with the 37 locations, 100 variations claim for GT6.
    If Matterhorn has 4 variations and none of them has a reverse variation, then I can too count in total 37 locations and exactly 100 variations including reverse ones for GT6.

Griffith500, Brutaka and mike3648 like this.
  4. Duphman

Duphman

I cannot tell if this is in game. If it is that means a new 2009 ARTA GT NSX-R NA2 and the 1984 Ford RS200 have new in-game models of themselves. It really looks like drivers have been edited in.
    [​IMG]

5. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

It's not in-game, there's a clear difference between in-game footage and live action footage in that commercial and the AU one as well.

KKHN likes this.
  6. Duphman

Duphman

Makes sense, but the lighting is bugging me in that screenshot. Don't know why.

7. It's an advert.

8. dmcallis

dmcallis

The 2013 Nascars have not made the list have they? Wouldn't that pretty much make up the difference?

Yep, I'd consider those the worst offenders of the "Dups" on the car counts... along with the carryovers. Count each year model as one, and each livery as a color...

9. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

Except yes they are. Six new Chevrolet '13 NASCAR, not to mention Ford (2) and Toyota (3).

10. Freeman_Cruz

Freeman_Cruz

I'm not a fan, but Nascar models from 2010 and 2013 are quite different both aesthetically and mechanically.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the differences between cars of different drivers go beyond a change of livery.

11. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

I totally agree, and I have no interest in NASCAR, other than doing the compulsory races/events in GT5.

So that'll be three generations of NASCAR in GT6 '10, '11 and '13, just like three generations of X1 '10, '11 and '14.

I'm sure PD have their reasons for including three generations of a fantasy car, but I personally don't get it. I however completely understand why NASCAR is catered for again, because for a start there a real series, just like FIA and DTM.

These NASCAR variants are certainly not "dupes", the X1 cars though are.

12. dmcallis

dmcallis

So, which is the "ringer". Which is the one with the advantage on the track?

My point is that from bumper-cam, can you tell any difference at all from any car in a year from any of the others in that year?

OK, I will give you the manufacturer's cars should be separate models. So three (?) per year. One per livery is unnecessary. The liveries should be kept, don't get me wrong, I want that variety on track in a race, but just do not count them as six or whatever models when they are functionally identical. If only the paint , decals, and interior details are different graphically and not the model, it's the same and should be listed as paintjob variations.

If you can point to performance differences (which NASCAR works hard to eliminate), I'll concede the point. Otherwise, they are not separate models, but just aesthetic variations of a few models.

13. Ryan81

Ryan81

I tend to agree. Even if they are aesthetically different, I would love to know the difference between Dennis Hamlin's NASCAR and Kyle Busch's NASCAR in terms of performance.

14. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

But that's how PD have done it in all of their games, they count different liveries as different cars, despite them being the same car - look at the GT6 car list for example, it's full of the same car with two different liveries.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not agreeing with it, and certainly not advocating that it should continue, but it does, and I think if it continues then the chance of a livery editor will be further delayed.

I also think that we need to have livery as a paint choice, like having stripes on a Ford GT or Camaro, but I'm just stating that's how it's always been for GT.

15. Ryan81

Ryan81

I agree. I think it's 'cheating' the numbers because they can do that with loads of cars and claim "We've got 200 new cars for ya booiz" when a third of them are duplicates and totally unnecessary.

FM4 did that with some race cars but to a much smaller extent. The vast majority were truly unique cars with different specs, etc. Same way PD give us an '05 & '07 Swfit Sport. Only difference is one has grey trim and the other has red trim. Other than that, identical.

16. mr_geez

mr_geez

I hope the message behind this TV spot is that we'll get standing starts not only in online mode.

17. snowgt

snowgt

I tend to agree. The plants do not exactly look real and the cars seem to be very "clean". Also, it would be a lot of effort to even get this collection of cars together on one road at the same time. But it could be from digital image processing that gives it that look. The shots with real people in the cars could easily have been put in afterwards.

Maybe they used a GT7 prototype for the ad. :sly:

18. Ignore teh text

[​IMG]

19. DGXR

DGXR

EDIT: deleted, I don't want to lead anyone on due to my confusion.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  20. United6694

United6694

I'm sure this has been covered to death so sorry for asking, but do we know why the 458 GT3 car (or equivalent depending on series) is not in the game? Or if it is I apologize now :p

21. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

I hope you're being sarcastic, else you are going to be really disappointed.

22. They haven't said anything yet.

23. DGXR

DGXR

I was not being sarcastic but I think you're right, and I am disapointed.
    This link (all GT tracks): http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/GTPEDIA_Track_Directory.pdf
    is from a GTPlanet page with the heading, "GTPlanet’s GTPEDIA to Include Gran Turismo 6 Chapter as Free Update, 15% Off Holiday Sale."
    So I thought that link page was part of the GT6 Chapter :(
    Sorry for my confusion.
    I must now ask why PD is not including any of these original tracks? They are clearly in demand from enthusiasts. Oh well... *sigh*

24. Zuku

Zuku

Yeah if PD added Seattle, Hong Kong, New York, and the Paris Stages I would be content. Nothing against people that like Real World tracks, but I'll always admit that the reason I got into GT was because of stages like SSR11 and Rome those city tracks basically. Plus they added life into the game for me.

Snake55wildcat likes this.
  25. VDG

VDG

Thanks ;)

26. NFSCARBON1

NFSCARBON1

Pause the video at 0.09 and take a look. It's supposedly the same photo/video shoot right? However all the cars are shifted over a lane in the Photo (the Lexus should be where the GT40 is) and the lighting looks odd, especially the shadows on the traffic light. Also there seems to be a lot more cars in the photo.

I think that the Photo is actually a render made using GT6's coding and models (but not necessarily in the game itself) with the Honda Jazz/Fit being photoshopped in.
    Of course it could just be a real photograph with a strange filter applied!

27. Duphman

Duphman

• There are a lot more cars in that picture. And the lighting on those cars looks way different.

28. dmcallis

dmcallis

Points to Apricot Hill...

29. Just looks like a PhotoShop to me.

30. Suzumiya

Suzumiya