Gran Turismo 6- What I Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT4 to GT5 was almost six years, if I remember correctly...as long as you don't count spinoffs like PSP and Prologue games.

Yes, my point was that should have been a one off, you shouldn't expect that to be the norm.

SimonK
Yes, my point was that should have been a one off, you shouldn't expect that to be the norm.

I might be subconsciously thinking that so I will be happy for an earlier release and saving myself disappointment when the game is delayed (as far I can remember, every title PD has released had some kind if delay).

Simon, am I allowed to write like this? And if so, is this correct and without errors in the way I'm doing this?

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but I've just been reading about Dead or Alive 5+ for Vita, and its 'cross play' feature. Vita should get a GT soonish, so perhaps a rebranding beyond simply Spec III will introduce a GT6 for both PSV & PS3? With cross play? Might make sense of that questionnaire Sony put out last year.

GT4 to GT5 was almost six years, if I remember correctly...as long as you don't count spinoffs like PSP and Prologue games.

GT5 was built from scratch, GT6 is built from GT5, huge head start. It wont be too long.

TBH, I really don't like the idea of GT6 being on PS4 since I've heard that Sony is making the console so that you can't play used games on it. I mean, that's just BS; what if I buy a PS4 and it breaks? I'll have to buy new games.

I might as well switch to xbox completely if that occurs.

Good luck with that as the same rumours for 2nd hand games purchases exist for the next xbox as well (hence the always online rumour).

If it were true, you can bet its a forced issue from 3rd party publishers, so if its on one, its on both...

Anyway, take it with a pinch of salt as the same rumour was used on the run up to the PS3's launch (and I believe on both occasions, it was started by the same website)

Good luck with that as the same rumours for 2nd hand games purchases exist for the next xbox as well (hence the always online rumour).

If it were true, you can bet its a forced issue from 3rd party publishers, so if its on one, its on both...

Anyway, take it with a pinch of salt as the same rumour was used on the run up to the PS3's launch (and I believe on both occasions, it was started by the same website)

I'm hoping it isn't true (though its not very like that it will be) since, even though I really like older games (sixth generation and earlier) and nearly the same with the modern ones (alot of or most of this seventh and hopefully eighth), I don't want the continuation of the video game industry to go to waste since the terrible American and World Economy makes second-hand video game lockout an awful idea, even though it already is an awful idea, economic status aside.

Last edited:

Right now, I'll just take your advice and just hope for the best when the PS4 is launched.

I also hope for GT6 to be out next year and be a lot better than GT5.

I might be subconsciously thinking that so I will be happy for an earlier release and saving myself disappointment when the game is delayed (as far I can remember, every title PD has released had some kind if delay).

I dont like being negative on any forum, but ill also be expecting delays, regardless whatever PD say, so if it happens earlier its all gravy.

Where is this said?

Kaz said said that GT5 is a base for future iterations of GT. He means the engine from GT5 will be used for GT6. So the foundations are there, now its just to tweak the performance in order to make it look and feel a little better considering the hiked performance of the next machine.

While I've given more than my share of complaints about GT5, I can't deny that essentially they've got the base concept right. It just needs a lot of tuning.

I don't really care for the detailed cockpit views, so hopefully the time and effort they'd put into them would be spent elsewhere, if this is true. Happy with the standard black silhouette. I'd rather they bring the poorer-quality standard exterior models up to scratch. More polygons, greater definition, especially between body panels (still having to get into my old Legacy through the boot!!).

I'm happy to wait another year and a half or so, if they nail it.

If all the cars from the game have high quality details, I will be very, very happy, but I really hope they keep as many standard cars as possible, making they all with high quality graphics and dumping all the "duplicates".

My wish list for gt6 would be:
- no more NASCAR
- no more kart racing
- no more rally racing
- all premium quality cars (don't need over 1000 half that would be good)
- more in depth tuning and customization like forza has done (not the decals just parts)
- not so many cars of the same type. We don't need 14 different skylines
- the AI needs to be changed somehow. The fact that is follows the best line through every corner and never messes up is just dumb. Introduce different personalities and allow it to mess up. Just like b spec drivers would.
- please change the long car buying process. Put it back to how gt2 was. Shouldn't take longer than a couple seconds.

While i will not divulge my sources, you will have to trust me when i say i have contacts within SCE and may shed some light on the situation with the next installment- Gran Turismo 6.

Why should you believe me? Everything I reveal will be proven correct over the new year, as my sources are concrete and in regular contact with the PD offices for primarily marketing reasons.

I have three revelations that i feel i can reveal without making my "mole" too obvious to those at sony. They are cryptic but those of you with brains will understand them....

1. GT6 is not a PS3 game- it was developed for the next playstation (reveal at E3, launching 2014) from the beginning.
2. The Top gear license and premium cars will not be returning. Mainly due to worries over the gap between PS4 and PS2 quality cars.
3. The game builds upon the GT5 engine and has given them a huge development headstart that allows me to be confident that the launch window for GT6 is March 2014 in Japan.

Alas, that is all I can say for now, until 3 reveals all.
#1 and 3 sound very good, especially #3. While I am a big Top Gear fan and have recently become one, I can live without that in the game, since I'm more concerned about other issues. #2 does at least sound promising that the premium and standard car bullcrap is gone, so, with this, it could mean much more consistent graphics and a simplified, low quantity but high quality fresh lineup of cars like in GT3. :)

Last edited:
- no more NASCAR
- no more kart racing
- no more rally racing
- more in depth tuning and customization like forza has done (not the decals just parts)
- the AI needs to be changed somehow. The fact that is follows the best line through every corner and never messes up is just dumb. Introduce different personalities and allow it to mess up. Just like b spec drivers would.
- please change the long car buying process. Put it back to how gt2 was. Shouldn't take longer than a couple seconds.

Thank you, like what I say, but also, not just the AI making mistakes, BUT ACTUALLY GOING OUT OF ITS PREDEFINED, ROBOTIC RACING LINE WAY TO ACTUALLY BRAKE LATE OR BLOCK US FOR GOOD COMPETITION FINALLY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Last edited:
Thank you, like what I say, but also, not just the AI making mistakes, BUT ACTUALLY GOING OUT OF ITS PREDEFINED, ROBOTIC RACING LINE WAY TO ACTUALLY BRAKE LATE, BRAKE CHECK OR BLOCK US FOR GOOD COMPETITION FINALLY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Brake checking is banned in racing regulation and results in a penalty/disqualification if I remember rightly, so... why would the AI do this..?

Your wishlist would be in the thread for peoples wishlists. Or rather, it should be 👍
Car and track wishlist : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260292
Everything but above : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260298

Brake checking is banned in racing regulation and results in a penalty/disqualification if I remember rightly, so... why would the AI do this..?
I think I meant something else by brake checking, like late braking. Whoops.

Last edited:
I am not going to believe this until I see it for myself. But also it look quite obvious. Weird about Top Gear not coming back. (So Silverstone will be the new British track)

(didn´t read all 10 pages so I may ask)

Can you ask him about the engine sounds? If they are going to use the same sounds again it will be a mistake. A huge one.

- no more NASCAR
- no more kart racing
- no more rally racing

But i love Kart racing :guilty:
Rally could be done right if they actually take time to see what they are doing.

- no more NASCAR
- no more kart racing
- no more rally racing

Why no Karting, NASCAR, or rally? Gran Turismo 5 celebrates racing of all kinds and those are all very respectable aspects of racing.

- no more NASCAR
- no more kart racing
- no more rally racing

Lol. What every "next-GT" thread evolves into.

I want a Game Mode where I can drive to the shops and buy some cheese.

from what I know about brits this seems about right.

tumblr_lme3spzWsz1qfkbt5o1_400.gif

I am wondering about something. Is everyone OK with the one game iteration per one console generation thing? I'm not since GT si pretty much only game series I play. On PS2 I got to play GT3 and 4 and Prologue. On allmighty PS3 only GT5 and its' 'demo'. I'm not paying another 400 or more euros just to play one game through entire console's lifecycle – maybe seondhand PS4 or inevitable slim version.

You're a member with just 16 posts, so you're not exactly an avid member of GTPlanet.
So, you have nothing to lose if you're proven wrong.

So, In other words, I won't even humour the OP of this thread.
And I have heard hundreds of people claiming they have sources within SCE/PD. 👍

from what I know about brits this seems about right.

tumblr_lme3spzWsz1qfkbt5o1_400.gif

How about a McDonalds Drive-Thru? ;)

fat-american.jpg

There quit popular outside of Europe (
poke.gif
)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back