Gran Turismo 6 Master Car/Track List

• Thread starter Duphman
  • 906 comments
It's largely thanks to Google Earth, though.
And also PD for not totally making up their original layouts, but basing them on actual location geology/streets/paths.

Here's a 3D view of the area, by the way, with all confirmed (so far) Matterhorn layouts shown:

2YSz8fD.jpg

CX0lb1D.jpg

Last edited:
That's so true that my last year's summer vacation was indeed the Grindelwald / Kleine Scheidegg / Eiger Nordwand area, just to see the real place and to confirm your point :D If I knew earlier I'd have visited Matterhorn too then.

Although we may end up with it, I didn't see a Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 without chicanes. The 6 variations listed were the four from GT5, the normal 2013 version and the 2009 version listed twice, with and without weather. Also there weren't any weather/time icons for 2009/no chicane.

f40
Although we may end up with it, I didn't see a Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 without chicanes. The 6 variations listed were the four from GT5, the normal 2013 version and the 2009 version listed twice, with and without weather. Also there weren't any weather/time icons for 2009/no chicane.
Yep, you're right. I checked the video again and it wasn't listed. I thought I saw it.

After watching the german video a bit more it appears that the track might possibly further extend beyond the latest discovered layout. Maybe there really is another variation which goes to Gornergrat, after all.

vZfoq2g.jpg

The pink layout is now 3.42 Km long. The train station reached in it is called Rotenboden.

Yeah, I see where you mean. @15:45 At first I thought it was an off-road track but it's hard to tell in this video.
I haven't see any evidence for your blue track going off near the hotel though. Edit: oh it's in the E3 trailer isn't it!

Last edited:
Definitely at least 4 variations of Materhorn shown in the video track select screen. I knew there was a reason PD would show a new track in that area and have blocked off parts of roads. Plus theres no pit road on the version weve seen being run in demos. I can only hope London has more variations as well. And very glad we have the 2013 version of LaSarthe. Some extensive modifications were done to the track such as repaving the straights, which was said to have cut ~1-2 seconds off lap times. Then the Arnage corner was redone with the stands pushed back and a run-off road that goes straight on from Indianapolis. The outside of the corner was also paved in place of the gravel.

What's the point of keeping the 2009 versions if they added the updated 2013 tracks? Are there even any differences at all? Certainly it can't be anything worth keeping the 2009 ones in the game. Seems like a sneaky way to inflate the track variation list even further.

I don't mind at all if they updated the tracks -- it's a good thing obviously -- but really, the 2009 track can't offer us any purpose at all anymore. Even the 2005 one is a bit borderline, but it has a bit of a different feeling with the grass and runoff areas so it's not too bad.

Not sure why they'd update le Sarthe and not Spa, which now has different coloured kerbs and surroundings.

With so many interconnected roads I wonder if the entire area will be free-roamable.
I think it's possible you could design your own configuration or something. You'll notice on the part with triangular junction, there are white kerbs on the inside corners, so you could maybe make a tiny kart track around that triangle :)

So we have 3 over 3km variations of Matterhorn and possibly more (as we don't know what is on the next page of track list). Plus short layout. So many roads to take photos, yay ^^

Well if there's no sign of the 'yellow' route or the one off the traingular junction it seems to confirm there will be more on the next page.

I also noted that the full German name for the Ascari track is "Ascari Gesamtstrecke", which basically means "Ascari Full Track". Hint that there's more than 1 variation there as well…?

Well if there's no sign of the 'yellow' route or the one off the traingular junction it seems to confirm there will be more on the next page.
Hopefully but I wouldn't take that as fact. Look how little work PD would need to make Tsukuba short. With a little more effort we could have Monza junior. But I have to say that kerbs give some hope.

I also noted that the full German name for the Ascari track is "Ascari Gesamtstrecke", which basically means "Ascari Full Track". Hint that there's more than 1 variation there as well…?
I think that track list in that video is final. Ascari Full Course means nothing. Do we have Eiger Long or London Long?

PS: great work with finding that hairpin :)

Hopefully but I wouldn't take that as fact. Look how little work PD would need to make Tsukuba short. With a little more effort we could have Monza junior. But I have to say that kerbs give some hope.
That's true, it's obviously designed for part of a track but we can't confirm it will be in the game at launch unless we've seen it available. But I expect there will be one or two more :)

Here's the latest variation with the hairpin discovered by Beat the Beat, more in context in Google Earth (purple layout):

ESRKbYa.jpg

It's 3.6 Km long. I guess this implies that the track won't extend much further that way.

Nice, looks just as I imagined now.
I'm still hoping it goes all the way to Gornergrat bahn :) There's a trail each side of the railway that it could go up, and a part where it goes underneath the railway to join together near the top, some of it is actually on StreetView taken on a snowmobile. :lol:

There's something called "racing in the past". Why removing that, I say keep it because others may care for it. Don't you like racing in past/historic tracks?

It's not really the same as racing in the past since the track has had no significant modifications since 2009, if the update was done next year with the new run off areas it might make more sense.

Nice, looks just as I imagined now.
I'm still hoping it goes all the way to Gornergrat bahn :) There's a trail each side of the railway that it could go up, and a part where it goes underneath the railway to join together near the top, some of it is actually on StreetView taken on a snowmobile. :lol:
I'm starting to wonder just how many variations Matterhorn could have by joining different sections:

1w9AKie.jpg

If you exclude the cyan one which is my speculation, the cherry colored path is pretty much a given given if Matterhorn extends further east, near Gornergrat and making use of the existing railway underpass (PD really seem to love bridges).

Last edited:
There's something called "racing in the past". Why removing that, I say keep it because others may care for it. Don't you like racing in past/historic tracks?

As far as I'm aware it's literally the exact same track. Are there any differences at all? Like I said, I'm fine with keeping the 2005 version since it's clearly visually different just about everywhere. But if there's like a few new cone placements and a different looking kerb in one area or something then what's the point? Just becomes dead weight in the menus.

As far as I'm aware it's literally the exact same track. Are there any differences at all? Like I said, I'm fine with keeping the 2005 version since it's clearly visually different just about everywhere. But if there's like a few new cone placements and a different looking kerb in one area or something then what's the point? Just becomes dead weight in the menus.
Well, guess there's nothing we can do about it, its already there. ;)
f40
Then it would be better to bring back Fuji 80s & 90s.
I wish.

I was about to say "Garage 56" could have been the initial reason...

Last edited:
Back