Gran Turismo 6 vs Forza Motorsport 5-Test Drive SRT 2013@Bathurst

  • Thread starter Thread starter super_gt
  • 451 comments
  • 42,924 views
What you are asking is completely irrelevant.. Live for Speed came out in 2003 and that version is better than either of these simcades. And FYI you could play it easily on a Pentium 4 1.3 Ghz!
I download LFS Demo three days ago,and you are right physics is better.
Force feedback is also better(my DFGT became almost as heavy as the Thrusmaster T500RS :lol: without dead zone in the center)and this game is running on my netbook with 1.7GHZ single-core CPU and 1GB RAM memory.
This is my first PC simulator
Thank you!
 
Bathurst on GT6 after patch 1.13 is a graphical mess, therefore is totally unplayable without causing nausea.
 
Again, time that is so valuable that you are incapable of bringing yourself down to the level of defending a statement you made when someone actually pointed out that it was incorrect, but not so valuable that you can't constantly remind everyone how much better you are than everyone else for running away from the conversation when it stopped going your way.
See, that is where you are wrong. I just dont care enough to address it anymore, because all of the responses to me have come from the same old three people who will argue until the other stops. It's stupid and I have better things to do than argue with people who beat the same drum every day on here lol. No one corrected anything I said with fact. You speak so definetively on here that I feel bad for you. It must be hard to need to be right within every agrument you engage. I know you think you know everytbing about everything, but you take the internet incredibly serious.

Look at who is "liking" you, toko, hi I'm imami!, and the mod who realized he should quit while he is behind. Same people and very few of them.

Like I said, you think you're right and I'm backing out of an argument or some crap (lol)...I just don't care about you, dude. Same goes for the only other three who took a crack at my posts. You can think I'm wrong - I have no cares in the world about that, broheim. I had interest in it yesterday and lost it rather quickly when people began to defend it like fangirls. Go enjoy the incredible physics of F5 lol I'm not stopping you. Enjoy the fact that every car drives very well to the point that it gets boring. Enjoy the oversaturated colors and the F1 drivers shifting with a lever that doesn't exist; invisible.

I think it is funny that I'll respond with lol and you come back with another torrent of words. Did you not get it all out before I responded with haha and lol? Or did they remind you of something you forgot to say? It's ok, that is a rhetorical question.

I will enjoy watching the responses from you and anyone else to me(or not if you're sane, because it is useless), knowing I won't respond from here on. Just going to fall on deaf ears and a grin at this point, because you keep coming back for more.
 
Bathurst on GT6 after patch 1.13 is a graphical mess, therefore is totally unplayable without causing nausea.

What do you mean? I drove it a few hours ago and didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary.
 
I think it is funny that I'll respond with lol and you come back with another torrent of words.
That's fair enough. I'm sure quite a few people will find the fact that the guy so quick to say that he doesn't care felt the need to write a full essay to that effect after already lecturing everyone on how not worth his time the entire discussion was anyway.
 
That's fair enough. I'm sure quite a few people will find the fact that the guy so quick to say that he doesn't care felt the need to write a full essay to that effect after already lecturing everyone on how not worth his time the entire discussion was anyway.
I'll wager 4 paint chips and a horn from GT5 that he can't stay away:)
 
Yeah, bud. Firstly...I'm sorry, maybe my screen is broken. It says you are a moderator.

Your screen is functioning just fine.

Secondly, you're right, that's a good example of my current internet expression, moderator. Thanks for sharing that for me.

You're welcome.

I tried to have a conversation with you and attempted to debate or whatnot, until you stopped making sense and I had better things to do. Lol simple as pie, son.

I'm not sure you could qualify it as debate, but since you said attempted, I'll allow it. Let's review:

Anyone I've come across who raves about forza doesn't care about the physics. ZOMG you can even change pistons! Ok? But every car drives like a race car lol.

You had two people introduce themselves as people who do care about physics. When I said GT6 has some of its physics model beaten by FM4 - and that's an important distinction, because I most certainly didn't say "all" - your response was this:

Forza4 licked GT6? Lol, ok. You funny, mang. I have no retorts for that, because it is that far fetched. Having played both and many other sims, that must be satire.

You asked for the meat and potatoes, and @Imari made a very thorough post on what he prefers, with regards to the physics specifically, right here. Your response was...

Care I do not. This is a dead end topic I can see. No agreement.

Yep. Master debater.

You can post all the pictures you want of what you think I look like. All I can imagine is you as one of those kids who makes no sense or acts very childish and thinks he won an argument, because the other person walked away baffled, dismissing you. When really they just can't tolerate someone who is not worth their time, thinking his opinion and everyone else's in disagreement is wrong.

Imagine what you like, it makes no difference to me. Perhaps it's a language barrier, since the image was shown as an example of what you are doing - that is, closing your eyes and ears to anything that you don't like.

Someone that thinks their opinion is the only right one? Where have I seen that?

I can see from here that you just like to argue, so I'll let other people continue to remind that f4 and f5 can't take it to gt6. Looks and sounds. That's all it got on it's side over GT6. Any other train of thought is jaded.

Ah.

Let me be clear: if you think I'm dismissing you, because you think I can't argue or don't want to hear xyz, you are higher than a kite. Keep up the good work, dude.

I can assure you I'm not, but sure, keep up on the personal attack front.

You don't engage in conversations anything like I have ever seen another moderator do.

You haven't frequented the Opinions & Current Events forum, I take it.

QFP as you seem to have forgotten a thing that are two in the AUP and you are not an average member either.

Point them out to me.
 
I like GT but I love sim racing so I own a high End PC,a PS3 and xbox 360..
I download LFS Demo three days ago,and you are right physics is better.
Force feedback is also better(my DFGT became almost as heavy as the Thrusmaster T500RS :lol: without dead zone in the center)and this game is running on my netbook with 1.7GHZ single-core CPU and 1GB RAM memory.
This is my first PC simulator
Thank you!

You are welcome, Buy the full game if you like it - and if you race or go on track days and or drifting (real life) then you'll come to understand the physics are so real it's insane (and I'll mention nothing of mods at this moment). Another sim you really really (really) need to give a try is Game Stock car Extreme- with the right settings it's the best sim for 2 seaters/ racecars in my opinion besting even LFS probably..
For drifting and road car physics LFS is king with 2nd place being a solar system away.. ;)

I download LFS Demo three days ago,and you are right physics is better.
Force feedback is also better(my DFGT became almost as heavy as the Thrusmaster T500RS :lol: without dead zone in the center)and this game is running on my netbook with 1.7GHZ single-core CPU and 1GB RAM memory.
This is my first PC simulator
Thank you!

Sorry for double post but really it's so funny when people attribute Gran turismo 6's bad physics to PS3's low processing power lol.. I mean seriously my Samsung Note 3 is more powerful than your Netbook lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double post but really it's so funny when people attribute Gran turismo 6's bad physics to PS3's low processing power lol.. I mean seriously my Samsung Note 3 is more powerful than your Netbook lol
Because of the more realistic LFS physics now I appreciate my netbook more than my PS3 :lol:
 
And, so far I have been able to build replicas that are close to the reference data that I used :p If you look at my recent builds, I have Camaro Z/28 that was built to replicate Laguna Seca lap record, it even get close to peak speed at braking points and the peak G's reading of the real car ( I included replay file of the test run and data of the speed/G's around the track for reference ) . I still have another car yet to be released with same close accuracy at Laguna Seca, Audi R8 GT replica, build with real life specs and alignment.

Granted, there are many aspects in GT6 that needs fixing, from ride height, tire model / parameters, spring rate range adjustments, camber still isn't properly modeled etc, but I have to make do with what I have. Building replicas means a lot of tuning inside a lot of limitation. I only wished more people drive replicas to appreciate how far GT6 can go if a car is built with simulation in mind.
Again, I lack GT6 specific experience, but I'm aware that GT fudges things when it comes to stock settings. The thing is, the kinds of physics issues you see in a typical GT game don't have a lot to do with car settings. They're purely physics. Before chasing accurate specific car models, you need to nail the general behavior of a car.

Back when I played a lot I'd often try to plug in real life data that I happened to find and see what difference it would make if any. Tuning in GT has always felt kind of subdued though.



I still disagree with @Johnnypenso @SlipZtrEm and @Exorcet - GT6 is comparable with the xbox 360 forza games only as they're running on similar hardware specs. A game for an underpowered machine doesnt equal to an outdated game.
That's correct. It's just a game on an underpowered machine.

GT6 is supposed to be the response to Forza 4 and GT5 is the direct comparison to Forza 3. PD went late in both cases, true... if you have to bash PD, do it for being too slow.
I'm not here to bash PD. Whatever the intent, GT6 overlaps with FM5 in the sim market place. If you are looking for a sim the best thing PD offers is a last gen console game. This does not imply a lack of ability on their part. It's simply how things line up at the moment.

GT7 will be the answer to Forza 5, they will be a bit late aswell, or T10 will be faster, take it as you want.
Out of curiosity, it's not unfair that PD gets to take longer to develop a game? Being late is one thing, but if the FM5 response comes out just before, or even after FM6 (and they're both on the same type of hardware) that's not an excuse.

You can compare across consoles and PCs but you need to do it in context of hardware power and comparison is not as apples to apples as you can get between FM5 and GT6 as you mentioned earlier.
When you really look at it, there is no reason you can't compare any two (or more) things. The context of the comparison is also important though. Do we agree that someone looking for a game to play is searching for different information than someone trying to compare the relative capabilities of two devs?

Likewise if I was comparing games running on PC, would you have issue with me comparing to say GT6 with a PC that runs a PC sim at lowest detail at slideshow framerates? Will that be a fair comparison as that will the best that PC game developers game can do on the system I used?
Before I answer, I just want to point out that GT6 on PS3 isn't a game running scaled back on lower end hardware. PS3 is the only system that can run the game, so this is a little different in terms of situation.

As far as the example goes, it depends on what you're trying to do. If you only have a PS3 and a very bad computer and you're comparing what runs better with your resources, that is absolutely fair. If you're a video game journalist trying to do a budget comparison or something, it also sounds like this could be a fair comparison (it could go a lot of ways depending on details). If you're a journalist writing a comparison of the games that's supposed to show them at their best and the computer you're using is no where close to the right spec for the PC game, that is a bad comparison. GT6 cannot be in the PC game's position in this example because it only works on one system.


Is it fair to compare like for like both FH2 Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions which were released at a similar time in features, gameplay and graphics as it is best the developers behind the franchise could do and hardware excuse is not a worthy reason for any shortfalls?
Comparing the 360 and One versions of FH2 is absolutely 100% fair and reasonable. Comparing them to judge developer ability makes no sense since they're the same game, by the same dev, for different systems.

As far as dev ability goes, I've brought this up more than once but I am getting no answers. I have already said that if you are comparing dev ability, PS3 limitations don't enter into the comparison because the developers have nothing to do with the [lack of] power their hardware has. GT6 vs FM5 says nothing about PD vs Turn 10 as coders. So I understand why someone says it's not a fair comparison in that case. However, I then fail to understand why you bring it up here as the review is not about PD vs Turn 10 as coders. It's about Gran Turismo's current offerings vs Forza Motorsport's current offerings.

Right now PD offers you a PS3 sim at best (as in what you can buy). Turn 10 offers you a Xbox One sim at best (as in what you can buy). So why wouldn't you compare GT6 and FM5? Your alternatives are to compare GT5 or less with FM5* or just ignore GT completely, which would be a dumb thing to do unless you already had information on it.

*Comparing past GT games is not really something unreasonable either. An older game is not worse just because it's older.
 
Why do people say you cant compare gt6 to forza 5? you clearly can! It wouldnt be fair to compare for the sake of a review and score but you clearly can compare. If you were offered 1 of the 2 games for free with the console chucked in how would you be able to choose one if you dont compare them? You can compare apples an oranges if you want.

I find it funny some took issue with the video when he clearly explained why he was doing it i'e not comparing them to find which one is better, but to see what the differences are. As usual some people take any home truths about GT like a dagger to the heart.
 
What do you mean? I drove it a few hours ago and didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary.

trackside shadow constantly flickering on/off very bad drops in framerate and massive screen tearing.. I also note that trackside textures are now most peculiar as the trees seem made up of gridlines???
 
I was suggesting to try cars with closer specification to the real life version before saying GT6 is too stable. I'm sure when people comparing Forza to GT, they would want the cars compared also as close possible to the game ability to simulate the real car. They are not going to compare a car with racing tire using different suspension setup against one with road tires and stock suspension.

*Admittedly, this was done in the early days of GT6. I strongly suspect that one of the patches made a significant change to the tyre model, and we know that the camber model changed so that would have an effect too**. If I can be bothered putting GT6 in and waiting for it to update itself, I might give it another go.

I said I might put GT6 in and give it another go testing my own MX5 after the latest round of updates, and this afternoon I did.

I have to say, it's much improved from what I remember feeling on release. I still feel that the Forza physics are a little better, but it's a much closer thing. My main issue is that while the cars in both games feel more or less correct in how they turn in and handle bumps and such, when I'm mid-corner I have far less control over my line in GT.

I find that in Forza (and in real life) significant adjustments to the attitude of the car and the resulting line through the corner can be made through small adjustments to the throttle. It's particularly noticeable on long sweeping corners. The same effect exists in GT, but it's much more limited. The weight transfers feel much more muted, and as such the responses are far more muted. To achieve a significant line change mid-corner you really have to throw the weight around, which means scrubbing significant speed or braking to do so.

GT is on the right path, and if they keep advancing as they have from GT4 to GT5P to GT5 to GT6, then I expect they'll have a very respectable system by GT7 or GT8 at the latest. But as it stands now it's just not in the same league as the big boys.


I should also mention that while GT isn't a top flight simulation, I don't feel that it needs to be to achieve it's goals. I'd be just as happy if they stopped trying to pretend that they were the world's best simulation and just gave us a decent sim that was the framework for a really enjoyable and engaging game leveraging their true strength: content.
 
I said I might put GT6 in and give it another go testing my own MX5 after the latest round of updates, and this afternoon I did.

I have to say, it's much improved from what I remember feeling on release. I still feel that the Forza physics are a little better, but it's a much closer thing. My main issue is that while the cars in both games feel more or less correct in how they turn in and handle bumps and such, when I'm mid-corner I have far less control over my line in GT.

I find that in Forza (and in real life) significant adjustments to the attitude of the car and the resulting line through the corner can be made through small adjustments to the throttle. It's particularly noticeable on long sweeping corners. The same effect exists in GT, but it's much more limited. The weight transfers feel much more muted, and as such the responses are far more muted. To achieve a significant line change mid-corner you really have to throw the weight around, which means scrubbing significant speed or braking to do so.

GT is on the right path, and if they keep advancing as they have from GT4 to GT5P to GT5 to GT6, then I expect they'll have a very respectable system by GT7 or GT8 at the latest. But as it stands now it's just not in the same league as the big boys.


I should also mention that while GT isn't a top flight simulation, I don't feel that it needs to be to achieve it's goals. I'd be just as happy if they stopped trying to pretend that they were the world's best simulation and just gave us a decent sim that was the framework for a really enjoyable and engaging game leveraging their true strength: content.

Thank you for following through :) I'm very much agree to what you have said, when I read what APEX book said about car physics and setup, the result in GT6 is not the same, ride height, camber, tire physics and weight + aero modelling still need lots of work to resemble what the book said. Even the suspension setup guide at the last chapter of the book were hit and miss if adapted in GT6. I really hope Kaz will fix the physics - ride height, camber, springs + damper, and maybe tire model :nervous: on the next big update, spec II :p
For me right now GT6 is used mainly for making replicas, lots of limitation poses great challenge, but I believe it gives the best possible driving experience for me ( I preferred realistic setup ). Now if anyone have Assetto Corsa, I would be interested in stock default setup data on Ferrari F40 :p I wanted to do a build that try to get as close as possible to AC F40. It will be interesting to see if AC has a realistic Ferrari F40 or not ( suspension spring rate, alignment, power, weight + distribution, gearing, stock factory tire, US and EU version ) My GT6 replicas can get very close in acceleration stats ( standing and roll on based on Auto Motorsports mag article ) -CS tire.
 
Now if anyone have Assetto Corsa, I would be interested in stock default setup data on Ferrari F40 :p I wanted to do a build that try to get as close as possible to AC F40. It will be interesting to see if AC has a realistic Ferrari F40 or not ( suspension spring rate, alignment, power, weight + distribution, gearing, stock factory tire, US and EU version ) My GT6 replicas can get very close in acceleration stats ( standing and roll on based on Auto Motorsports mag article ) -CS tire.

I could help you with that, I was just playing AC a second ago. Slight disclaimer, you can only view and adjust most stats as the car is resting on the ground. I picked the most level pit area I could, but just so you know.

Cambers Front L/R: -0.83/-0.81 Rear L/R: -0.51/-0.56 (Settings page says -0.7F, -0.8R but the way those numbers are set up is fairly arbitrary when you look at how a mod is made)
Toes Front L/R: 0.02/0.02 Rear L/R: 0.14/0.14
Caster: -5.15/-5.15

Ride heights F/R: 115mm/125mm

Max speed in gear (kmph)
1=95
2=154
3=216
4=275
5=345

Hope that helps and isn't too off topic for people.
 
I could help you with that, I was just playing AC a second ago. Slight disclaimer, you can only view and adjust most stats as the car is resting on the ground. I picked the most level pit area I could, but just so you know.

Cambers Front L/R: -0.83/-0.81 Rear L/R: -0.51/-0.56 (Settings page says -0.7F, -0.8R but the way those numbers are set up is fairly arbitrary when you look at how a mod is made)
Toes Front L/R: 0.02/0.02 Rear L/R: 0.14/0.14
Caster: -5.15/-5.15

Ride heights F/R: 115mm/125mm

Max speed in gear (kmph)
1=95
2=154
3=216
4=275
5=345

Hope that helps and isn't too off topic for people.

Thanks :) No spring rate ? Toe value is decimal degrees ? Stock values do not resemble real life stock alignment at all :) Camber and toe in are way too low, caster is smack in the middle range :p Weight for EU F40 with full tank fuel : 1258kg with 40/60 distribution / 1170-80+kg no fuel with approx 42/58 distribution.
Max speed in gear also seems a bit higher than they should be, should be like this :

Max speed in gear (kmph)
1=90
2=144
3=201
4=255
5=315+ ( approx 321 kmh at rev limit )


PM me if you want more details or interested to drive more realistic F40, I have collected a wealth of information about the car.


Could be interesting to drive the same spec car in GT6 vs AC vs FM5 :D Forgot GT6 can't get the stock spring rate value of the real F40 :grumpy: Damn, Kaz !! :lol:
 
Last edited:
Thanks :) No spring rate ? Toe value is decimal degrees ? Stock values do not resemble real life stock alignment at all :) Camber and toe in are way too low, caster is smack in the middle range :p Weight for EU F40 with full tank fuel : 1258kg with 40/60 distribution / 1170-80+kg no fuel with approx 42/58 distribution.
Max speed in gear also seems a bit higher than they should be, PM me if you want more details or interested to drive more realistic F40, I have collected a wealth of information about the car.
Could be interesting to drive the same spec car in GT6 vs AC vs FM5 :D Forgot GT6 can't get the stock spring rate value of the real F40 :grumpy: Damn, Kaz !! :lol:

No spring rates available that I know of, I don't think anyone has managed to hack the base content car files yet which is the only place you'd be able to see what they've actually done.
 
No spring rates available that I know of, I don't think anyone has managed to hack the base content car files yet which is the only place you'd be able to see what they've actually done.

Thanks a bunch, I thought AC would let us see the springs value :) If you have FM5, maybe a realistic F40 can be built :p I edited my previous post with a list of max speed in gear from Auto Motorsport Test in 1989.
 
Thanks a bunch, I thought AC would let us see the springs value :) If you have FM5, maybe a realistic F40 can be built :p I edited my previous post with a list of max speed in gear from Auto Motorsport Test in 1989.
In AC you can only see the values of things you can adjust and the adjustments on most street cars are fairly low. Not sure if any street cars have adjustable spring rates.

I also have to add, spring rates and other parameter adjustments aside, driving the F40 in AC is worlds better than in GT. The tire model alone makes it a thrilling experience, but the sound is also very good (fantastic with a sound mod) and you can feel what's happening with the car through the wheel. You really have to start trying this stuff:cheers:
 
In AC you can only see the values of things you can adjust and the adjustments on most street cars are fairly low. Not sure if any street cars have adjustable spring rates.

I also have to add, spring rates and other parameter adjustments aside, driving the F40 in AC is worlds better than in GT. The tire model alone makes it a thrilling experience, but the sound is also very good (fantastic with a sound mod) and you can feel what's happening with the car through the wheel. You really have to start trying this stuff:cheers:

I have no wheel or PC good enough to play AC :( Why can't we have GT with AC and FM infused together :grumpy:
 
I always liked Forza more than the GT, including due to a better physics. GT has always been boring, because - in GT3, gt4, gt5 physics was worse than average, bad physics. and F4 was many times better driving physics on the steering wheel. but now I have a GT 6 and F5, fanatec GT2 and TX. I tested them for about a month and a final conclusion: Forza4 - was good in 2011, but a little worse and more boring physics F5, F5 more perfect

F5 to better tires, but the difference with the F4 on the steering wheel is not large. but "GT6" physics pleasantly surprised, this is actually better, nicer, more realistic and richer driving experience. Due to the fact - that the "GT 6" made perfect model of the suspension, it's cool. model suspension F5 worse, and this is the only, but very important difference from the "GT 6"

Hopefully F6 - make a good model of suspension, but now it's like this: gt5< Enthusia< F4< F5< GT6

GT5 - a pile of garbage physics, arcade <F4 - much better than GT5, tires, suspension <F4 F5 almost like a little better, a little less than drifts a little more severe and more difficult, the best tire model <"GT 6" - perfect physics, smart, good suspension, good tire model

Due to the physics of the suspension" GT 6 "better than the F5," GT 6 "more interesting and realistic. If in F5 was such a model of suspension, these games would be equal. And I do not feel the difference in the tire model "GT 6" and F5, turn10 and insidesimracing deceiving

I'm a fan of Forza motorsport, but I have to admit that physics "GT6" more perfect than F5. But if you play on the joystick, the "GT 6" and F5 do not have significant differences. Is that F5 little more rigid, but the steering wheel is not so strongly expressed. "GT 6" and F5 - is the same, equal to physics, but in the "GT 6" much better suspension, and it makes the physics of "GT 6" is much better and more perfect.

This is the truth, everything else - stupid war fans, poorly knowledgeable in the physics of driving



in 2013 became the first series GT simulator, before it was half-arcade, but the "GT 6" became the simulator with the best physics on all modern consoles, eclipsing fm
my rating of the physics of driving:
FM3 - 0 of 10
gt4 - 0 of 10
GT5 - 2 out of 10
FM2- 4 out of 10
Enthusia - 4.5 out of 10
Forza 4 - 7 out of 10
Forza 5 7.5 out of 10
"GT 6" - 8.5, 9 out of 10

Much more important, and pgayuschey element F5 - is - that the brake distance (car without upgrading) Feels seems shorter than the "GT 6", it is very bad for the simulator. Although the lap time comparable. I tested the stock LFA at the Nürburgring GP, and my time has coincided with the nearest second. I do not know how they do it, but braking F5 alarming. I have not measured, but I plan to make a video on this topic.

However, I felt the Lotus F1 to F5, and 300kmch this bollid stops 50 meters !!! While in real life, not less than 100 meters. this is terrible! I conducted measurements on the track Sarte, using signs to inform you of the distance to the turn
 
Last edited:
I always liked Forza more than the GT, including due to a better physics. GT has always been boring, because - in GT3, gt4, gt5 physics was worse than average, bad physics. and F4 was many times better driving physics on the steering wheel. but now I have a GT 6 and F5, fanatec GT2 and TX. I tested them for about a month and a final conclusion: Forza4 - was good in 2011, but a little worse and more boring physics F5, F5 more perfect

F5 to better tires, but the difference with the F4 on the steering wheel is not large. but "GT6" physics pleasantly surprised, this is actually better, nicer, more realistic and richer driving experience. Due to the fact - that the "GT 6" made perfect model of the suspension, it's cool. model suspension F5 worse, and this is the only, but very important difference from the "GT 6"

Hopefully F6 - make a good model of suspension, but now it's like this: gt5< Enthusia< F4< F5< GT6

GT5 - a pile of garbage physics, arcade <F4 - much better than GT5, tires, suspension <F4 F5 almost like a little better, a little less than drifts a little more severe and more difficult, the best tire model <"GT 6" - perfect physics, smart, good suspension, good tire model

Due to the physics of the suspension" GT 6 "better than the F5," GT 6 "more interesting and realistic. If in F5 was such a model of suspension, these games would be equal. And I do not feel the difference in the tire model "GT 6" and F5, turn10 and insidesimracing deceiving

I'm a fan of Forza motorsport, but I have to admit that physics "GT6" more perfect than F5. But if you play on the joystick, the "GT 6" and F5 do not have significant differences. Is that F5 little more rigid, but the steering wheel is not so strongly expressed. "GT 6" and F5 - is the same, equal to physics, but in the "GT 6" much better suspension, and it makes the physics of "GT 6" is much better and more perfect.

This is the truth, everything else - stupid war fans, poorly knowledgeable in the physics of driving



in 2013 became the first series GT simulator, before it was half-arcade, but the "GT 6" became the simulator with the best physics on all modern consoles, eclipsing fm
my rating of the physics of driving:
FM3 - 0 of 10
gt4 - 0 of 10
GT5 - 2 out of 10
FM2- 4 out of 10
Enthusia - 4.5 out of 10
Forza 4 - 7 out of 10
Forza 5 7.5 out of 10
"GT 6" - 8.5, 9 out of 10

Much more important, and pgayuschey element F5 - is - that the brake distance (car without upgrading) Feels seems shorter than the "GT 6", it is very bad for the simulator. Although the lap time comparable. I tested the stock LFA at the Nürburgring GP, and my time has coincided with the nearest second. I do not know how they do it, but braking F5 alarming. I have not measured, but I plan to make a video on this topic.

However, I felt the Lotus F1 to F5, and 300kmch this bollid stops 50 meters !!! While in real life, not less than 100 meters. this is terrible! I conducted measurements on the track Sarte, using signs to inform you of the distance to the turn
Interesting. How would you characterize each franchise's handling of weight transfer, lift off oversteer in FF's, abs/noabs braking, tire modeling and aero (top speeds included)?
 
The sounds, video and authenticity of the cars are clearly off in the GT6 game. Even the base suspension settings weights and measures as well as the type and range of performance adjustments seems very hokey in GT6.

Truth is PD has had plenty of time to iron out the kinks in this game. Even the damage model takes away from reproducing a real driving experience. Trust me, I will never buy an X-box or any game to play on one.
But PD and Kaz need to up their game. They've been outdone by Forza and sometime in November you can add project cars to the list. The truth sucks for a GT fan, but it's the truth none the less. And at least until GT7 is released, GT fans will have to live with that truth.
 
Does FM5 cars have accurate stats ( weight/distribution/hp/torque/gearing/suspension spring rates/ alignment/diff ) when stock ? Surely they have the proper tires when stock too :), unlike GT6 with 1 or 2 level higher grip tire as stock :lol:
 
Interesting. How would you characterize each franchise's handling of weight transfer, lift off oversteer in FF's, abs/noabs braking, tire modeling and aero (top speeds included)?


Gt5 problem was that - even after the patch, 2012, there were rolls of suspension, but it was only a visual effect on driving is not affected. Therefore gt5 had big problems with the movement of the weight of the car (with the soft suspension) under braking and cornering, it is an important part of driving was missing in GT5. In F4 suspension was not perfect, but much better, it is possible to cause a skid by using of heavy braking, or even abrupt cessation of pressure on the gas pedal.
FF oversteer in F4 was perhaps too excessive, but I took it with enthusiasm, because it's better than nothing in GT5. Forza motorsport series - characterized by a slight increase in the level of difficulty of driving and oversteer, it was in the F4, F5 in this sozraniv. However, F5 deep drifts began to occur less frequently, but more painful. In F4 is corrected easily, F5 is too long and hard. even if you do it right, the car continues to lose control, even though the front wheels have long had to find grip on asphalt and return rectilinear motion, avoiding the crash.

In F5 (in the sim physics) slides less than F4 (who called driving simulator on ice), F5 little more ring than drifting. But the funny thing is - it's not clear for some reason F5 physics perceived harsh and strict, and "GT 6" - a friendly and soft. But when I compare them with fast switching, it is not so! "GT 6" is a bit more demanding of skills, more dangerous driving, probably because of the suspension. F5 little more simple and easy to drive. In "GT 6" loss of control is sloppy taxiing, causing the suspension and discharge buildup. In F5 loss of control is most often caused by sloppy work the gas pedal.

So you can not say-that skids and loss of control in the F5 occurs earlier and more frequently than in the "GT 6" This is about equal. But as for FF cars - I noticed an interesting thing. In general, similar to oversteer, but in the "GT 6" many FF cars that have something like anti-roll bar. For example Abarth 500, Mito (I went a little front wheel drive cars so far) And in the F4 and F5 - Abarth 500 has a hell of oversteer, it's hard, but fun. And in the "GT 6" this car is very difficult to lose control and slip 180 degrees. When you try to shake the car, it rests on the invisible wall stabilizer bar. I'm not sure - it is realistic or not.


This greatly simplifies the process of driving, but makes it look interesting. In F5 driving I Abarth 500 recalls the bullfight, in "GT 6" as though he had forgotten to turn off the system stabilization. But not all FF cars act as lead in "GT 6", for example, Clio RS 2013 (if I'm not mistaken model) Clio as damn oversteer like all FF cars in F5, and no super powerful anti-roll bar will not save it from the accident but skillful taxiing

I always go without abs, and F5 and "Gt 6" is roughly comparable, but Gt - I use CSR -E pedal, and it's not fair comparison. I am concerned that in the F5 significantly shorter braking distance and braking process simpler than in "GT 6" Aerodynamics - in F4 is not. I tested the Peugeot 908 and F4 no downforce, changing the speed.

In F5 and "GT 6" aerodynamics and downforce - is. The faster Peugeot goes, the better he clings to the road, but reluctantly gives in maneuvering. In "Gt 6" car refuses to obey steering until you reset the speed to 250 kmh. In the F5 is the same, but not so strongly expressed. Also it seemed to me that the Audi R8 V10 with increasing velocity behaves like Peugeot 908- clings to the road, but worse maneuvers

Tire model in "GT 6" and F5 in my at the same level. On the steering wheel difference I felt. It works well, it improves the driving, but the difference between F5 and GT6 not found. In F4 model tires less perfect than the F5 and GT6 and it shows. It's funny - the difference in the behavior of the tire is more noticeable when playing on the joystick. The joystick seems - that GT6, and F5 it works a little differently.
 
I have no wheel or PC good enough to play AC :( Why can't we have GT with AC and FM infused together :grumpy:

I've been saying for a while that Polyphony should simply license Kunos' physics engine, and then PD can get on with the things that PD are best at. Namely, pretty graphics and huge amounts of content.

Unfortunately, I suspect I'll be crapped on from a great height by a flying pig first.
 
I've been saying for a while that Polyphony should simply license Kunos' physics engine, and then PD can get on with the things that PD are best at. Namely, pretty graphics and huge amounts of content.

Unfortunately, I suspect I'll be crapped on from a great height by a flying pig first.

If it's that good, shoudn't everyone use it.
 
If it's that good, shoudn't everyone use it.

Wow, good come back.

It's not that it's necessarily better than others that are available. rF2 or iRacing or pCARS would be as good a choice. But iRacing and rF2 tend to get a bad rap from hardcore GT fanatics, and pCARS system is unlikely to be for sale to a competitor, at least until they see how well their own game does.

Kunos are a small company that are in no real way going to compete with GT in the near future, and so have no reason to withhold their tech. They have worked with Ferrari to produce Ferrari Virtual Academy, and are thus presumably open to working with other organisations for the right price. In fact, they specifically list under their Services available "Development support to 3rd parties teams to develop racing based games".

The feel of their simulation is among the best in the business, feel being something that hardcore GT fanatics are very keen on.

ISI would be a good choice as well, isiMotor2 is a fine physics engine. I just happen to rather like what Kunos has done and would be happy to see them as part of one of the world's great racing franchises.
 
If PD implement Asseto Corsa or ISI physics engine in GT7 without hidden AIDS I will be glad to spend 800EUR for PS4 and Thrustmaster T300RS ;)
 
Wow, good come back.

It's not that it's necessarily better than others that are available. rF2 or iRacing or pCARS would be as good a choice. But iRacing and rF2 tend to get a bad rap from hardcore GT fanatics, and pCARS system is unlikely to be for sale to a competitor, at least until they see how well their own game does.

Kunos are a small company that are in no real way going to compete with GT in the near future, and so have no reason to withhold their tech. They have worked with Ferrari to produce Ferrari Virtual Academy, and are thus presumably open to working with other organisations for the right price. In fact, they specifically list under their Services available "Development support to 3rd parties teams to develop racing based games".

The feel of their simulation is among the best in the business, feel being something that hardcore GT fanatics are very keen on.

ISI would be a good choice as well, isiMotor2 is a fine physics engine. I just happen to rather like what Kunos has done and would be happy to see them as part of one of the world's great racing franchises.

Okay.

It sounds great and certain to be popular among sim racers. I was just wondering if this type of 'tech' is suitable for young children and beginners who know nothing about driving, racing or cars?
 
Back