Gran Turismo 6- What I Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering about something. Is everyone OK with the one game iteration per one console generation thing? I'm not since GT is pretty much only game series I play. On PS2 I got to play GT3 and 4 and Prologue. On almighty PS3 only GT5 and its' 'demo'. I'm not paying another 400 or more euros just to play one game through entire console's lifecycle – maybe seondhand PS4 or inevitable slim version.

Well actually GT6 hasn't even been confirmed for PS4 release yet, not even the PS4 has been confirmed for a release date yet so it is still unknown whether or not the game will be on PS3 or PS4 and if the two major games per console line will continue.

Also you can't really consider it a GT thing because they have only done it twice.If your spending $400+ just to buy one game i suggest you look into the PS game inventory or you go to PC gaming because you might end up wasting a lot of money in the long run.

from what I know about brits this seems about right.

tumblr_lme3spzWsz1qfkbt5o1_400.gif

Failure to mention Monty Python in this context is a sin.

At the earliest? So you think a 5+ year dev cycle will be the norm for GT now? They're doomed if it is.

They wouldn't be doomed. They have a couple million in the bank, and would be able to stay afloat and even get support by Sony to finish the game properly. If you doubt that Sony would do such a thing, consider how much money the GT series makes them.

How about empty Bitburger bottles and unwanted bratwurst rolling around on the track at Nurb 24...? Overheating engines from burger baps clogging up rad intakes...?

They wouldn't be doomed. They have a couple million in the bank, and would be able to stay afloat and even get support by Sony to finish the game properly. If you doubt that Sony would do such a thing, consider how much money the GT series makes them.

What I'm saying is they can't keep on a 5-year cycle for each game, if they do slowly but surely everyone is going to get impatient and move onto other games.

What I'm saying is they can't keep on a 5-year cycle for each game, if they do slowly but surely everyone is going to get impatient and move onto other games.

Agreed^

A 5 year wait should only be a temporary thing for a driving game like GT. A Forza Motorsport game only takes 2 years before release and I bet a lot of GT fans migrated to forza due to that.

I would have the patience to wait for another GT within that time, but I'm pretty sure not that many fans would have the patience that I have.

RandomCarGuy17
Agreed^

A 5 year wait should only be a temporary thing for a driving game like GT. A Forza Motorsport game only takes 2 years before release and I bet a lot of GT fans migrated to forza due to that.

I would have the patience to wait for another GT within that time, but I'm pretty sure not that many fans would have the patience that I have.

How long has it been for gt6 so far?

You want to talk FM vs GT then go to the right thread, this is not the one for it.

I'm really not so sure about GT6 being a PS4 release, it seems foolish to throw away everything PD learnt about using the PS3s resources and just move straight to a new console.

Well, if there is a PS4 coming, they got no choice. It doesn't look good to release a new PS3 game the week after the PS4 is released. If Sony is making a PS4, surely they want GT6 to be one of the selling points.

Sony wants to hang on to old hardware for as long as it possibly can, that's just common business practice.
PS3s are still selling and are being made with cheaper and cheaper parts, another Gran Turismo release would further boost sales from both new customers and people with worn out PS3s being drawn back and end up buying the newest console model that gives Sony a higher profit margin than the older models gave.

The problem is that old hardware is getting exponentially older with time. Sony can't hang on to the PS3 any longer than Microsoft is hanging on to the Xbox 360. Neither of them can't hold on much longer regardless of each other because PC's would be so much ahead of them. No high profile game studio would want to develop games for the PlayStation or the Xbox if they were so far behind PC's.

According to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet (that's an example of a source) there are rumors (yep still rumors, but it's the source saying that it is, so technically it's still a valid source) that the PS4 will be announced at either Game Developer's Conference this spring, or at E3 this summer.

Another article mentions a rumor about both the next Xbox and the next PlayStation being released in time for Christmas 2013, although they say that this rumor is less reliable.

Now, (and this is only me speculating, don't quote me...) it would make sense to release a console as quickly as possible after it's been announced, scince computers and electronics are aging really fast these days (have been doing so ever scince the 1960's actually, perhaps even longer than that), if they would wait a whole year before releasing, much of the technology would be obsolete before it's out on the market. Announcing new, wild features and then waiting a year before releasing, also gives the competition time to catch up and copy the winning concepts.

Maybe it's not what will actually happen, but at least there is some sense to it.

I am wondering about something. Is everyone OK with the one game iteration per one console generation thing? I'm not since GT si pretty much only game series I play. On PS2 I got to play GT3 and 4 and Prologue. On allmighty PS3 only GT5 and its' 'demo'. I'm not paying another 400 or more euros just to play one game through entire console's lifecycle – maybe seondhand PS4 or inevitable slim version.

I see where you're coming from, but if there is a PS4 coming soon, then they have no choice but to make GT6 a PS4 game. Sony is not going to release the next console without any big titles supporting it. Perhaps if GT5 would have been quicker to develop they could have made two PS3 titles within the timeframe, but as things unfolded it doesn't seem very likely.
Assuming of course that there actually is a PS4 coming soon, God Only Knows...

Last edited:
Bump that... A TABLET?!!! Now that would be bonkers! Touch screen to access games, movies, music. Games on the go. A stand to prop the screen? The possibilities are limitless. How big will that screen be? Too many questions IF that is a reality.

Well, if there is a PS4 coming, they got no choice. It doesn't look good to release a new PS3 game the week after the PS4 is released. If Sony is making a PS4, surely they want GT6 to be one of the selling points.

The problem is that old hardware is getting exponentially older with time. Sony can't hang on to the PS3 any longer than Microsoft is hanging on to the Xbox 360. Neither of them can't hold on much longer regardless of each other because PC's would be so much ahead of them. No high profile game studio would want to develop games for the PlayStation or the Xbox if they were so far behind PC's. ...

PCs have always been ahead, and by a larger margin previously than now.

IMO the bigger problem for the console makers at this point, is the cost of PC gaming, which is at an all time low.
As I did recently, gamers for a minimal investment can buy a PC that will play practically all of PC games, with your console controller and good graphics.
The game selection is so much more vast and less costly too.
The Steam box is also of note in this category.

Be that as it may, the fact remains, Sony has no choice.

The biggest reason they have no choice is a two letter word called: MS
If MS releases another Xbox by whatever name it may be called, Sony must release another playstation, and in a much prompter time frame than last time.
PS3 sales after five years of bringing up the rear, just recently matched 360 numbers.
They can't afford to get left in the dust again this time.
Although I'm sure they hate forgoing the potential GT6 sales to those 70 + million PS3 owners.
Until recently, I did not believe that would happen, but MS is forcing their hand.

Ironically, I'm not sure under the current economic circumstances, whether either company can really afford to release a new console with the initial losses usually associated with it, and a likely longer term payback.
Particularly Sony, since it is almost swimming in red ink.

According to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet (that's an example of a source) there are rumors (yep still rumors, but it's the source saying that it is, so technically it's still a valid source) that the PS4 will be announced at either Game Developer's Conference this spring, or at E3 this summer.

Another article mentions a rumor about both the next Xbox and the next PlayStation being released in time for Christmas 2013, although they say that this rumor is less reliable.

Now, (and this is only me speculating, don't quote me...) it would make sense to release a console as quickly as possible after it's been announced, scince computers and electronics are aging really fast these days (have been doing so ever scince the 1960's actually, perhaps even longer than that), if they would wait a whole year before releasing, much of the technology would be obsolete before it's out on the market. Announcing new, wild features and then waiting a year before releasing, also gives the competition time to catch up and copy the winning concepts.

Maybe it's not what will actually happen, but at least there is some sense to it.

and this:
http://www.gamingcapacity.com/the-ps...a-aaa-line-up/

I agree, it does make sense.

I see where you're coming from, but if there is a PS4 coming soon, then they have no choice but to make GT6 a PS4 game. Sony is not going to release the next console without any big titles supporting it. Perhaps if GT5 would have been quicker to develop they could have made two PS3 titles within the timeframe, but as things unfolded it doesn't seem very likely.
Assuming of course that there actually is a PS4 coming soon, God Only Knows...

True, God Only Knows.
But again, Sony truly has no choice, so the PS4 has to be coming soon.
And they have got to do everything possible to move them, which is where the big titles come in.
Of note, GT6.

I never believed GT6 being for PS3. Just no logic at all to split up the community when they support it with patches and DLC. Not to calculate the resources needed for supporting 2 versions of a PS3 game while PS4 is coming. Just plain stupid strategy.
Now, GT6 for PS4 is pure logic and economy + a real possibility to actually make a different game (hopefully better too). What will be interresting is what kind of controllers the new PS4 will be shipped with. This will be the big thing for next gen consoles. If rumors are true i guess it will come with a controller with touchscreen of some sort.
Anyway, we will soon know as 20th feb is coming soon.

My wish list for gt6 would be:
- no more NASCAR
- no more kart racing
- no more rally racing
- all premium quality cars (don't need over 1000 half that would be good)
- more in depth tuning and customization like forza has done (not the decals just parts)
- not so many cars of the same type. We don't need 14 different skylines
- the AI needs to be changed somehow. The fact that is follows the best line through every corner and never messes up is just dumb. Introduce different personalities and allow it to mess up. Just like b spec drivers would.
- please change the long car buying process. Put it back to how gt2 was. Shouldn't take longer than a couple seconds.

Wow, wow, wow, take it easy. NASCAR, kart racing and rally racing should just be implemented better, not eliminated. Tuning and customisation, though, is greatly needed. Decals could allow some creative players to play around more.

Duplicates should not be eliminated. I mean, toned down from like 50 to 25, yes. But make sure the differences are great, worth the time to go and drive each models. Japanese makes should still have a big presence as that maintains the spirit of the original GT games.

The AI do mess up sometimes. Just look for them. And what makes the car buying process long? You go to the dealership, choose your car and buy it. That's how its going to be, as there won't be standards anymore. Unless you're talking about the UCD, which shouldn't be changed.

Duplicates should not be eliminated. I mean, toned down from like 50 to 25, yes. But make sure the differences are great, worth the time to go and drive each models.

They haven't taken the time to actually do this since GT2, so isn't as if someone is way out of line for just giving up hope that they will instead of just padding the car count.

While i will not divulge my sources, you will have to trust me when i say i have contacts within SCE and may shed some light on the situation with the next installment- Gran Turismo 6.

Why should you believe me? Everything I reveal will be proven correct over the new year, as my sources are concrete and in regular contact with the PD offices for primarily marketing reasons.

I have three revelations that i feel i can reveal without making my "mole" too obvious to those at sony. They are cryptic but those of you with brains will understand them....

1. GT6 is not a PS3 game- it was developed for the next playstation (reveal at E3, launching 2014) from the beginning.
2. The Top gear license and premium cars will not be returning. Mainly due to worries over the gap between PS4 and PS2 quality cars.
3. The game builds upon the GT5 engine and has given them a huge development headstart that allows me to be confident that the launch window for GT6 is March 2014 in Japan.

Could be true, been mentioned a couple of times that 1 of Sony's devs has had input on the hardware side of things for PS4 and my money is Naughty Dog or PD.

For as much as I love the uncharted series, can you imagine GT6 being a launch title for PS4? The amount of sales it would add to PS4 would be crazy. There is no way Sony would let the delays that hit GT5 also hit GT6.

Roll on PS4 and GT6 :D

Could be true, been mentioned a couple of times that 1 of Sony's devs has had input on the hardware side of things for PS4 and my money is Naughty Dog or PD.

For as much as I love the uncharted series, can you imagine GT6 being a launch title for PS4? The amount of sales it would add to PS4 would be crazy. There is no way Sony would let the delays that hit GT5 also hit GT6.

Roll on PS4 and GT6 :D

PS4-Launch Package with GT6 and Uncharted 4. THAT would be great for me :dopey:
Ps4 + Gt6 would also be fine ;)

It would be very epic if GT6 managed to be released as a PS4 launch title. Too bad I can't afford a PS4 right now, I'm looking for a job at the moment.

PS4-Launch Package with GT6 and Uncharted 4. THAT would be great for me :dopey:
Ps4 + Gt6 would also be fine ;)

When you take into account that good first party titles are very very important for Sony, you can be sure that we get something that good at the start.

As much as I like the Microsoft first party titles more, you can see how much energy and time Sony spends on their own games.

Sony will definetly have something in store against Project Gotham Racing and Forza Motorsport at release or short after release of its new hardware. :dopey:

It looks Like this has turned into a Gt6 ps3 or ps4 thread.

With more people hoping for PS3, but I'll wait and see on this right now I'm still not getting PS4 right at onset though no matter what $400 is still TOO MUCH! I'll put it this way at $400 that's the start of Basic Laptops to most people on this forum that might not be appealing, but to other people that's way too much that you can't type papers, spreadsheets, power points etc etc.

How long have you been buying consoles for? $400 is very reasonable at launch. It was a whole year until PS3 hit that price and it's the exact same price the 360 20GB cost at launch. It's also only $100 more than PS2/Xbox, released 13 years ago. So bearing In mind inflation it would be reasonable for the next gen to cost around the same as 360 on launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back