Gran Turismo 6- What I Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony will definetly have something in store against Project Gotham Racing and Forza Motorsport at release or short after release of its new hardware. :dopey:

Personally I wouldn't bet on that, Sony missed the boat on that one for both the PS2 and the PS3.

The PS2 had Ridge Racer 5 and the PS3 had Ridge Racer 7 (and F1:CE & Motorstorm for Europe) at launch; PD have not yet managed to get close to releasing a at or near a console launch date with a GT title. It would be nice to see (and most likely promised - that they have done before) but rather unlikely.

Personally I wouldn't bet on that, Sony missed the boat on that one for both the PS2 and the PS3.

The PS2 had Ridge Racer 5 and the PS3 had Ridge Racer 7 (and F1:CE & Motorstorm for Europe) at launch; PD have not yet managed to get close to releasing a at or near a console launch date with a GT title. It would be nice to see (and most likely promised - that they have done before) but rather unlikely.

Who is to say its GT6 going for the launch of the PS4.

There has been recent rumours that Evolution are creating a PGR like game for the PS4 (they have Bizzare Creations Lead Designer Ged Talbot working there).

Insiders say its the most ambitious racer to come out of Europe.

Now, I wonder if PD give Evolution some car models & Evolution give PD some city environments, both games could be sitting very pretty

EDIT. rumour also suggests Evolution wanted to carry the GT name but PD said no

Last edited:
Now, I wonder if PD give Evolution some car models & Evolution give PD some city environments, both games could be sitting very pretty

Since PD is historically very against working with other companies on titles (GTPSP's development famously delaying the work on GT5 being a good example), I find this doubtful. Especially as they're so proud of their in-house work; why would they trade it off to others, especially if the assets they receive aren't up to their own standards?

EDIT. rumour also suggests Evolution wanted to carry the GT name but PD said no

Rumours atop rumours, at this point. Again, PD's notorious for not wanting to let other devs get their hands on GT (one could argue rightly so, considering its popularity); swiping the name, even less so.

Since PD is historically very against working with other companies on titles (GTPSP's development famously delaying the work on GT5 being a good example), I find this doubtful. Especially as they're so proud of their in-house work; why would they trade it off to others, especially if the assets they receive aren't up to their own standards?

Yes PD have a bit of a reputation about being elitists, however, we are not talking about Evolution working on a GT title, just the sharing of assets (I think nicking the name was never going to work especially as its supposed to be an arcade racer).

As arcade racers tend to have only a small amount of cars, we are not talking about a mass transfer. KY might allow this one especially if getting a city scape in return allows him to dabble in his C-Spec idea

Evolution seem to be picking up on its dev side. At least 3 Bizzare guys & countless more coming from Studio Liverpool (one of them is ex PD) they could very well meet the challenge

No offense to the OP but he said PS4 would be revealed at E3. Yet, we now know (pretty much) that the Playstation Meeting on Feb. 20th is going to be the reveal of the PS4 and rumors from multiple sources have indicated a 2013 released date.

Doesn't this cast some doubt on the OP and what he is calming?

There's one reason for rumours: people are anxious/excited for GT6. Whether this guy's claims are accurate or not is just a detail on the side. This whole thread just shows a huge amount of interest for GT6.

No offense to the OP but he said PS4 would be revealed at E3. Yet, we now know (pretty much) that the Playstation Meeting on Feb. 20th is going to be the reveal of the PS4 and rumors from multiple sources have indicated a 2013 released date.

Doesn't this cast some doubt on the OP and what he is calming?

There was never any reason to believe the OP from the start.

Chrunch Houston
I agree. Every one knows GT6 is going to be a PS3 title. :sly:

I am really itching to find out because a large amount if people here have resigned to it being on ps4.

I am really itching to find out because a large amount if people here have resigned to it being on ps4.

I'm starting to lean towards PS4 still won't make me buy one until it drops to at least $200 I know cheap b**tard am I, but still I haven't experienced most of the groundbreaking games of this generation.

Unlike PS2 when I left it behind in favor of PS3 there were only maybe 5-10 more games I wanted to try this time there is at least 50-100 more some PSN some Disc Based.

That's the main reason I'm not ready for PS4.

Well, there's still the possibility that it'll only be announced on the 20th, but that the main purpose of the meeting is to show off some new games for it. That way, the console itself still may be "revealed" fully at E3. As far as him saying it'll be a 2014 launch, we'll see, I have a hunch that'll be true.

Totally prepared for him to be totally wrong though, just fun to speculate.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that we see a highlight real of GT6 on the 20th... with a taste of Bathurst footage.

The OP, nor anyone else knows for absolute sure, whether GT6 will be a PS3 or PS4 game.

Sony and PD still may not know, although this would be highly unlikely.

Its all speculation, based on the next gen console puzzle and how the pieces may fit together.

A year ago, I would not have believed there was any chance of GT6 being a PS4 game.

Now, it certainly appears to be, not just a possibility, but an increasing probability.

Next week, we may get another piece to the puzzle, but we may have to wait till E3 to get a confirming piece.

Ill tell you what I no, there will be no GT6 polyphony digital are remaking rage racer and will be released on the PS5 due to polyphony digitalis insistence on modelling each leaf on trees and each stone that makes up the Tarmac you are racing on. They will also be the first ever dev to model working door handles and yes the air con will work but you will need a Sony air con special dual shock 5.

... and yes the air con will work but you will need a Sony air con special dual shock 5.

Cool! Pun very much intended. Considering how many patent applications Sony Computer Entertainment has made in the past 18 months who knows!

I think Philips has that incredibly small niche market sewn up with it's AmBX system.

lol, ok, you got me there. True.

I think the OP meant GT6 reveal will be at E3. As rumours suggesting PS4 reveal is this month on the 20th then E3 seems logically the place to reveal GT6? Hence, reveal the PS4 and then showcase its games at E3 this year?

Starscream94
I think the OP meant GT6 reveal will be at E3. As rumours suggesting PS4 reveal is this month on the 20th then E3 seems logically the place to reveal GT6? Hence, reveal the PS4 and then showcase its games at E3 this year?

I would think launch titles will be announced, at least some heavy hitters, at the 20th presentation. Not saying I think GT6 is a launch title (although it IS as possibility), but it is a heavy hitter of a game and it is a good game to showcase hardware graphics.

Wouldn't it be great to hear them say on E3: GT6 will be available next months for PS3 and in Spring 2014 for PS4?!

Wouldn't it be great to hear them say on E3: GT6 will be available next months for PS3 and in Spring 2014 for PS4?!

No. A duel release wouldn't be good for the series. But this isn't the place for that talk.

Shouldn't this thread be renamed "what I don't know" and be locked by now?

"What I claim to know without presenting any supporting evidence and will not do so until the game is announced and you will see for yourselves, which means that there's actually not any point for this thread other than a mere 'what if?' hype. Which in all fairness does exist already in pretty much all threads in the GT6 forum."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back