Gran Turismo 6 [Official] [PS3 '13]

• Thread starter Kingpin326
  • 160 comments
I'm confused on this decision, really. They know that a lot of players, at the moment, plays GT5 and Forza at the same time, having both consoles. If PS4 comes out without a GT release, while Xbox brings the next-gen Forza, a lot of players may decide to buy the Xbox instead of PS4 because, being honest, Forza Motorsport is a great game, you may prefer GT, but you can't say it's a bad game.
In short, they made a bad marketing decision in my opinion. They better work hard on a GT game on PS4 soon, let's say max in 2015, or this decision can really put the PS4 in a bad situation.

This is the thing I do not get. Why would you not spend a relatively small amount of money on a new GT game, when you already have the console to run it on?

Why spend any money on a game that's basically an update to a game most of us already own? On a 7 year old system, When that money can go towards far superior hardware and an inevitable and legitimate GT7 for PS4? Not everyone is a blind fanboy, there's quite a few of us who don't mind spending the extra cash up front, don't forget you get what you pay for, which is why you're getting GT5.5 for $60 :lol:

What was this car ?
i66gfwgukte7x496ba0s.jpg

I can tell it's a GTR. Not joking.

"Environment" is PD's lingo for "track" as in "venue".

So GT6 at release date will have 33 tracks and 71 track layouts in total, meaning 7 more tracks and 19 more track layouts compared to the "vanilla" version of GT5 (which has 26 tracks/venues and 52 layouts in total). Problem is, if we factor in DLC released over time, this increases to 30 tracks/60 layouts, so GT6 at release would only have 3 new tracks and 11 more layouts, although apparently according to rumors, the Top Gear Test Track might get replaced with something else, leaving room for one new track.

Should also be mentioned, we dont know yet if those dlc tracks and cars will be in vanilla gt6.Maybe some type of dlc carry over so people wont feel they spent money just to get a track and car early.

I highly doubt Gran Turismo 6 will come this year. Or next. GT3 came in 2001, GT4 came in late 2004, GT5 came in late 2010. With that rate, and assuming that they will put more work into GT6, I wouldn't expect it for another few years (unless they release another half-done game and just release updates.) The demand for it is higher, yes, but the demand for a higher quality game is much greater as well.

Also, I would take the information in that article with a grain of salt, I never even read it.
No it wont, with GT5 they started all over again, with GT6 they dont have to do that they just have to basically make GT5 better.

Should also be mentioned, we dont know yet if those dlc tracks and cars will be in vanilla gt6.Maybe some type of dlc carry over so people wont feel they spent money just to get a track and car early.
But then again, they stated that GT6 will have "1200 cars, so 200 more than GT5", when over time with free and paid DLC and special editions, GT5 reached 1100+ cars (1141 according to the Master Car List). But they also said that all cars from GT5 will be in GT6, so that would be "200 more" only relatively to the vanilla version and that would contradict to the fact that all GT5 cars would be back.

I think they're not being entirely honest with their figures.

SlowInFastOut
Why spend any money on a game that's basically an update to a game most of us already own? On a 7 year old system, When that money can go towards far superior hardware and an inevitable and legitimate GT7 for PS4? Not everyone is a blind fanboy, there's quite a few of us who don't mind spending the extra cash up front, don't forget you get what you pay for, which is why you're getting GT5.5 for $60 :lol:

Cool, I'm going to be enjoying GT6 while you wait years for a game to make the PS4 worth your money.

I could care less about the new cars, new tracks, whatever.. The sounds in the game better be right. If PD can't handle it, get a developer who will. GT5 is the laughing stock of the racing sim community when it comes to sounds.

Did anyone else notice this?

Now you have headlights...
rocket_02-640x360.jpg

...And now you don't.
rocket_01-640x360.jpg

Does this mean we can take headlights off the cars now?

If they are adding in tracks later as DLC, does that mean they finally found a way to incorporate new tracks as part of A-spec? Or keep it as separate like it is now, only good for multiplayer/season events/time trials.

I've always wondered why this was difficult for all racing games to just add to career mode, keep placeholders in, then patch.

What is that stupid looking orange car anways? looks a bit like a babys' Jay Leno car.

It's a LCC Rocket, kind of a late 50's F1 car throwback with a motorbike engine.

Good to see Kaz sort of listened to me, although what I actually wanted was a Maserati 250F, but I guess this will have to do. :lol:

When you actually look at it, doesn't it mean GT6 will have 2 more locations and considerably less than 100 new premiums, some being doubles of old standards that will still be in game.

Other than a revamp it looks like a GT5.5 to me.

really hoping they changethe Grey background in game. I had enough of that on GT5. At least let us change it. I'd like a white back ground.

Physics seems to be a lot less forgiving than GT5. More car movement it seems through corners. No torque steer with high powered RWD cars in current demo build.

The game looks promising. I think the most important thing they need to improve on is the car sounds. Not to sound like a Forza fanboy, but the sounds of the cars were far better in that game. It sounded awesome through my home theater system. It wouldn't be hard to make them better in GT.

The variety of cars is also important - because there are a lot of cars from past GT games they could put back into the game (a few of the muscle cars such as the Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe, the Mugen Hondas, Tommykaira Skylines, some of the late 90s Mustangs, the big block Corvettes), but it sounds like they went in and added more cars that aren't Japanese cars.

Lastly, I'm sort of confused with what they said about the customization. It says someone can go in and build their own customized car. Does that mean I can pick a chassis and choose an engine and transmission for it? Does that mean I can put custom made designs on the car (basically a livery editor)?

Hopefully this stuff is touched on at E3.

Last edited:
But then again, they stated that GT6 will have "1200 cars, so 200 more than GT5", when over time with free and paid DLC and special editions, GT5 reached 1100+ cars (1141 according to the Master Car List). But they also said that all cars from GT5 will be in GT6, so that would be "200 more" only relatively to the vanilla version and that would contradict to the fact that all GT5 cars would be back.

I think they're not being entirely honest with their figures.

I dont know about not being honest.Just being vague, like I said, kaz didnt go into detail about pretty much anything,he may be rounding off just like he did with gt5 1000 cars which turned out to have more..That being said,I dont see what that had to do with my original point about dlc from gt5 not being included in vanilla gt6.
Either way we are all just assuming stuff and its a waste of time really haha.

Just talked to friend at GameStop here in Florida and he said that it says Jan 1st 2014. But mentioned it may just be a placeholder so they can take pre orders. Release trailer says holiday 2013. Same as ps4. So perhaps it's going to be a special ps4 bundle or ps3 bundle. Perhaps to get that last little penny from all there old systems.

When you actually look at it, doesn't it mean GT6 will have 2 more locations and considerably less than 100 new premiums, some being doubles of old standards that will still be in game.

Other than a revamp it looks like a GT5.5 to me.
After decoding PD's ambiguous language and figures, it really looks this is the case, at least for the initial release.

However... it could simply mean be that most of the new content will (not could) be released through DLC as a business strategy, considering that PS3 game piracy is rampant and unstoppable. They are not going to sell as many units as GT5 and jailbroken PS3s will have their part in this. So pirates would not have much more than an updated GT5.

Now, will this mean that GT6 will be sold at a reduced price with a bundled "seasonal pass" (or even some sort of serial key) for regular DLC at a discounted price, since the amount of actually new content is on par with what GT5 Prologue offered? If this is the case, I might bite the bullet and accept purchasing GT6 in "DLC installments" as it appears it will be offered.

If it's instead going to be a full price game with full price DLC (or in other words, business at usual), then for the first time since GT2, I am definitely not going to get the game at day 1.

Back