Gran Turismo 7 coming "best case scenario" in 2014

• Thread starter SynGamer
  • 306 comments
I would bet my whole bank account that there is gt7 prologue coming late 2014 and full version is coming early 2016. Gt6 has at least 2 years of life if not 3.

Your biggest mistake right there is saying you don't like Nascar. You are not allowed to have an opinion on such a matter around here. I know because I made the same mistake here on this forum before. Just smile and pretend you love Nascar. Oh and before people get their panties in a twist I am not saying its a talentless sport. I'm just saying that watching cars going around a track in one direction is not interesting to me.

Incorrect. There's a huge difference between expressing your opinion ( "I don't find it interesting") and pure ignorance ("They aren't athletes").

BTW, don't ever take the word of a washed-up NFL has-been with no championship stats to his name. That's called jealously.

If they're only modeling 30-40 cars a year, waiting an extra year wont help much. The other game is getting very solid scores despite having less content then previous titles. This may be controversial, but I hope PD starts to entertain free to play and DLC models of other games. It gets us a content faster, but at a price, a price Im willing to pay. Give us half the cars you built in DLC, the other half on disc in the next retail game.
Do you really want to pay that much money for one game, if you can have all cars for 60$? The cars from GT5 DLC cost about 0,5-1$ each. GT6 offers 1200 cars.

I am willing to pay 60-100$ for a game with DLC. But i will never ever pay 150-500$ for a stupid game. I would sell my console and never buy a game again if Sony or another company thinks it would be a good idea to sell Forza or GT as a F2P game to milk the cow.

Last edited:
driving in circles does not take any talent. as for tuning a nascar, you can find all you need to know right on these boards.

Explain why Juan-Pablo Montoya, Jacques Villeneuve, Dario Franchitti, Paul Tracy, Christian Fittipaldi, Scott Pruett, Patrick Carpentier, Danica Patrick, and Sam Hornish have raced but never won a race on an oval in NASCAR? In fact the only one of them to win ANY NASCAR event is JPM and that was on a road course, in Mexico, in the "2nd string" Nationwide series. Actually I think Villeneuve won in Canada last year too at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Ironic), but again NOT an oval. Or how about Marcos Ambrose (Who did win 1 or 2 road courses)? Boris Said? Road course ringers but can't hack the ovals. Personally I really wanted Ambrose to get an oval but it's too late now as he is going back to V8 Supercar, Montoya back to open wheel. The only two true success stories that I know of in a driver crossing over is Tony Stewart and Jimme Johnson.

All of these drivers are formidable foes, some at the very top of the list, in the series they came from, but can't close the deal in a stock car? On the flipside some NASCAR drivers have gone on to successful wins in other series. The Earhardts were often ringers at the 24hrs of Daytona for Corvette Racing many years. Multiple others have done the same in GT series cars.

Oh and you can find tuning for ANY car or discipline on these boards. If you want a setup because you don't want to mess with it or have no idea how to do it, you will find it here with a bit of looking, so that point is null.

As for "like donovan mcnabb said, nascar drivers are not athletes.", Wow. You're going to quote him? Ok well by that standard NO racing driver in ANY series should be considered an athlete. He might be a "traditional athlete" tough guy but run him through 4hrs at Phoenix OR a 4hr stint at Sebring and I'd bet he would be crying for his mommy like a little 🤬.

Okay OK, off topic rant over.

Last edited:
Explain why Juan-Pablo Montoya, Jacques Villeneuve, Dario Franchitti, Paul Tracy, Christian Fittipaldi, Scott Pruett, Patrick Carpentier, Danica Patrick, and Sam Hornish have raced but never won a race on an oval in NASCAR? In fact the only one of them to win ANY NASCAR event is JPM and that was on a road course, in Mexico, in the "2nd string" Nationwide series.
Sam Hornish has won twice on ovals in the Nationwide series and JPM has won twice in Cup, granted those were on road courses. Though, JPM has come close to winning on an oval several times. Hell I remember just this season he was leading late in a race and got screwed over. And if you wanna be really technical, Scott Pruett and Franchitti have both won multiple NASCAR events.

Explain why Juan-Pablo Montoya, Jacques Villeneuve, Dario Franchitti, Paul Tracy, Christian Fittipaldi, Scott Pruett, Patrick Carpentier, Danica Patrick, and Sam Hornish have raced but never won a race on an oval in NASCAR? In fact the only one of them to win ANY NASCAR event is JPM and that was on a road course, in Mexico, in the "2nd string" Nationwide series. Actually I think Villeneuve won in Canada last year too at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Ironic), but again NOT an oval. Or how about Marcos Ambrose (Who did win 1 or 2 road courses)? Boris Said? Road course ringers but can't hack the ovals. Personally I really wanted Ambrose to get an oval but it's too late now as he is going back to V8 Supercar, Montoya back to open wheel. The only two true success stories that I know of in a driver crossing over is Tony Stewart and Jimme Johnson.

All of these drivers are formidable foes, some at the very top of the list, in the series they came from, but can't close the deal in a stock car? On the flipside some NASCAR drivers have gone on to successful wins in other series. The Earhardts were often ringers at the 24hrs of Daytona for Corvette Racing many years. Multiple others have done the same in GT series cars.

Oh and you can find tuning for ANY car or discipline on these boards. If you want a setup because you don't want to mess with it or have no idea how to do it, you will find it here with a bit of looking, so that point is null.

As for "like donovan mcnabb said, nascar drivers are not athletes.", Wow. You're going to quote him? Ok well by that standard NO racing driver in ANY series should be considered an athlete. He might be a "traditional athlete" tough guy but run him through 4hrs at Daytona OR a 4hr stint at Sebring and he would be crying for his mommy like a little 🤬.

Okay OK, off topic rant over.

This is completely off topic, so I'll keep it short.

I think the reason why rarely someone from outside of NASCAR is successful in this series on ovals is the same why NASCAR drivers are not outside of it (and no, driving one of three stints in an endurance race is not a benchmark for success in another series). And the reason is that it's a very specialized form of racing where minute differences decide over success and to get those last hundreds of a second out of it takes time. Time, which the drivers from other series can never catch up with.

It wouldn't surprise me if GT7 was out next year.
In saying that 2015 would probably be more appropriate for a more complete game compared to FFFFFF..
Alternatively if Sony don't reach their targets,perhaps GT7 prologue may come before to long.
Providing there's no hiccups in development,2 years sounds realistic given the better hardware.

Nascar would make sense in the game if they get things right: rules, plenty of cars of the same season and more tracks.

Otherwise, is pointless as it is in GT5 and will be in 6.

(Don't crucify me. I like Nascar racing).

I would bet my whole bank account that there is gt7 prologue coming late 2014 and full version is coming early 2016. Gt6 has at least 2 years of life if not 3.

Why would a full version come 2 years later? If they release a prologue, not many people will be buying that's for sure.

nascar is nothing but wwe on 4 wheels with rolling billboards. whoever has the most money wins. and also whoever nascar allows to cheat the most wins. this is nothing but scripted entertainment. its not about driving, its all about the car and the sponsors. you cant argue with facts that track attendance is down as well as tv views

"Don't argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Wise words I often need to remind myself of. It really is true.

I guess to chime in on the actual topic, no I don't see GT7 happening next year at all. Unless they started simultaneous development alongside GT6 months ago.

I wouldn't give them a snowball in hells chance of meeting a "Best case scenario" in 12 months time if they didn't side by side develop, I suggest it's a given, especially if they had early access to PS4 Dev kits.

They have 400 or so 500,000 polygon cars and a bunch of changing time/weather tracks. Plus 12 more tracks and an unknown number of cars on their way over the next 12 months (allegedly).

All of which means I think the release of GT7 will be a judgement call on how well GT6 keeps going after release and/or how the PS4 is doing rather than a question on when it will be ready.

Unless PD start doing this for all future games, the EA comparison seems abit much.

GT7 next year????

Go home Kaz, you are drunk :P You work at PD, not EA.

Shots fired! :lol:

If GT7 does come out next year, hopefully it is a one-off thing. Once a full GT game is on the PS4, that'll keep people occupied for years.

I'm ironically hoping they don't meet their "best case scenario", looking forward to play gt6 on the next 2 to maybe even 4 years.

Chances are Kaz will want the next full-fledge iteration of the game to be just more than a GT6’s Premium Assets port running on steroids, and may eventually end up considering PS4 horsepower is still insufficient to fulfill his objective. And there goes the “best case scenario”:D

nascar is nothing but wwe on 4 wheels with rolling billboards. whoever has the most money wins. and also whoever nascar allows to cheat the most wins. this is nothing but scripted entertainment. its not about driving, its all about the car and the sponsors. you cant argue with facts that track attendance is down as well as tv views
d5c.jpg

Maybe this discussions should be continued in the NASCAR in GT6 thread

Sam Hornish has won twice on ovals in the Nationwide series and JPM has won twice in Cup, granted those were on road courses. Though, JPM has come close to winning on an oval several times. Hell I remember just this season he was leading late in a race and got screwed over. And if you wanna be really technical, Scott Pruett and Franchitti have both won multiple NASCAR events.

Actually you are right I forgot about those other wins. Hornish is another successful crossover.

Ok enough now.

Oddly for once I'm actually hoping they don't meet their best case scenario. The longer it takes for GT7 to release the more support we'll get for GT6.

I don't want a prologue, I just want a proper GT7. I want PD to take the next step. Make it next gen, not a remake. I want to see a truly new game. I just hope the competition forces Kaz's hand to put more effort in. Also they could probably afford adding a few new staff members to speed up the process.

I don't want a prologue, I just want a proper GT7. I want PD to take the next step. Make it next gen, not a remake. I want to see a truly new game. I just hope the competition forces Kaz's hand to put more effort in. Also they could probably afford adding a few new staff members to speed up the process.

Kaz has the car companies modelling cars for him now (Vision GT). And by the looks of the only next gen racing game we have seen, PD already have it covered.

Back