Gran Turismo 6 [Official] [PS3 '13]

• Thread starter Kingpin326
  • 160 comments
Eks
These new features have gotten me all hyped up...I may get GT6 after all.

By the way, what's adaptive tesselation?

It is the way they model the cars for GT6. They use a wire frame to make the base now, and they call it adaptive tessellation.

Eks
These new features have gotten me all hyped up...I may get GT6 after all.

By the way, what's adaptive tesselation?
Adaptive tesselation is a mesh generation technique used to fill the interior of a polygon. You basically have the polygon structure and then lay a 2D mesh with information on it. The mesh includes certain attributes sich as hight leves and other information and then the tesselation fills up the space according to this. It's basically a subdivision of the model with details in direction of the mesh. Like a map...

I'll be waiting for track and full vehicle list when E3. We have England and Australia as 2 new locations. What are the other 5? Korea, Grand Canyon, China and....?

exactly what I'm paying close attention to. What does this mean exactly?

Custom Liveries? Extensive body changes- kits,wings, ect.

Man this could be great for the series if done right.

Sega GT have his own Carrozzeria mode, where you could build a car from the ground...

Maybe...
well, maybe not...

Starlet
I really hope this fix the sounds of the cars.

I'm sure some will be tweeked with the new release. It's not part of the announcement, as it does not affect gameplay for most. Just you're ears take a beating on some cars.

It is the way they model the cars for GT6. They use a wire frame to make the base now, and they call it adaptive tessellation.

Haha.From my knowledge ,adaptive tessellation basically means more faces for better maps in simpler terms, in this case for realer looking reflections, glossiness,and materials I guess though its a bit more complicated than that.I could be wrong.
The wire frame is just viewing the model without any shading. Every 3d model has a wire frame.He was showing the wire frame to show the large number of faces.Then showing it shaded, then with material to show what adaptive tessellation does.

gt612.jpg

gt61.jpg

gt6123.jpg

gt61234.jpg

gt612345.jpg

gt6123456.jpg

gt61234567.jpg

gt612345678.jpg

gt6123456789.jpg

gt61234567890.jpg

across the next 6 monts!!! ITS NOVEMBER RELEASE!!

Amazing! :D Custom Parts and Rims MORE ! Finally!

Notice how they say its being "developed for the holiday season 2013", and not "the release date is November 2013".

I'm calling a February 2014 release date.

This didn't feel quite as amazing as previous GT announcements but still pretty nice. Only disappointment are the standard cars.
Have they been confirmed yet?
Notice how they say its being "developed for the holiday season 2013", and not "the release date is November 2013".

I'm calling a February 2014 release date.
Should not surprise anyone at all if this happens. I don't think any GT game has ever come out on its first announced date.

They must release it before PS4 hits the market otherwise they may as well wait untill 2014 with a ps4 version of it.

but its still not enough[/COLOR].

He continued:

“With Gran Turismo 5 we’ve made it as clean and beautiful as possible within the confines of the space we’re given – but of course there’s a lot more that we want to put in.”

With Sony promising a release before Christmas, Yamauchi saying the game has gone gold, and rumors that discs are already in the wild, GT5 looks like it may finally release this year.

Of course, if GT5 maxes out the PS3 it does beg the question: Which platform will Gran Turismo 6 – which is already in development – be released on?"

Remember this ? it is like a dejavu .... just replace the 5 with 6 and "bing" it´s done .

I have a feeling like this gt6 will be like a prologue for the next gen console .. ps4 will then have the actuall good gran turismo ...

Looks really really good so far :).
1200 cars are breathtaking!
Of course there will be standart cars but i expect at least 500 premiums. And i'm sure they made the standarts looking better than in gt5.
I just hope we'll see the missing tracks from gt4 finally back :(.

They must release it before PS4 hits the market otherwise they may as well wait untill 2014 with a ps4 version of it.

Not possible given the architecture differences between the PS3 and PS4. GT7 will have to have a very different engine to run on the PS4.

Amazing. They presented something on physics, and in general much more substance than "graphics, look at this". PD might really be ready to live up to their slogan.

I'm excited now for the PS4 GT. I won't be buying anything on PS3 though.

Amazing. They presented something on physics, and in general much more substance than "graphics, look at this". PD might really be ready to live up to their slogan.

I'm excited now for the PS4 GT. I won't be buying anything on PS3 though.

This is the thing I do not get. Why would you not spend a relatively small amount of money on a new GT game, when you already have the console to run it on?
I do not understand their decision of a PS3 release completely either, but it confuses me that some people would not want a, lets call it, finished version of GT5 - with a new physics engine(!)..

EDIT: or at least I suspect you've got a PS3 since you are here ;)

This old console means crappy game argument is getting stupid to me right now. As we all know New console and new games don't mean their going to be great. Or do we need to play a video of all the crappy games that came out early on with PS3 and PS2?

For every Heavenly Sword and Resistance: FOM there was Genji, that one Gundan Game(although it wasn't really a launch title), and just countless bad games liek Lair(good concept bad execution), and many many more.

This is fake, in the article where it came from they said that they got this information from the event. The event has not even started yet.

"The UK's Silverstone Circuit will be one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6" - so in the 3 years since GT5 came out they've made 7 new tracks? Seven?!?! Are you freaking kidding me? And I suppose a couple of those are karting.

1200 cars so it's just GT5's car list complete with standards with a couple hundred new ones added.

This is really inline with my most pessimistic predictions. I thought it took them 3 years to make the engine for GT5 and 2 years to work on content. With three years since then to work on nothing but additional content, I was really hoping for something, well...better than 7 new tracks for chrissakes. That's what other racing sim developers come out with for DLC a few months after the original game launches.

Hope this is just BS.

Pffft...I'll still pre-order it the day it shows up on Amazon.

This is why I don't read stuff on the first few pages of posts most of the time. Most of the time it's this crap. BTW, it's not 7 tracks, it's 7 environments and 19 new tracks. I know there ain't much that's new...well...except for the game engine...and the track editor. Maybe they spent the past 3 years building a new and better engine since there was a lot of whining and crying over the GT5 engine. Maybe they're trying to give a better game, and MAYBE just MAYBE to release the game by this Holiday season with at least SOME content in it, they ported all the cars and tracks from GT5 so you aren't left with 19 tracks an what 50 cars? I mean, with the DLC cars the GT5 car count was pretty close to 1200. And they said new cars and track every month. So, stop your complaining until you have actually played the game. And who knows, maybe all 1200 cars could be Premium quality. Maybe that's something else they've spent the last 3 years doing. But, seriously if that's not good enough for you than why don't you just not comment on these forums.

This is why I don't read stuff on the first few pages of posts most of the time. Most of the time it's this crap. BTW, it's not 7 tracks, it's 7 environments and 19 new tracks.
"Environment" is PD's lingo for "track" as in "venue".

So GT6 at release date will have 33 tracks and 71 track layouts in total, meaning 7 more tracks and 19 more track layouts compared to the "vanilla" version of GT5 (which has 26 tracks/venues and 52 layouts in total). Problem is, if we factor in DLC released over time, this increases to 30 tracks/60 layouts, so GT6 at release would only have 3 new tracks and 11 more layouts, although apparently according to rumors, the Top Gear Test Track might get replaced with something else, leaving room for one new track.

I think Gran Turismo 6 will be a fantastic sequel of GT5 , of course i hope there are no stardard cars, or just the standard will be "transformed" into premium.. I don't wanna see 800 standards in the sequel, maybe PD can delete the duplicate of some cars ( like premium and standard supra JTCC, golf V , golf iv ) .. With this, we maybe can have at least 900 different cars :D

P.S. I wanna premium Fiat Panda :P

Sounds like more of a large expansion to Gt5 (<200 new cars & 7 locations), so I'll hold out for the eventual Ps4 up-port/new game. Nice leaves PD :)

This is the thing I do not get. Why would you not spend a relatively small amount of money on a new GT game
Because it's being held back. The price doesn't matter, the physics have more room to improve on PS4. If the PS3 is "good enough" then GT6 isn't aiming to be an end all sim.

Then there is the competition, in many forms. I don't doubt that GT6 will shatter GT5, but how will it stack up to Forza 4? Or Forza 5? Outside of racing games, I have even more sims to choose from. I don't want to invest in something that is limited. I'll just play Forza/DCS while I wait fot GT PS4.

What lure are you using on your Ugly Stick? I'm pretty sure you will be pre-ordering.
Well, if you want to lose a bet, I can help. I didn't even pre-order GT5.

But, seriously if that's not good enough for you than why don't you just not comment on these forums.

The thing about this is you don't have the reserve to tell someone where they can and cannot post/comment. Might want to avoid overstepping that boundary again.

Latest Posts

Back