Gran Turismo 7 1.35 Update Now Available: Adds Aston Martin Valkyrie and New Music Rally Races

• Thread starter Famine
  • 698 comments
Not surprised, just disappointed with GT7.

Yet another lackluster update with a handful of events which don't solve the issues with the game that many playing are crying out for.

There must be only a few channels where PD read/receive feedback and it's clearly not from the places we're raising our thoughts.

With how fast these events can be completed (I didn't spend 4 million credits on the Valkyrie, knowing I wouldn't have anywhere else to use it after the three lap sprint) it's wasn't actually worth the time setting up my racing rig.

Again, just disappointed as there's so much potential here, they are actively not using it...

Well I agree other than the fact that the Valkyrie is pretty useful though. It will be good for all the WTC800 races, if you are bored at doing the typical racing car choices, and it can manage the fuel nicely too, a rare combo for a road car (well this 'road car' has 1000-1500 aero though) 😄. Also naturally it will get the job done in the Hypercar parade races. Not sure if you can classify these races as few, like 8-10 in total at least (haven't done the exact math).

Then there is the fact that Valkyrie beats a 919 Hybrid on a timed lap at Le Mans 24 with chicanes. That requires you to drain the hybrid/overtake energy pretty much, but even so it is damn impressive the 919 Hybrid loses by around 1,5 seconds. The car is just ridiculously fast in right hands. Only thing where it struggles is racing in endurance format due to rear tire wear which is pretty bad, and slightly fuel consumption too (these both compared to racing cars, but maybe not a totally 'fair' comparison 🤔). But in 800pp you can still make it work at Sardegna WTC800.

Then if you play GTWS races actively in sport mode, you get a lot of credits in the near future.

But yeah they should make the new events pay more. If not, then make the Human Comedy 1 hr races pay out every time you win one.

Last edited:
I’m really not into hyper cars.. but this Valkyrie is insane! There’s people who actually own this car? Like why? I will still take a 918 over this but this car reminds me of a formula car. The way it goes around the track is just incredible!

Then there is the fact that Valkyrie beats a 919 Hybrid on a timed lap at Le Mans 24 with chicanes. That requires you to drain the hybrid/overtake energy pretty much, but even so it is damn impressive the 919 Hybrid loses by around 1,5 seconds. The car is just ridiculously fast in right hands. Only thing where it struggles is racing in endurance format due to rear tire wear which is pretty bad, and slightly fuel consumption too (these both compared to racing cars, but maybe not a totally 'fair' comparison 🤔). But in 800pp you can still make it work at Sardegna WTC800.
The Valkyrie really is such a ****ing beast, no matter how you drive it or look at it.

Definitely expecting more hypercars (and Japanese 4WD cars) in future updates.

The Valkyrie really is such a ****ing beast, no matter how you drive it or look at it.

Definitely expecting more hypercars (and Japanese 4WD cars) in future updates.

Yeah AMG Project One might be next. 🤔 Then you could have a more exclusive model from Lambo or Bugatti I guess. Koenigsegg would be epic to see in GT7, but to date it has never happened.

PD getting hold of the Valkyrie is something worth celebrating if you ask me. The car pushes the physical limits of what a "road" car is capable of, showcasing F1 tech and aerodynamics in a truly insane package. It's as significant as the Ferrari F40, McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron and Porsche 918 for the sheer technical prowess and earth-shattering performance. This significance is further heightened by the new wave of electric hypercars and the ever growing clamps on combustion engines. Having a 6.5 litre V12 that revs to 11,000 RPM laughs in the face of the EV and environmentalists.

Last edited:
There's a bug with the Valkyrie - you can buy racing drilled / carbon brakes but the visual brakes on the car are not changed. Normally, cars that come equipped with racing brakes as standard cannot purchase other brakes, but a few cars have this "oddity" and the visual brakes change accordingly (all 7 of the Gr Road Cars, Vulcan, FXXK and Citroen GT).

I got the progression block with the DRIFT music rally too, but it fixed itself after restarting the game. I'm not a big fan of the game mode (would've preferred PD added course maker), but the Marechia music rally has a pretty nice vibe. Probably the only one where the music matches the setting. Oh and I've always felt the castle in Moon Over The Castle referred to the Nurburg castle. Glad the last event confirmed that :D Still got nothing on Enthusia's Nurburgring Suite though.

Good to see GTWS rank payouts are quite substantial too. My credits are running low thanks to buying all the engine swaps. At least now I don't have to resort to script grinding.

Last edited:
snc
I think route is quite clear. They made around 60-90h singleplayer content (time for platinum and gold most events, at least for me) and they try to encourage players to participate in sports mode: thats why we have good payout for time trials and now for gtws events.
If it really is like that, than they should communicate it like that instead of saying that it’s the most complete GT to this day and is more focused on single-player. You can’t say that when your online focused title had a bigger and more diverse single-player campaign.
But ok, you should earn your credits trough sports mode. But then at least give people more races, races that make use of all these different cars they put in the game.

If it really is like that, than they should communicate it like that instead of saying that it’s the most complete GT to this day and is more focused on single-player. You can’t say that when your online focused title had a bigger and more diverse single-player campaign.
But ok, you should earn your credits trough sports mode. But then at least give people more races, races that make use of all these different cars they put in the game.
Cant understand love to terrible gt sport campaign ;d Was there even a purpose in this boring league ?

Last edited:
snc
Cant understand love to terrible gt sport campaign ;d Was there even a purpose in this boring league ?
I agree with this, I also think GT Sport's is by a distance the worst-designed campaign in the series. It's the definition of "here's a checklist of events, go do them, ask no more questions" and doesn't even have a defined endgame final race beyond just "have them all done". Every other game in the main series, no matter their flaws elsewhere, gives you some feeling of progression and achievement as you win through, but Sport's just never feels like you're moving forward at all.

Well I agree other than the fact that the Valkyrie is pretty useful though. It will be good for all the WTC800 races, if you are bored at doing the typical racing car choices, and it can manage the fuel nicely too, a rare combo for a road car (well this 'road car' has 1000-1500 aero though) 😄. Also naturally it will get the job done in the Hypercar parade races. Not sure if you can classify these races as few, like 8-10 in total at least (haven't done the exact math).

Then if you play GTWS races actively in sport mode, you get a lot of credits in the near future.

But yeah they should make the new events pay more. If not, then make the Human Comedy 1 hr races pay out every time you win one.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but we've done all the Hypercar events and I've got a brilliant tune for the Sauber C9 for the 800pp events.

Think we're on the same page where we need a bunch of new, curated events with decent AI

snc
I never said „I love it“, I just said that it’s bigger and more diverse. At the end GT had over 300 Races, and it had more diverse events like Clio Cup, Boxer Spirit, Lamborghini Cup, TT Tourist Trophy etc., of course added to most of the events we have now in GT7. I haven’t counted all the races in GT7, but I’m pretty sure it’s much less, and that in a game that is said to be a full fledged single player iteration of the series.

I actually love the idea of the Menu Books, it has a lot of personality and gives a good insight into the automotive world, it has a lot of class too. Of course in comparison to this, GT League is much weaker, but they ain’t doing a lot out of this Menu Book thing.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but we've done all the Hypercar events and I've got a brilliant tune for the Sauber C9 for the 800pp events.

Think we're on the same page where we need a bunch of new, curated events with decent AI

Yeah, personally I get bored of using the same cars over and over, so good to have variety.

There's a bug with the Valkyrie - you can buy racing drilled / carbon brakes but the visual brakes on the car are not changed. Normally, cars that come equipped with racing brakes as standard cannot purchase other brakes, but a few cars have this "oddity" and the visual brakes change accordingly (all 7 of the Gr Road Cars, Vulcan, FXXK and Citroen GT).

I got the progression block with the DRIFT music rally too, but it fixed itself after restarting the game. I'm not a big fan of the game mode (would've preferred PD added course maker), but the Marechia music rally has a pretty nice vibe. Probably the only one where the music matches the setting. Oh and I've always felt the castle in Moon Over The Castle referred to the Nurburg castle. Glad the last event confirmed that :D Still got nothing on Enthusia's Nurburgring Suite though.

Good to see GTWS rank payouts are quite substantial too. My credits are running low thanks to buying all the engine swaps. At least now I don't have to resort to script grinding.

Not relevant but Oh how much I miss Enthusia especially when they got the SAAB OG 9-5 :)

I never said „I love it“, I just said that it’s bigger and more diverse. At the end GT had over 300 Races, and it had more diverse events like Clio Cup, Boxer Spirit, Lamborghini Cup, TT Tourist Trophy etc., of course added to most of the events we have now in GT7. I haven’t counted all the races in GT7, but I’m pretty sure it’s much less, and that in a game that is said to be a full fledged single player iteration of the series.

I actually love the idea of the Menu Books, it has a lot of personality and gives a good insight into the automotive world, it has a lot of class too. Of course in comparison to this, GT League is much weaker, but they ain’t doing a lot out of this Menu Book thing.
173 events currently (Excluding Missions & Licenses, but including & counting Championships as a single event).

If the cafe was a side section to a regular GTMode & you could only choose one of the cars featured in each menu book it would have been a much more packed experience.

If we were going by Events added by Miles however, I think this update only added around 60 miles of event gameplay?

The Subie & Evo were neccesary additions that were greatly missed, and the Valkyrie is a great addition too. I just wish there was more life to the events.

The magical spark is definitely still there, but only in really weird and specific areas like the Missions, the Licenses, the GTAuto animations & the Menu Book cinematics. I just wish it extended back into the core gameplay like it used to.

PD getting hold of the Valkyrie is something worth celebrating if you ask me. The car pushes the physical limits of what a "road" car is capable of, showcasing F1 tech and aerodynamics in a truly insane package. It's as significant as the Ferrari F40, McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron and Porsche 918 for the sheer technical prowess and earth-shattering performance. This significance is further heightened by the new wave of electric hypercars and the ever growing clamps on combustion engines. Having a 6.5 litre V12 that revs to 11,000 RPM laughs in the face of the EV and environmentalists.
That would be exciting, if I was able to drive it in real life.

I am not sure me flicking my DualSense thumbstick left to right, while they use a dummy rig from another car, and upscale some values for performance, is me experiencing even 1% of this car (or any cars) capabilities.

I guess the Scapes photos will look good?

The best part of this update for me is the reduction of D-Pad sensitivity. I can finally drive properly, draw nice curves and no longer see my car teleporting from right to left on the track like this:

OH7A.gif

I'm finally able to enjoy driving in this game.
Hope they won't roll it back

For what it is worth, Music Rally bug is acknowledged by PD and will be fixed. 😀
You can sidestep the bug already. I found a workable technique whereby you simply pause the run - it seems to work best if you do it right near the end, although I've only been able to test it three times as once it's been cleared it works every time.

Look at how long ago they said they'd add more Music Rallies. These things clearly take time. I'm sure they will get there eventually.
Fixing basic advertised game features should always take priority over adding additional content, but their strategy is transparent:

At launch reviewers gave them a pass on the broken splitscreen multiplayer because PD acknowledged it and promised "Those issues are planned to be solved with a future update.", now over 15 month later they still (falsly) advertise this (broken) feature and noone but a few players seem to care. :banghead:

If for whatever reason they are unable to fix it or don't want to, they should be honest, but that might make them liable for false advertising in some countries (I'm not a lawyer fortunately), so they'll just keep misleading everyone until GT8 comes out or the world ends.

/rant

edit:
Great. Expect it to be fixed "with a future update".

Last edited:
If for whatever reason they are unable to fix it or don't want to, they should be honest, but that might make them liable for false advertising in some countries (I'm not a lawyer fortunately), so they'll just keep misleading everyone until GT8 comes out or the world ends.
This almost happened with car selling since they said it on the PS Store description.
Great. Expect it to be fixed "with a future update".
Expect a hotfix update in middle of the next month, that's usually a job for those.

Couldn't have put it any better. I'm almost convinced, like, every update, that they are actually trying to test the player's patience.

Unbelievable... How the hell does 1 year and 4 months pass and we are stuck with the same aberration races that are both, low-payout and absolutely dreadful to "race" on.

We get Music Rally... More Music Rally events added before we get True Endurance races ... Before we get more actual Championship events added. Before we even get the Custom Races AI truly fixed even...
Like seriously, who the flying frick cares about Music Rally? How the hell can they focus on something that like .1% of the fanbase gives a flying dump about it?

Another ****-tier update really. Valkyrie isn't enough to save it and neither is the new format of Sport Mode races. Only 3 cars, no track, 4 insignificant race events, extra menus that nobody asks for, more scapes for the 1% of photographers who play this game...
After over a year of this, I think the ugly, simple truth is that PD just don’t care about single-player anymore and it shows with how bare minimum these monthly additions to it are. The shallow campaign we do have is there because PD know they can’t get away with putting out another purely esports focused title like GT Sport again. Heck, we only got the 4 big paying races and The Human Comedy missions because of the outrage over the game’s original economy. If those races were actually planned and not a panic response to GT7 being review bombed to hell and receiving negative press, surely we would have even more races like them by now.

And speaking of esports, yeah, that’s constantly shoved in our faces. Just look at what most of the content on GT’s YouTube channel and social media is related to. And virtually everything regarding the celebration of the series’ 25th anniversary was esports focused: AI races based on the ones the GTWS finalists would do and rewarding players with in-game prizes for tuning in on the live stream of the finals and correctly predicting the winners. Absolutely nothing added as a nod or throwback to the history of the series and previous games. Oh, the GTWS fininalists are characters and AI drivers in the game.

So much of GT7 and its promotion revolves around esports, it’s painfully clear that’s where PD’s priorities lie at the end of the day. But trying to market that a second time prior to release obviously would not work out well.

Last edited:
After over a year of this, I think the ugly, simple truth is that PD just don’t care about single-player anymore and it shows with how bare minimum these monthly addition to it are. The shallow campaign we do have is there because PD know they can’t get away with putting out another purely esports focused title like GT Sport again. Heck, we only got the 4 big paying races and The Human Comedy missions because of the outrage over the game’s original economy. If those races were actually planned and not a panic response to GT7 being review bombed to hell and receiving negative press, surely we would have even more races like them by now.

And speaking of esports, yeah, that’s constantly shoved in our faces. Just look at what most of the content on GT’s YouTube channel and social media is related to. And virtually everything regarding the celebration of the series’ 25th anniversary was esports focused: AI races based on the ones the GTWS finalists would do and rewarding players with in-game prizes for tuning in on the live stream of the finals and correctly predicting the winners. Absolutely nothing added as a nod or throwback to the history of the series and previous games. Oh, the GTWS fininalists are characters and AI drivers in the game.

So much of GT7 and its promotion revolves around esports, it’s painfully clear that’s where PD’s priorities lie at the end of the day. But trying to market that a second time prior to release obviously would not work out well.
And yet despite this, this article from last year did not cause more media storm that it should have been (especially with how it was (a) several months after the 1.06/1.07 incident and (b) GTWS still does not have cash prizes, though they never promoted/promised one to begin with), despite the ongoing push for racing esports seemingly still going (eg. with Rennsport):

I've also heard reports/rumors of on-site, inter-player bullying during the live events.

Last edited:
Likely gonna buy two of the Evo III. One in red, and another in like, silver or something in case they end up giving it an alternative engine. I can wait a while for the other two - though I might just get a blobeye in blue just to get that Extra Menu taken care of.

Funny enough, when I played earlier this week before the update, I won a white Nissan Z Performance via a four-star ticket, so maybe I’ll use that one for an engine swap. Meanwhile, I’ll just keep the stock engine when it comes to the blue one I already had bought.

If/when I do eventually buy the Valkyrie, though, it’ll likely be in some sort of green.

Last edited:
Back