Gran Turismo 7’s Next Update to Include Hyundai Elantra N TCR

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 74 comments
  • 19,563 views

Jordan

Administrator
Messages
24,961
United States
United States
Messages
GTP_Jordan
Messages
GTP_Jordan
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Next Update to Include Hyundai Elantra N TCR​

The news from the Gran Turismo World Finals in Fukuoka continues to roll in. Alongside the major milestones and future venue announcements, Polyphony Digital and Hyundai have pulled back the curtain on the next confirmed addition to the Gran Turismo 7 car roster: the Hyundai Elantra N TCR...
 
Last edited:
The picture of @Stephan posted in the other thread

1766297420197-webp.1500938
 
The guy in the middle didn't talk about the Hyundai Elantra N TCR being added in the next update but in the next DLC. Probably a slip of the tongue, but still.
 
Oh nice. That’s a nice addition.
 
this is a great addition to the game
 
Awesome early Christmas surprise!!
 
Pretty cool. Glad to see it come to GT7
 
The guy in the middle didn't talk about the Hyundai Elantra N TCR being added in the next update but in the next DLC. Probably a slip of the tongue, but still.
Well, any content update is a DLC. I don't think we will see regular paid DLC.
 
Here, I'm so excited about this! Kaz, more race cars like the 296 GT3, or the Elantra N TCR itself! I haven't found the care and love GT puts into designing their race cars anywhere else, man, the 296 GT3 with all the customization it has could easily be the Evo model! I can't wait to see the Elantra N TCR!
 
Another car to add to the Super Taikyu grid. :)

Hopefully TCR will want to see the full width of brand in Gran Turismo. Break us off the Audi, Opel, Volvo/CYAN/Lynk & Co., Honda, Peugeot, Toyota, Renault TCR cars and I'm good to go. ;)
 
I hope this collaboration with Hyundai brings not only more cars, but also a real racetrack from South Korea, such as Inje Speedium, whose characteristics make it clear that it seems to have been designed by PDI engineers.
 
Last edited:
Very cool car and a nice addition to the game.
They said that they were working on something that would be known later in 2026 but my guess is a new Hyundai VGT. It would make sense since the other is labeled 2025 for their vision of what the N line would become in 2025 so I believe it would be updated for their vision for 2035.
I’m just speculating but whatever happened I am just happy to have a new gr4 car.
 
Last edited:
Very cool! Always glad to see a new Gr.4 racer. I'd definitely love to see other brands get represented in Gr.4 via TCR, such as with the Fiat Tipo, or the Opel Astra.
 
Last edited:
Gr 4 needs more real cars so this is good. Now, they need to ditch all the fantasy Gr4s that overwhelm the class. Replace the silly NSX Gr4 with a real Civic TC, and ditch the outlandish Veyron Gr4 (a fraction of the cost of a standard Veyron) and replace it with...nothing.

Seems the Elantra was the only big-ish announcement at the Finals; a bit of an anticlimax after LA. Was at least expecting a Dunlop event to replace the Michelin TTs we had a few years back, especially with the Dunlop-liveried Porsxhe on display at the venue.
 
Great news! I'm looking forward to creating the respective TCR & Nürburgring liveries!
Definitely hoping for Michelisz liveries :)

EDIT: I meant liveries of Norbert Michelisz’ cars, not Michelins :)
 
Last edited:
I would like some clarification in the words I heard in the presentation of the Hyundai Elantra N TCR.
Joon Park, head of Hyundai N Performance Brand, said "the Elantra N TCR will be available in the next DLC for Gran Turismo 7"
I want to know is the term "DLC" mean update or paid download content?
Thank you.
 
Kind of sucks not that Michelin are gone. Might have gotten tyre branding like the G70 GR.4.
 
Back